Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
shaynanick
Earning My Ears

Coronado Springs

Any feed back on Coronado Spring please?? Cramped buses? Any great resort perks? Fun programs at resort?
shaynanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
fitmom0f2
Mouseketeer

subbing

Our Dis-tory:
2005 off property
2012 ASMu/Dream/POPc
2013 Coronado Springs Princess half wknd
2014 Wonder from Miami to Bahamas
2015 Fantasy to W.Caribbean and first Home resort stay at SSR
fitmom0f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
fitmom0f2
Mouseketeer

oops.. this time for real. It's been awhile, forgive me.

Our Dis-tory:
2005 off property
2012 ASMu/Dream/POPc
2013 Coronado Springs Princess half wknd
2014 Wonder from Miami to Bahamas
2015 Fantasy to W.Caribbean and first Home resort stay at SSR
fitmom0f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #4
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed CSR. Only took the bus once and it wasn't bad at all. Checkout the Coronado Springs thread. There is a link on it to the first one (which has lots of info). I don't recall any children's programs, but then again my kids were a bit older when we went. Keep in mind it is a VERY large resort, so if you prefer not to walk around the beautiful lake, book a preferred room. The main pool, which my kids LOVED, does NOT have a zero gravity entrance for young children. We loved the Pepper Market and really enjoyed our stay.....those hammocks are nice!

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 9
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

We love CSR. It is one of our favorites! We have stayed there 3 times and honestly of all the Disney resorts that we have stayed at over our last 14 visits, CSR buses have always been the best.

This is a huge resort, but put in a request to stay in the Cabana's section and you will be conveniently located near El Centro, the bus stop and the Dig Site pool.

We just stayed there this past May and they do have child activities at the pool in the afternoon and they even have movies and roasting marshmellows at night.

I highly recommend this resort!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
Cold71
Mouseketeer

Stayed here with the wife in February of 2011. The resort was very nice but very large. Which I think is important to keep in mind if you don't like walking. I'd say it was close to a 10 minute walk from our room to the main building. As for the restaurants, all of them were very nice as well. We ate breakfast and dinner a few times in the pepper market which we enjoyed. We also watched the super bowl in Rix. It was a bit crowed obviously but the food and drinks were very good. They aren't shy about making a decent drink. We did the more formal restaurant our last night there. The Mayan Grill. I can't really recommend this place. Both the service and food were good but the portions were tiny and $75 later (no alcohol) we left hungry. I'd definitely go back to CSR. We're going to try Port Orleans Riverside on our next trip though, I keep hearing good things about it.
Cold71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

We have stayed there many times. As a pp said, they have movies at the pool nightly and roast marshmallows on sticks by the pool. Kids must be with an adult to roast one (or two!). They do a fun thing with the kids who are at the pool in the morning where they all sit on the big pyramid stairs and "open" the pool where water comes rushing down. Kind of cool. The pool area is great for kids with the playground, dig site (sand), sand volleyball, arcade and pool slide. The pool bar is nice for the adults

Yes, it is large and spread out, but walking isn't a problem for us.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
kmarie99
Mouseketeer

We are going back for the in 19 days for our 3rd say at CSR...We love it!! We love that there are 4 bus stops.

I agree with PP, you should check out the CSR thread, great information and alot of pictures.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
qbmillar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
We have stayed there many times. As a pp said, they have movies at the pool nightly and roast marshmallows on sticks by the pool. Kids must be with an adult to roast one (or two!). They do a fun thing with the kids who are at the pool in the morning where they all sit on the big pyramid stairs and "open" the pool where water comes rushing down. Kind of cool. The pool area is great for kids with the playground, dig site (sand), sand volleyball, arcade and pool slide. The pool bar is nice for the adults

Yes, it is large and spread out, but walking isn't a problem for us.
I second being at the pool opening if you have younger kids, my daughter was 3 and LOVED IT!!
qbmillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

Resort is beautiful. Rooms are nicely appointed although lighting is dim. Pools are really fun. I think CSR's dig site is the best pool on property. Slide is awesome. Poolside CS is convenient. Bathrooms are spacious and clean. Playground adjacent to pool. Poolside activities for kids are fun. Bus service was prompt, not crowded and the bus stops are covered with some seating, fans, and vending machines.

My one caution would be if anyone in your group has food allergies. We had a bad experience regarding my daughter's food allergies at the Pepper Market. There is a lack of urgency and perhaps a bit of a language barrier coupled with the fact that CSR eateries are not owned/managed by Disney.

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014

Grace&Carolinesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #11
pjhootch
Mouseketeer

CSR is a really nice resort. It feels less frenzied than other Disney resorts. Probably because the place is big, and because the theming is toned down (and part of it is used for conventions). There are still some things for the kids (the pool opening ceremony is cute) and there are plenty of kids around, but not as many little ones as you will see at many resorts.

The hot tub is really nice and huge, and secluded a bit. The grounds are beautiful, the pepper market is okay, and the outside bar makes some decent drinks.

Walking from the front desk to one of the back buildings is a long walk if your feet (or you!) are tired. It isn't a big deal if you are just going to your room, because the buses circle the resort and no particular room is horribly far from a bus stop to the parks. However, walking up to have dinner or just get a coffee is a drag if you're beat.

The rooms are really comfortable and peaceful and the resort is very quiet because of the way it is spread out.
pjhootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #12
cmhguy
Mouseketeer

Ditto the CSR thread - but here's my 2 cents on the buses....

Best bus service of any trip was our stay at CSR. 8 days of always having a seat - never had to stand at all times of the day even park close, very timely, and conventions were our friend - people were at the conventions and not going to the parks - thus the empty buses. We felt it was pure luxury - like our own private coach service at times.....
cmhguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: