Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #19
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriV

Others have said it before, but I will re-iterate - It's really important to go to the icebreaker event on the first night. On our last cruise I had 2 kids eligible for Vibe (17 and 15 at the time). They did not go to the icebreaker. They stopped in on day 2, stayed for 10 minutes, and decided it was "lame." Their word, not mine. On the last day, DD15 decided to give it another try. She met a nice group of kids and we didn't see her for the rest of the day, other than dinner. She really regrets not going on the first day. I expect our cruise next month to be very different. She is already talking about Vibe and how she will most definitely be there for the icebreaker activity. She also is not necessarily shy, but not the most outgoing either - until she gets to know someone.

I will add that DS17 never warmed up to Vibe. However, he was almost 18 at the time and felt the crowd on that particular cruise was a bit young for him.
Thanks for this reply. We will urge her to participate on the first night, and after that we'll see what she prefers. Perhaps she will meet some like-minded kids and hang out with them, but if not I know she will also be happy reading by the pool and going to movies. Thanks again!
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: