Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #586
Aidanself
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
That's ridiculous. Is this a new rule. I had no issues with IPO and the cl cms helping me with getting surprises for my dd
That's what I thought too! I'm going to see what happens if I talk to them face to face once we get there.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #587
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanself View Post
Hello everyone! First, I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my first post regarding the Beach Club IPO. You really helped me out!

I called today and talked to a very nice cast member. I explained how my sister and I would be celebrating our birthdays and we haven't seen one another in a long time. My request was simple - could I get some rice crispy Mickey heads in our room. (Now, mind you, at this point I also had a list of a few other things like choclate bars, and Chip and Dale or Marie pin prepared just in case.)

I was told they could do a card and balloons and for everything else I'd have to call the florist. I confirmed that they could NOT get the other treats, and again was told no, but she then asked me if I was coming with my sister or if we were arriving at different times. We're coming together, so she'll see me pick anything extra up. I'm assuming they would put something I purchased myself in the room, but since we're coming together that's not an option. (I know this makes it sound like I was being snarky, but really we had a nice conversation. That's not how I am.)

So instead of a cute YAY DISNEY BIRTHDAY package, she'll be getting a card and balloons. Don't get me wrong, it will make the trip a little more special, but I thought the IPO was supposed to help with stuff like that. I could have gotten a card and a balloon from the front desk.

Regardless of this little glitch, I'm positive we'll have a wonderful time at the BC!
This surprises me too. I'm tempted to suggest you speak to a different IPO or ask for a supervisor to clarify the policy.
I also thought that if you did have to work with Disney Florist, they would still deliver to your room so you wouldn't have to pick anything up. But I also seem to remember that they might not be able to have things waiting in your room until after you check in? Maybe somebody else will have had an experience they can share. We have had surprises delivered to our room during our trip with the help of the concierge staff at the club such as personalized Santa Mickey hats. They also did something nice for my husband's birthday (not requested) that perhaps they will automatically do for you.

Good luck! You will have a fabulous trip in any case!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #588
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

We ordered chocolate covered strawberries in August via the WL ipo. They were yummy and cheaper then the bday packages you would get through Disney florist.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #589
Aidanself
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadjones View Post
We ordered chocolate covered strawberries in August via the WL ipo. They were yummy and cheaper then the bday packages you would get through Disney florist.
Now THAT sounds yummy!!!! The Disney florist has a lot of nice stuff, but WOWSERS they're expensive!

Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #590
Anonomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
New to club level- is there any reason to contact IPO if we have already planned all of our vacation? Just wondering if there were any benefits we might be missing. Also does it make sense to only use 1 CS and snack (a few TS dinners) and rely on CL food for the rest?
While CL food won't take the place of actual meals (except breakfast), it does make it possible to buy 1 or 2 counter-service meas for the family to split for dinner, rather than going to a table-service restaurant or buying a whole meal for each of us (2 adults, 2 young kids). We tended to eat a QS lunch in whatever park we were in that day.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #591
Aidanself
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
This surprises me too. I'm tempted to suggest you speak to a different IPO or ask for a supervisor to clarify the policy.
I also thought that if you did have to work with Disney Florist, they would still deliver to your room so you wouldn't have to pick anything up. But I also seem to remember that they might not be able to have things waiting in your room until after you check in? Maybe somebody else will have had an experience they can share. We have had surprises delivered to our room during our trip with the help of the concierge staff at the club such as personalized Santa Mickey hats. They also did something nice for my husband's birthday (not requested) that perhaps they will automatically do for you.

I thought about asking for a supervisor. I get that they can't put things in the room unless we're checked in. That makes sense to me. The florist does deliver to the room - or the item ends up in the room - we've done that before as well. Maybe they will do something automatically, which would be very nice. I thought that it MIGHT have been a liability issue.

Thanks!! I'm positive we will!

Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #592
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I do know for certain items it has to be signed for. I had looked at package that included a couple beers for my husband for his birthday & that couldn't be left - it had to be signed for by an adult.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #593
west&east
DIS Veteran

I wonder if the IPO would assist with special cake orders. I know this can be done, here's one website with lots of info:http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to...-cake/#cakefaq

so maybe you can go that route and see if they'll do a rice krispy cake or at least get it ordered ahead of time and delivered to your room while you are there.
Or maybe that's not what you had in mind...?

I'm so frustrated for you! I arrive at BC CL and may make some general inquiries while I'm there and will report back. It is good to know for the future...

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #594
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

They may do nothing for your sister. I thought they would do something for my wedding anniversary and nothing. Not even those celebration cards. Funny how regular stays for celebration s I always got something but not this time staying cl
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #595
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomom

While CL food won't take the place of actual meals (except breakfast), it does make it possible to buy 1 or 2 counter-service meas for the family to split for dinner, rather than going to a table-service restaurant or buying a whole meal for each of us (2 adults, 2 young kids). We tended to eat a QS lunch in whatever park we were in that day.
That sounds about right! We have a split stay but will be at the poly for 5 nights CL no dining. This saves us $500 from our standard room with dining so hopefully that money can be used towards quick meals for four people for basically 4 days. 2 of the days we'll just be at the hotel and as a result will be in the lounge most of the day.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #596
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
I would contact them first, IPO is helpful. Just include your confirmation number & the dates you will be arriving. They can answer any question you have.
I booked through Disney and was told someone would be sending me an email...we arrive 2 weeks from today and haven't gotten an email yet but just upgraded to the CL last Friday. Should I go ahead and contact them or be patient?

I've already done all my dining reservations but want to see about an early check-in and about possibly adding the sunrise safari and wanted to confirm time/dates. From what I read though the morning safari won't fit in with our schedule but I wanted to check.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #597
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I booked through Disney and was told someone would be sending me an email...we arrive 2 weeks from today and haven't gotten an email yet but just upgraded to the CL last Friday. Should I go ahead and contact them or be patient?

I've already done all my dining reservations but want to see about an early check-in and about possibly adding the sunrise safari and wanted to confirm time/dates. From what I read though the morning safari won't fit in with our schedule but I wanted to check.
I would just email them. I always make first contact.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #598
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post

If you are staying AKL CL I would strongly recommend you adjust your schedule so you can do the Sunrise Safari! It is amazing. Definitely contact them in any case!

Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #599
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I would just email them. I always make first contact.
Quote:
If you are staying AKL CL I would strongly recommend you adjust your schedule so you can do the Sunrise Safari! It is amazing. Definitely contact them in any case!
Thanks for the advice!

I wish the safari was offered more than just Thursday and Sunday...I'm hoping the information I read was old but I'm guessing that's just wishful thinking. I may try to make it work anyway though! We don't have hoppers so it'd take switching our Epcot day and our AK day. The only problem is rescheduling LeCellier...we shall see what I can make happen!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #600
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanself View Post
Now THAT sounds yummy!!!! The Disney florist has a lot of nice stuff, but WOWSERS they're expensive!
I was just looking at florist packages a few days ago, and they had one that included Rice Krispie treats. I didn't call, but ti looked like you could customize the package.

Remember not all CM's are the same. Sometimes you get a new person - especially over the phone. I think sometimes you might even get routed to regualr reservations line, but dont quote me on that. I know lots of tiem when you call around WDW, you can get routed to reservations.

Also, I haven't tried to order the strawberries (or similar items) in a few years, so maybe things have changed, but the last time I did, they came from the resort itself. It was along the lines of ordering room service. Yes, it was pricey: you pay cost of item, delivery fee, and I think they tacked on a gratuity as well. (again that was a few years ago).

Disney seems to be in the process of big changes. If you look on the new website, it really seems like they are trying to upsell all kinds of extras to guests. It's entirely possible they have changed the process in anticipation of greater volume of requests. (hope that makes sense).
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: