Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
ginadv
Mouseketeer

Only one night--help me plan!

Hi All,

My husband has put me on a Disney moratorium and I've got to figure out a way to get a bit of the magic anyway! I booked bounceback for August and will probably have to postpone that trip.

Anyhow, I'm driving with my girls down to Miami over winter break in Feb. to stay with family and have some beach time and figured that a Disney pit stop on our way back north was in order! (Haven't mentioned that to DH yet ).

I booked a room at POR for one night. We're not going to do any parks--can't justify the expense. Here's my plan. I'd LOVE suggestions. I'm trying to maximize the Disney magic during our very short time there!

Day 1--Thursday
Leave Miami around 8 to arrive POR by 11:30. Take any room that is available when we arrive.

Spend the afternoon lounging around the pool. Maybe rent one of those cute surrey bikes. Get some lunch

Around 4 take the bus to MK and boat to Wilderness Lodge for our 5:30 Whispering Canyon ADR

Boat from WL to Contemporary to stroll around for a bit then monorail to Poly for 8pm Wishes on the Poly beach.

Bus from Poly to DTD to walk around and get Mickey rice krispie treats at Goofy's Candy Co.

Boat from DTD back to POR

Maybe head over to the River Roost to listen to Yee Haw Bob for a while. I don't care if the girls are up late--it's only one night!

Day--2 (This is where I'm kind of stuck. We need to get on the road for our overnight near Savannah by 3 or 4 p.m.)

I was thinking of driving over to the Boardwalk for lunch at Beaches and Cream, but fear that the Boardwalk isn't that much fun during the day. We may go over to the French Quarter for breakfast that morning to check it out.

So we need someplace fun for lunch--I'm open to any resort that will send us off feeling the Disney love for our schlep back to New York. Wish Chef Mickey's had a lunch!

TIA all!

July 4th week 2011 Fort Wilderness Cabins, President's week 2012 trip at the Cabins, August 24-30, 2012 Free Dining for our first Pop visit!
August 22-30, 2013 Thank Goodness for Free Dining!

ginadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
ginadv
Mouseketeer

Anyone want to chime in? Open to any and all suggestions!

July 4th week 2011 Fort Wilderness Cabins, President's week 2012 trip at the Cabins, August 24-30, 2012 Free Dining for our first Pop visit!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
cindym
Mouseketeer

I'd go to the CR. That way you can ride the monorail around and see the parks! You could also eat in one of the resorts on the monorail.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

i think you should change your schedule for day one, and do DTD on day two instead. your evening on day 1 looks way too rushed to me, transportation to DTD takes foreeeeever. the you can have as much time as you want at DTD on day 2.

you could also go to AKL and look at the animals. note the fact that there are multiple viewing areas and they all are worth checking out. if you want to save money, i think their CS, mara, is phenomenal and economical for lunch.

edited because i just saw your question at the bottom about lunch. i can tell you that ohana at the poly has an adorable character breakfast with lilo, stitch, mickey, pluto, etc. it is our favorite character meal, actually, and it is the only meal we go to on every single trip. it would definitely give you that disney feel and you'd have the ability to stroll the poly grounds afterwards (which we always do). we usually get the latest reservation we can (11 ish) and call it brunch. it is a TON of food, and all you can eat.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
ginadv
Mouseketeer

I thought about AK for day 2 as I've not yet seen it and have been dying to do so. I also thought about waiting for day 2 for DTD but I thought it would be easier to get to DTD from the Poly after Wishes rather than taking the boat back to the MK for the bus back to POR with all the masses of folks leaving the park after Wishes.

Like the idea of brunch at 'Ohana though we're spending time at the Poly the night before...

The other idea would be to switch our dinner ressies to 1900 Park Fare and do Whispering Canyon for brunch on Day 2...though I thought it would be fun to hang out in the MK resort area for Day 1 and head elsewhere for Day 2.

Oh, the choices! This is really an opportunity to do some stuff we don't normally do during a regular parks trip. Any thoughts on the Boardwalk during the day?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: