Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Ideal cabana? No such thing, right? But . . .

I know virtually everybody praises their cabana choice generally speaking. So, I am not really asking if you had a nice time in your specific cabana. However, if given a choice of all cabanas on the main family beach, which would you chose with the following particulars:

Two cabins splitting a cabana. Total of four adults, four kids (12 yo girl, 12 yo girl, 9 yo boy, 6 yo boy)

12 yo girls are friends and plan on running around together, enjoy swimming, water slides, etc.

Mom of 6 yo likes to keep a close eye on him.

Parents like nice view of the beach without much commotion.

I was thinking something in the 7-10 range would make sense. What say you?

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

You may not have a lot of choice. Cabanas book very fast. I am gold and when I could book at 105 days out., all the cabanas we gone.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
EandEmom
Earning My Ears

I would like to know other's Input on this subiect too. May I point out that people are simply looking for answers to their questions...... Not how they won't be able to get what they are thinking about.
EandEmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywonderfun View Post
I know virtually everybody praises their cabana choice generally speaking. So, I am not really asking if you had a nice time in your specific cabana. However, if given a choice of all cabanas on the main family beach, which would you chose with the following particulars:

Two cabins splitting a cabana. Total of four adults, four kids (12 yo girl, 12 yo girl, 9 yo boy, 6 yo boy)

12 yo girls are friends and plan on running around together, enjoy swimming, water slides, etc.

Mom of 6 yo likes to keep a close eye on him.

Parents like nice view of the beach without much commotion.

I was thinking something in the 7-10 range would make sense. What say you?

DWF
I would say 2, 3, 4 or 5. Great sight line to the beach in front of you. Close to Cookies Too and the bathrooms. Close to Pelican Plunge where I'm sure the 12yr old girls will spend a lot of time.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
mousebrat
DIS Veteran

In many (most?) cases, two cabanas will share a single path down to the beach area. You might be able to see what I am talking about with the picture at the link below. If you are a group getting two cabanas, sharing a path might be something to look for.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....336376&page=47

June 2, 2012 Disney Magic NYC

Wishing we could call the Grand Floridian home...
mousebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Commander Cody
The siege goes well. With our continued barrage, their shield should be down in three months.

I don't know this for a fact, but based on previous posts I've read, it appears the higher numbered cabana's on the family beach are NOT ideal for swimming. It seems the beach in front of these cabanas is only a couple feet deep. As the tide goes out, you basically have very little water in front. Of course you can always walk down and swim in front of the lower numbered cabanas.

If this is true, I'm not sure why some people seem to target these higher numberered cabanas (maybe they are more private?). I have # 15 reserved for May, but trying to swap it for a lower number (of course there is no availability).
Commander Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
cblack
Mousketeer

I was in cabana #4 in January 2011 and will be in cabana #7 in a couple weeks. Cabana #4 is good for being close to restrooms, being close to Cookies, and the water outfront is good. We did end up walking towards the higher number cabanas because there was a little island that you could walk to on that end. The bad part about #4 was the folks who did not book cabanas. No flames here, please. People would walk up to the rope, make comments such as, "we aren't supposed to go in there," and then would walk right past the rope into the cabana beach area. There was a never-ending line of people walking in and being walked back out. There really was no one there to make sure that only cabana guests were getting past the rope, and we did eventually say something to the cabana hosts because it got that bad.

So, for this next cruise, we moved further down in hopes that we will still be close enough to the deeper water, restrooms, and Cookies, but further away from the constant commotion at the rope. I can report back in a few weeks to let you know if that was my experience.

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Cody
I don't know this for a fact, but based on previous posts I've read, it appears the higher numbered cabana's on the family beach are NOT ideal for swimming. It seems the beach in front of these cabanas is only a couple feet deep. As the tide goes out, you basically have very little water in front. Of course you can always walk down and swim in front of the lower numbered cabanas.

If this is true, I'm not sure why some people seem to target these higher numberered cabanas (maybe they are more private?). I have # 15 reserved for May, but trying to swap it for a lower number (of course there is no availability).
If I had small children, which I do, I would only want a couple of feet of water.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
golfermike35
Vacation Fans

We've had cabana #4 on two previous cruises and will have it again for the third time during our April 27th, 2013 Western. Obviously we like cabana #4 and there are a few reasons!

1 - Its a very short walk to the restroom/cookies/bikes etc.....
2 - Sightlines from the hammock/beach toward the ship and the water slide are perfect!
3- We've had it two other times.....so let's keep the streak going!

Good luck and have fun......any cabana is a good cabana!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #10
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

We've had 7 twice, which is close to where the beach turns a little toward the very shallow side. We loved it both times, but booked 4 this time to be in a little deeper water and to be closer to the restrooms/ food. I was worn out taking our DS (then 3) to the potty every 30 minutes. It's not a long walk from 7, but I'm happy to cut down on some of that time.

FWIW both times that we were there, we didn't see anyone close the rope. I think it just depends.
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #11
clten
DIS Veteran

We had cabana 2 and I was thinking that that area would be good if you were going to have kids using Pelican Plunge - good view from the beach there and the beach was nice. But I might want to be a few more cabanas down. 2 was too close to the general public when you headed down to the beach (like another poster said, a lot of comments from people about not crossing the rope, but then crossing it anyway.) We went with a low # cabana because we wanted to be close to bathrooms and Cookies 2 and #2 was perfect for that.

So I think your assessment of trying to get in the 7-10 range is on target. But if those aren't available, I'd head to 4-6 before I took 11-14.
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

We had #5 last year, I loved the location and view. I tried #4 and #5, before I snagged our current reservation in #6. I logged in at 12:01am.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

So which have shared paths? All of them?
TIA
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: