Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
wdwmom2011
Earning My Ears

Help with WDW with 2 yr old and 3 month old

I am currently pregnant and have a 15 month old. We will be traveling to WDW in September. DD will be turning 2 while we are there and I will have a baby who will be about 3 months old.

We are deciding between a Britax B Agile double and a City Mini Double (any input?). But I don't think a 3 month old baby can ride in those strollers without a car seat? So do I lug around a double stroller, a car seat plus diaper bag, camera bag, etc?

how will this work?
wdwmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
GoMegGo
Mouseketeer

You could fully recline one side of the CM Double and put the 3 month old in the stroller. I would maybe buy an infant position pillow just to soften the ride a little. Another idea: Wear the infant in an Ergo or Beco carrier (stay away from Baby Bjorns) and push the toddler in a single stroller.
GoMegGo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Lilliputian
DIS Veteran

I put my infants in the City Mini. They look a little funny until they grow a bit, but it's perfectly comfortable. You'll just need to check periodically to make sure the baby isn't slipping out of the shoulder straps if it's still tiny. My babies are always wearing about 9 months clothes by 3 months, and they fit in the City Mini very well by then. A baby who's still in 3 month clothes might be a little swallowed.

My preference is to stay away from car seats in strollers (or just away from using them more than necessary in any case), but that's going to be especially important in September. It's really hot in September, and babies don't regulate their body temps well. I'd also normally suggest wearing your baby most of the time, but you're going to need a stroller available for when the both of you just get too hot.
Lilliputian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
trtl6941
Mouseketeer

Last time we went, my youngest was just five months. We had her in the CM double, it reclines very flat and has a nice airflow too! LOVED it!

trtl6941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
wdwmom2011
Earning My Ears

I was planning on taking on Ergo carrier, but I didn't want to count on wearing the baby too much because i figured we would both be hot in it.

We are leaning towards the Britax B Agile Double over the City Mini Double for a few reasons- it is cheaper, there is no bar between the rear wheels for me to kick by accident like I do with the City Mini, and it comes with the car seat adapter. It is pretty much the same thing as the City Mini though, so I guess it would be ok to put a 3 month old in? I just thought that it was too young to be in the stroller without the car seat.
wdwmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: