Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,429

How Far/Many times can I bump out my Dummy Cruise?

I booked a dummy cruise for this coming August on the Wonder hoping they would continue to sail out of Galveston on the route that went to WDW. This, of course, has not happened and I find the schedules that are currently available totally unappealing. I wonder if we will EVER get a better picture of 2014 cruises..at least in time for me to change my August 13 cruise. So, my question is can I bump this dummy booking to another cruise and then see what happens in latter 2014 or even early 2015 to bump it again to what I really want? I was hoping to see an Alaska announced in 2014 but no luck. Ugh..
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2 miles north of the Castle!
Posts: 21,528

There is no statute of limitations on bumping your dummy cruises.
__________________
OKW Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran
 
ruadisneyfan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 11,894

Bump away!
__________________
ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
happy55girl
Mouseketeer
 
happy55girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delta, BC Canada
Posts: 91

Dummy Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
I booked a dummy cruise for this coming August on the Wonder hoping they would continue to sail out of Galveston on the route that went to WDW. This, of course, has not happened and I find the schedules that are currently available totally unappealing. I wonder if we will EVER get a better picture of 2014 cruises..at least in time for me to change my August 13 cruise. So, my question is can I bump this dummy booking to another cruise and then see what happens in latter 2014 or even early 2015 to bump it again to what I really want? I was hoping to see an Alaska announced in 2014 but no luck. Ugh..
Sorry I'm new to this whole thing... What's a dummy cruise?
__________________
Melissa

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
SnackyStacky
Disney Addict
S2+1

Proud new daddy to his own little princess!
 
SnackyStacky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
There is no statute of limitations on bumping your dummy cruises.
This. With an addendum.

This is the CURRENT policy. Disney is within their rights to change the policy. (Think about when they gave SBC for onboard bookings based on Castaway Club level and modified it to being based on length of sailing only)

There's no indication they'll do that. Just sayin'!
SnackyStacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
jodi90
Mouseketeer
 
jodi90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy55girl View Post
Sorry I'm new to this whole thing... What's a dummy cruise?
I'm new to DCL too but a "dummy cruise" is booked while you are on board your cruise. You get a pretty good deal when you rebook while on board. Less deposit and I think a slight discount on the cost of the cruise. The "dummy cruise" part comes from picking a cruise date. You pick any date and then later when you know the exact dates you want to cruise again you adjust the cruise date.

Make sense? Probably not I'm sure someone with more cruise experience can explain it a bit better.
__________________
jodi90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys
 
nunzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 7,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi90 View Post
I'm new to DCL too but a "dummy cruise" is booked while you are on board your cruise. You get a pretty good deal when you rebook while on board. Less deposit and I think a slight discount on the cost of the cruise. The "dummy cruise" part comes from picking a cruise date. You pick any date and then later when you know the exact dates you want to cruise again you adjust the cruise date.

Make sense? Probably not I'm sure someone with more cruise experience can explain it a bit better.
Yes..you also get more on board credit. We can't take the cruise we wanted..out of vacation time..which was a spring 2013 from Galveston that goes to WDW for a day, so we booked as far out as we could which ended up being an August cruise that ended up being to Jamaica (ugh..no interest) My DH gets his 2014 vacation time in November but those cruises don't look appealing..lots of seadays, no CC and going to Nassau..or Mexico..But I don't know..maybe. I don't like to fly so sailing out of Galveston or LA or possibly Seattle (loooong train trip) is what I'm looking at. When we retire I can see us doing a long trip to WDW and a cruise combined, but not now. Sooo..if they don't release something soon may just bump it to November and see if Alaska or something comes up, but if not and I bump past November I will have lost my Galveston chance since the last cruises from there..January 14, are only 4 days plus we already have a DLR trip planned then. I am seeing DCL being way to trigger happy to change if things don't instantly book rather than work on marketing or plus the cruises which I find disturbing for a company that should really have a long range focus. Like the Pacific Coast cruises..they weren't selling well so they discounted heavily and THEN added the Pixar theme. We had booked on one of them way before any discounts or plussing, (and we did end up getting a killer deal and the Pixar stuff was just fantastic) but I bet they never do those schedules again and they just seem to give up without letting something develop. I don't think they know what to do with four ships and really need to get creative, which is an odd thing to be missing from the Disney company .
__________________
nunzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #8
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,741

And if I recall correctly...concierge cannot be bumped. I think the rule used to be 1 bump for concierge but I recall seeing people on here saying it was now 0.
__________________
DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
ScholarAndAGent
Earning My Ears
 
ScholarAndAGent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 24

What if you already booked your next cruise

My girlfriend and I are going on the Dream 3-night cruise on January 31st. She also has one booked with her family for June 1st aboard the Fantasy.

Can she take advantage of the onboard discounts by rebooking or amending her cruise, even though she has her cruise already booked?
ScholarAndAGent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholarAndAGent
My girlfriend and I are going on the Dream 3-night cruise on January 31st. She also has one booked with her family for June 1st aboard the Fantasy.

Can she take advantage of the onboard discounts by rebooking or amending her cruise, even though she has her cruise already booked?
You can ask the onboard booking cast member to reshop the cruise for you.
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.