Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
dvandkq
Disney Kool-Aid Drinker

Day 0 - Seattle to Long Beach, California

We left Seattle early in the afternoon of December 8th. Our Alaska Airlines direct flight made getting to Southern California easy.

John checks out the aircraft emergency procedures card

Arriving at Long Beach made getting to Southern California even easier, as the airport is small and simple and rarely crowded.

We obtained all of our bags - except for my garment bag which I left on the luggage carousel. The "Best Western Long Beach" shuttle van soon arrived and took us to the Best Western Long Beach, our home for the night before the cruise.

While checking in at the hotel, my wife's cell phone rang. It was Alaska Airlines calling to let us know we'd left my garment bag behind on the luggage carousel. We were able to cajole the shuttle driver into making another round-trip to the airport to retrieve the garment bag containing my nice clothes for the formal and semi-formal nights. On the way back from the airport, we were able to get the driver to stop at the In-N-Out Burger along the way - a requirement of any trip to Southern California, no matter how abbreviated!

Once checked in, fed, and organized, we went to a nearby liquor store to buy some much-needed cruise supplies. After that errand, a bunch of excited people tried their best to get a good night's sleep the night before the fun really started!
dvandkq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: