Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #16
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I’m here, Kelli, and I am so happy that you are doing this trip report! I’m really looking forward to reading along and seeing the royal room!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Here from MeMom's report! Can't wait to read along!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Megablocks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #18
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessadavis View Post
I'm in!! I CAN'T wait to take a mother/daughter trip I hope that my DD still loves Disney as much as she does now when the time comes to take one.
When your time comes, it will be such a special trip. I promise you that! Thanks for reading along with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
Subbing!
I love reading Mom/Daughter TR's!!!

My DD and I take our Disney trips together (as you can see by all of my mom/daughter trip reports) ,and I love reading about others!!
You are a pro! Thanks for joining me. I am going to go check out your reports as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I’m here, Kelli, and I am so happy that you are doing this trip report! I’m really looking forward to reading along and seeing the royal room!
Hey, hey Erin! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Here from MeMom's report! Can't wait to read along!
Hi Meghan! I'm glad you are here!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #19
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

HI! I am pretty sure I read your other reports in the past.
I have to ask ...are you the one who had to have some major dental work/braces for your daughters? I remember someone having that and not too happy about the cost and I think I might've said something like it will be so worth it in the end. Well if this is you and thats your Daughter, her teeth look FABULOUS! I had horrid teeth and didn't have braces till I was 35 years old. I am so happy now with my million dollar mouth!
If thats not you, well disregard what I said, but her teeth still look great!

I can't wait to read more!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
HI! I am pretty sure I read your other reports in the past.
I have to ask ...are you the one who had to have some major dental work/braces for your daughters? I remember someone having that and not too happy about the cost and I think I might've said something like it will be so worth it in the end. Well if this is you and thats your Daughter, her teeth look FABULOUS! I had horrid teeth and didn't have braces till I was 35 years old. I am so happy now with my million dollar mouth!
If thats not you, well disregard what I said, but her teeth still look great!

I can't wait to read more!
Hi and welcome! Yes! That was me. I had to put braces on my girls at the same time so it was really expensive. And you were right! It was worth all that money! I actually am thinking about getting braces for myself as my parents couldn't afford it. I'm 33. How was your experience as an adult? I'm happy to hear you love your smile!

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hi and welcome! Yes! That was me. I had to put braces on my girls at the same time so it was really expensive. And you were right! It was worth all that money! I actually am thinking about getting braces for myself as my parents couldn't afford it. I'm 33. How was your experience as an adult? I'm happy to hear you love your smile!
it was so worth it. i still had baby teeth too that they pulled and then put braces AND teeth missing, but i knew in the long run I would be happy and I am. I got 2 bridges put in after they cam off and they bonded my front teeth so they won't try to separate again. My sister needs this done too and she has 1 baby tooth still that is falling apart, but she doesn't want to go a year or so missing a tooth while the braces are on. I tell her just to do it and she will be happy, but she won't. But it won't be long and that dang baby tooth is going to fall completely apart. I know, one of mine was almost a numb and the other one was starting to go too. Only my youngest sister was lucky enough to get the "works" done as a kid.
They told me for an adult, they could do more, like fix my jaw line/bite, but I didn't have to. If i was a teen they would've for sure. They just did the minimum to get my top teeth right. It hurts at times, like when they tighten the braces, but you learn to live with it quickly. My teeth went into place in about half the time they predicted too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #22
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
it was so worth it. i still had baby teeth too that they pulled and then put braces AND teeth missing, but i knew in the long run I would be happy and I am. I got 2 bridges put in after they cam off and they bonded my front teeth so they won't try to separate again. My sister needs this done too and she has 1 baby tooth still that is falling apart, but she doesn't want to go a year or so missing a tooth while the braces are on. I tell her just to do it and she will be happy, but she won't. But it won't be long and that dang baby tooth is going to fall completely apart. I know, one of mine was almost a numb and the other one was starting to go too. Only my youngest sister was lucky enough to get the "works" done as a kid.
They told me for an adult, they could do more, like fix my jaw line/bite, but I didn't have to. If i was a teen they would've for sure. They just did the minimum to get my top teeth right. It hurts at times, like when they tighten the braces, but you learn to live with it quickly. My teeth went into place in about half the time they predicted too.
Oh, awesome! Thank you. I am really considering it. I also am going to check out your TR today as well.

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #23
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Hi Kelli! I think I remember you from my first TR very along time ago lol!! I think you were just planning your first family trip? I see you have taken many trips since then good for you!!

I took a mommy daughter trip for my DD's 6th bday after the twins were born since she was no longer the "baby" and was soo special! I am sure you felt the same way

looking forward to reading along... I love POR!!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #24
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
Hi Kelli! I think I remember you from my first TR very along time ago lol!! I think you were just planning your first family trip? I see you have taken many trips since then good for you!!

I took a mommy daughter trip for my DD's 6th bday after the twins were born since she was no longer the "baby" and was soo special! I am sure you felt the same way

looking forward to reading along... I love POR!!
Hi there! Welcome! That's so nice that you remember me. I am sure I was a total newbie way back then. Thank you for joining along! I bet a trip with just your daughter was very special and you made lots of memories. I looked at your TR in your signature and I remember you as well.

(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #25
Lovemy3babes

*** Oops!

Last edited by Lovemy3babes; 01-15-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #26
Lovemy3babes

Airport, flights and arrival!

Now that we have the introductions out of the way, let’s get going! Our trip began on a Monday. The morning of October 15th, we followed our routine like normal. Our plane wasn’t set to depart until 11:30am so we had some time. I kissed and hugged the three younger kiddos and my husband extra that morning and also gave my husband instructions to get him through the week with hopefully no drama. He only had to get the kids to school the next day (Tuesday) and after that, it was a clear week. The school district gave the kids an extra half day off so no school on Wed, Thurs or Fri that week. Less school for Morghan to miss! Hurray!

So we dropped those rugrats off and waited for my mom to come over. She took the day off from work to take us to the airport. We were driving there in my van and she would bring it back to my house for my husband to use that week. At this point, I was feeling a little nervous and a little more sad about missing my kids. I was stoked to be spending time alone with Morghan but going to Disney without the other three kiddos pulled at my heartstrings a little bit. My husband has no interest so I didn’t feel that bad about leaving him home. He does NOT get it at all. Soon we were off! We made good time to the airport an hour away. I was able to not pay for parking and could bring us all the way to the front door for drop off. My mom started crying a little bit and gave us big hugs goodbye. I told her we could sneak her in my suitcase!

We were flying Delta and checked in with no issue at all. It’s easy flying with a teenager since they are pretty self-sufficient. We used the potty and then made our way to security. The man checking us in had to make sure she was with me. He thought she was much older and couldn’t be my daughter. Or maybe I look like a grown child? Who knows? He smiled and sent us along. Morghan went through the screening and detectors with no issue, of course. And then we have me. I chose the wrong pair of jeans people. My back pockets set something off so I had to have my body hand scanned and my hands wiped down. I was thankfully cleared of being a terrorist by a burly woman who scared me just a little bit. We made it to our gate for a nice little wait. We ran into a gal I know from our hometown who was going to Orlando for a work conference. I definitely was glad our trip was for fun! We walked the airport a bit. Morghan worked on homework a little and I did some work from my laptop as well. We went to watch the planes come and go as well.

The flight was delayed so it seemed to take such a long time to board! I also was a little worried about making our connecting flight in Minneapolis. They made the announcement over and over, asking for volunteers to take a later flight because they were over booked. No way was I doing that! The next flight would not have gotten us into Orlando until 11pm. They offered a future voucher, food/drink tickets and your flight money refunded. Very, very tempting but we just couldn’t do it this time. If I was alone? Maybe.

Finally we boarded and took off with no issue.

The first leg of our flight was super short and we made up time in the air, which was great! We made it to Minneapolis and had two things to accomplish: finding our gate and getting something to eat.

Morghan and I were super amused with those moving walkways. Gosh those are fun! We wondered why the people were walking on the “stand” side and vice versa? Just to be a rebel? Perhaps?

We thankfully found our gate after tons of walking and saw there were TONS of people flying into Orlando. Luckily there was a small pizza joint very close to our gate so we each grabbed a slice and a couple drinks. It wasn’t expensive and the slices were HUGE!

Soon we boarded and were ready to get to Disney!

In-flight wi-fi is great! It allowed me to get completely caught up on my work and Morghan on some schoolwork.

Our flight was about three hours so we also took a little snooze, did some reading and relaxed. We shared one of those little snack boxes, which Morghan was completely thrilled about. We had found out her earbuds had broke so were prepared to buy a pair from Delta. The nice flight attendant gave those to us for free. We sat next to a lady who was going home to Orlando. She was staying with her daughter in MN for a few months, over the summer. It turned out she had to return early because her condo had a water leak and many of her things were destroyed because the leak went undetected. I felt really awful. She must have felt really, really awful because she knocked back a few drinks on the flight. Poor lady!

We finally landed and it’s funny how you can feel the warmth and climate change inside the plane! It’s such an awesome feeling to finally arrive after months and months of planning. We were off to find the fake monorail!

See that there was a good group of people standing around? We heard this insanely loud man yell “NICK”, “NICK” over and over again. It seemed like a college kid or something just being loud. People were giving him looks and probably wishing he would go away. Well, it turned out his son, probably 3, wandered off into that crowd of people. That poor dad! I would have been petrified!

The fake monorail ride was fun! It’s always a nice way to start your Disney trip. Morghan had never ridden since we flew into Sanford on her last trips so she really thought it was cool. I had to check my documents so I could remember how to find Magical Express.

Would I get us totally lost? I seriously am horrible about direction!

Next up! Magical Express, Arrival, Dinner!

(updated 2/20/14)

Last edited by Lovemy3babes; 01-15-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #27
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your trip with your daughter.

Yay for a smooth flight. Can't wait to see if you find Magical Express. That airport is so huge.

So excited to see your room at POR. I have always wanted to stay there.

Can't wait to read more.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #30
Lovemy3babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your trip with your daughter.

Yay for a smooth flight. Can't wait to see if you find Magical Express. That airport is so huge.

So excited to see your room at POR. I have always wanted to stay there.

Can't wait to read more.
I'm glad you are joining me! You are so right, the airport is gigantic! I'm horrible at knowing where to go too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Kelli!! Yay an October TR!! So glad you are writing one! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I hope to get ours back on track (started) soon!
Hey Amy! I'll be reading yours as well when you are ready to roll.

Quote:
It's so exciting to arrive in Orlando!
Yes it is! It feels surreal for a bit.

(updated 2/20/14)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: