Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #16
FLVacationGirl
Mouseketeer

Very funny observation of the 3 cruise ships. Disney does do a great job with their sail away party. We went, not expecting to get all excited, and ended up getting right into it.

Just saw the pic of the one poster's daughter on the FB page.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
and the happiest cruisers

Well, they might have the most cruisers up on the top deck. But just going from my own experience on RCCL... instead of wasting my time saying goodbye to absolute strangers, and "partying" with other strangers up on the top deck as we sailed away, brand-new-DH and I were off, extremely happy, looking at the scenery go by as we took our honeymoon cruise, being extremely happy by NOT dancing with strangers and waving and no one in particular.

Not sure you can assume what you're assuming; RCCL had a lot for us to do away from the top decks, and we were off doing those things.

Even now, thinking about the sailaway party we'll be dealing with next month on the Dream, I cannot even possibly imagine why I would want to be up there, when I could be elsewhere, exploring. It absolutely boggles my mind. Surely there are more interesting things to do away from the eye of a webcam.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 04:29 AM   #18
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Well, they might have the most cruisers up on the top deck. But just going from my own experience on RCCL... instead of wasting my time saying goodbye to absolute strangers, and "partying" with other strangers up on the top deck as we sailed away, brand-new-DH and I were off, extremely happy, looking at the scenery go by as we took our honeymoon cruise, being extremely happy by NOT dancing with strangers and waving and no one in particular.

Not sure you can assume what you're assuming; RCCL had a lot for us to do away from the top decks, and we were off doing those things.

Even now, thinking about the sailaway party we'll be dealing with next month on the Dream, I cannot even possibly imagine why I would want to be up there, when I could be elsewhere, exploring. It absolutely boggles my mind. Surely there are more interesting things to do away from the eye of a webcam.
On our RCCL cruises, during the sail away, our sons were on the Flo Rider at the back of the ship. The best time to do so. Lines were small, they learned how to do it for the rest of the trip. Then we gathered for a pic at the railing with Miami South Beach in the back ground. One of our favorite pics.

I love that someone got to see her daughter sail away! How cool! And for taking care of the PITA baby doggy So cute. I love watching the sail away. From ANY ship
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #19
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

A lot of us don't see it as a waste of time, but enjoy the experience. To each his own.

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
Rylee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allears View Post
A lot of us don't see it as a waste of time, but enjoy the experience. To each his own.
I agree. As for my daughter, (22y/o) this is her very first cruise, and she is a little nervous and very excited. When she heard about the webcam, she thought it might be a way to share some of her excitement and the magic with her family back home in NY... and it was.

&

Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #21
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLVacationGirl View Post
Very funny observation of the 3 cruise ships. Disney does do a great job with their sail away party. We went, not expecting to get all excited, and ended up getting right into it.

Just saw the pic of the one poster's daughter on the FB page.
where do you see this? I looked but don't see any pics posted and wondered if they have more than one fb page. the page I see is just one big ad.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: