Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

A Baby's Best Friend and split stay

We are staying 11 nights at BCV and then moving to BLT for our last 3 nights. I am ordering a crib through ABBF for DS. Will bell services transfer the crib from BCV to BLT? If not, how do I handle this? Do I just make 2 separate reservations? Thanks for any experiences or advice!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Lyn-CA
DIS Veteran

It depends

I am doing a split stay as well so I emailed ABBF and asked them how they handle this. They emailed me back and told me that I could either (1) make 2 separate reservations or (2) transport the crib myself between the two resorts. We have a rental car so we are still mulling over what to do.
AoA/Wyndham Bonnet Creek 1/13*POR/CBR/Swan/Contemporary 12/07*Disneyland Grand Californian b-day trip 9/06*Disneyland Hotel b-day trip 9/04*AKL 8/03*Disneyland 12/02*Beach Club & Magic 5/00* Disneyland b-day trip 9/99*Sports & WL 9/98
BEFORE DISCOVERING TRUE DISNEY MAGIC:
Disneyland 12/89*Disneyland 7/86
Lyn-CA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

If bell services will transfer the crib, that would be great. Otherwise, we are either going to make 2 reservations or let DS sleep in the pack and play for the last 3 nights. For a trip of 11 nights I want him in a real crib, but for 3 nights I would be okay with a pack and play. I think I will email Disney and see what they say. I wonder how compactly the crib folds up and how heavy it is.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

The crib folds very easily and both the crib and the mattress will be delivered in plastic bags with tags that you need to hold on to. I don't see why bell services couldn't transport it for you if you rewrap the crib and mattress. They bring it to your room and pick it up for you. The crib folds very easily and quickly, not that heavy. I folded ours and moved them pretty easily.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

That's helpful to have a better description of what the crib is like, thanks. I guess by the time we fold/pack up the crib to leave with bell services, we might as well just have it transferred for the last 3 nights.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to report back on my experience in case someone else has the same situation. Bell services at the Beach Club informed me that they would NOT be able to transfer the crib and mattress. I contacted ABBF and they allowed me to turn the crib in early. DS was fine in a pack 'n play for our last few nights, but for anything more than 2 or 3 nights, I will always rent a crib.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: