Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Neverland Club vs. Sandcastle Club

Will be using the childcare centers for a night for the first time on an upcoming trip. We're staying at BLT and my wife and I are going to dinner at EPCOT, so either of these places would be reasonably convenient -- Neverland perhaps a bit more so, but going to Sandcastle would give us more time at EPCOT before our dinner reservation, so we're considering that one as well.

Anyone have any opinions as between the two of them?

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I haven't used the Neverland Club, but we did use the Sandcastle Club a couple of years ago and had a great experience. We dropped the kids off about 5:30, they had dinner there while we ate on the Boardwalk. Then we went through the IG to Epcot and browsed the shops and such until Illuminations. After Illuminations, we walked back to get the kids at SC and were on our way back to our resort by 9:30. The kids played video games, watched a movie, did crafts, ate dinner and snack, played games and enjoyed their "night out" as much as we did.

It was very convenient to drive to Beach Club from our resort, park there and walk. It seems to me that by adding a stop at the Poly to the mix, you'll be spending a lot of time in transit.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
AllieV
DIS Veteran

I'll toss out another option. We put our little one at the Dolphin's kid's club. It was $10 an hour and if you bring a dinner receipt from a Dolphin or Swan restaurant, you get 2 hours free (may have been 3 hours). We stayed at the boardwalk and ate at the Dolphin a few nights and got babysitting for free that way. It's a small place, but he loved it. There are movies, art, building blocks, and they take them down the hall to eat at 6pm (I think it was included but I don't remember for sure).
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

Think about which is a bigger factor to you:

Having them closer to where you are in case you need to get back to them quickly..
(Sand Castle)
or
Having them closer to your room so you can get tired or sleepy kids back to the room quicker and easier. (Never Land)
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
DCbride
DIS Veteran

DD5 has been to both (and the one at AKL) she honestly loves them all. The entrance to the Neverland Club was fun- the whole pixie dust thing. She usually goes 1-2x a trip and has always asked to stay longer. While it would give you more time at EPCOT, the quick monorail trip home at the end of the night might be worth it.

If you need to quickly get from EPCOT dining to the Poly, you could walk out the back and take a taxi from the Boardwalk right to the Poly.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop/Omni, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: