Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #16
JustMeFran
Mouseketeer

Oh my I loved my Photopass +!
Very glad I did not buy the Mickey pot holders!! I really wanted one, too. Good to know!

-Fran =)

JustMeFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
I have a mickeys hand potholder that is pretty useless as a potholder.
Haha! My mom got me these a couple of years ago...cute, but not functional as potholders what-so-ever.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
quirty30
DIS Veteran

I got a plastic red Mickey clock with floating hands with the white gloves. It stopped keeping time almost as soon as I got it home. I think one of the inner hands is stuck. But the floating white gloved hands still work.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
PKWallaby
DIS Veteran

post it notes!

A set of 4 adorable notepads that are supposed to be self-stick like post-it notes. Unfortunately they do not stick - so they fall off over everything unless you use tape. Sort of defeats the purpose of "self-stick" (and reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George and the label maker )

Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow...
PKWallaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #20
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

You can thank China.

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #21
Suellen
DIS Veteran

The play Castle. Garbage.

The spinning light up Minnie's - they stopped working before we got to the car. The kids still always ask for a new one - ugh no they are junk.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #22
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Disney Polly's dolls...

We brought the prince doll pack.. It looked like you got 3 doll and a few changes of clothes..
Only to open it up and fine it was one doll with changeable head!!! The heads were so little that there was no way to get the heads on the one body..
I don't understand way they make such little pieces!!! They were lost before ever getting home..

SAVE you money and buy the new ones in the store, that have the magic clip on outfits! Much better, and less Likely to get lost..

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
Ness2289
I'm a little lost on this one...
Oooooh! I see now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKWallaby
A set of 4 adorable notepads that are supposed to be self-stick like post-it notes. Unfortunately they do not stick - so they fall off over everything unless you use tape. Sort of defeats the purpose of "self-stick" (and reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George and the label maker )
I'm glad I read through first. This is EXACTLY what I was going to say! I thought to myself, surely someone else has purchased the ever so cute sticky notes that won't stick!! LOL! Those things stick for about a solid minute!
June/July 2014- Swan & Dolphin/Pop Century, June 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter, April 2011-Disney Dream, June 2010-Pop Century Resort, Mar./Apr. 2008-1st Cruise!!- Land and Sea - Wonder/Polynesian Resort, June 2005- Caribbean Beach Resort, March 2003- Offsite for DD's 1st Trip! , 1997- Offsite, 1993- Offsite, 1981- Offsite
Ness2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

There are almost too many things to remember them all. Buzz lightyear blaster, buzz lightyear spinner, two monorails, a pose able woody doll... My dh and I decided that we're going to stop buying toys at wdw for awhile!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #25
JDX4
Mouseketeer

I have bought several of the little plastic pouches that hold your tickets on the end of your lanyard. Each one has ripped. I guess I overstuff them with my whole family's tickets and fast passes, and sometimes some cash. So really it's my fault. I should just buy a sturdier fabric one at home to bring with me. Maybe next time.

WDW Summers of 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2011
Feb. of 2008, 2009

Baby's first trip this August - staying at the Dolphin
JDX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #26
jamelynn24
Mouseketeer

Agree with the post it notes that don't stick! Also agree with the charm bracelets that fall apart and shirts that shrink two sizes. I bought a pair of earrings that broke before I even put them on! My daughter saves her $$ and usually buys hair stuff or jewelry and most of it breaks before we even leave (the stores take it back, though). My son's monorail broke within a month. Geez....now that I see this written down, why do we spend our $$ on this garbage?? Oh yeah...because it brings a bit of magic home...even if it doesn't last longer than a day
jamelynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #27
fizbobunny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirty30
I got a plastic red Mickey clock with floating hands with the white gloves. It stopped keeping time almost as soon as I got it home. I think one of the inner hands is stuck. But the floating white gloved hands still work.
I bought the same and had the same issue.
Celebrating My Brother's Birthday and Mardi Gras~~~~~~~Legoland, Disney, and DS#2's First Trip
Oct 2013 BWV and Darkside; Oct 2012 - POR AoA LM; Sept./Oct. 2010 - OldestDS First Trip - ASM Family Suite; Aug./Sept. 2005 - Hurricane Katrina Trip - Offsite; Dec. 2004 - My Graduation Trip - Offsite; and many others I can't remember the dates
fizbobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #28
SharonS
Mouseketeer

I purchased a pair of 14k gold Mickey earrings a few years ago. When one fell out, it bent so badly and was not fixable. Definitely not worth the money I paid. I also agree with others regarding how much many items shrink
SharonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #29
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauser View Post
I bought a drawstring backpack at DL in August. Then in Dec I used it at WDW on a 3 day trip and it completely fell apart.
Me too! It has pulled apart at every seem. Never carried anything heavy in it It is just junk...

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #30
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Some sort of mini-digital camera themed to POTC. While it seemed to take pictures, we never knew because it would not connect with the computer to download them.

Mickey Mouse scheduler thing-y. It looked a bit like a red calculator and was supposed to help you keep up with things like Fastpass times and such. Piece of junk.

Balloons. No luck with them lasting more than a few hours.

Gemstone Mickey ring. We've bought three....the stone always falls out within a short time. My DD just loved them though. After the last one, we said, no more.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: