Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

subbing!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #17
kimwhitt93
Mouseketeer

We were on the Disney Magic for Christmas. My DS turned 18 in October. I was really bummed that they had changed the rules and that he would not be able to go to the VIbe, but he wasn't. He went to the 18-21 meetings. There was a group that hung out to all hours of the night, or should I say morning. I think he enjoyed being able to go to the adult clubs. We actually saw him a few times hiding out in the back with the group. He really had a great time and is ready to go back again.

I would highly encourage your son, to partake in the group functions. Sometimes they just sat in someone's room and ordered room service and watched movies.

I think he actually had more fun with this group, then he would've with the Vibe group.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwhitt93 View Post
We were on the Disney Magic for Christmas. My DS turned 18 in October. I was really bummed that they had changed the rules and that he would not be able to go to the VIbe, but he wasn't. He went to the 18-21 meetings. There was a group that hung out to all hours of the night, or should I say morning. I think he enjoyed being able to go to the adult clubs. We actually saw him a few times hiding out in the back with the group. He really had a great time and is ready to go back again.

I would highly encourage your son, to partake in the group functions. Sometimes they just sat in someone's room and ordered room service and watched movies.

I think he actually had more fun with this group, then he would've with the Vibe group.
Of course, you know your kids the best, but for our DS19, the rule was he was not to go into anyone else's room nor have any of his new friends in our room. Yes, I trust my kids, but I'm sorry, I don't know yours (or their parents).

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Schmoo, you may become my newest cruise sister.

We have always had the rule that no one is invited into our cabin and my daughter (at any age) could not go into any other cabin. On one cruise, the girls decided to "do" each others hair--so they did it in a public bathroom. I found out about that one later....she also learned that when one needs help zipping a dress, one can step out into the hall and friend can help there!

We did make an exception on our Panama Canal cruise, but that was because the other girl had been injured on the cruise and was in a wheelchair. The girls had already been hanging out together for several days and the parents had met; we agreed that my teen could hang out in their cabin to be with her friend.

As to the hanging out...room service will only deliver food to a room (not to a deck or lounge area), but the kids would have it delivered to the room and be waiting outside. The server sometimes made them open the door to show that it was their room...then they would take the food to the pool deck.

Biggest for the 18-21 group (as with all other groups) is to go on the first night and TELL the CMs what you want to do. They will schedule lunches together, mini golf time (Fantasy), other activities IF THE group asks for it. If they don't ask, the CMs won't plan much or anything. DD has been in great groups and some real duds. It's up to them.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #20
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Schmoo, you may become my newest cruise sister.

We have always had the rule that no one is invited into our cabin and my daughter (at any age) could not go into any other cabin. On one cruise, the girls decided to "do" each others hair--so they did it in a public bathroom. I found out about that one later....she also learned that when one needs help zipping a dress, one can step out into the hall and friend can help there!

We did make an exception on our Panama Canal cruise, but that was because the other girl had been injured on the cruise and was in a wheelchair. The girls had already been hanging out together for several days and the parents had met; we agreed that my teen could hang out in their cabin to be with her friend.

As to the hanging out...room service will only deliver food to a room (not to a deck or lounge area), but the kids would have it delivered to the room and be waiting outside. The server sometimes made them open the door to show that it was their room...then they would take the food to the pool deck.

Biggest for the 18-21 group (as with all other groups) is to go on the first night and TELL the CMs what you want to do. They will schedule lunches together, mini golf time (Fantasy), other activities IF THE group asks for it. If they don't ask, the CMs won't plan much or anything. DD has been in great groups and some real duds. It's up to them.
Why, thank you , I consider that high praise.

PS, it's Shmoo (no c), thanks

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: