Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #16
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

In OKW last week we went to make up the two pull down beds. After hunting everywhere we found one sheet, it was dirty. Phoned housekeeping. Took 3 phone calls and 2 hours before someone arrived with clean sheets.

I wish I had spoken to housekeeping management as it was very late and I was just thankful that my children weren't young and didn't need to get to bed.
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #17
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecshawn View Post
Look ont he bright side.........urine is sterile.
No it's not. That's a myth.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Sterile or not, I don't know anyone who'd want to sleep on a stranger's pee. Or anyone's for that matter.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #19
Mamalisa58
Mouseketeer

After sleeping with a dead bug in a Chicago hotel bed, it has been my rule to pull down all the linens before anyone gets into a bed. I also NEVER use the spread. I always pull it off fold it and place it in a corner of the room. I don't ever let the blanks touch my skin only the sheets. CRAZY but I sleep well!

1994 Poly 1995 WL 1999 Grand Floridian 2000 Sports
2001 Sports 2002 Music 2003 Beach Club 2004 Pop
2005 POFQ 2006 Music 2007 Pop 2008 Pop & CBR
2009 Cancelled lost my job 2010 Resort only CBR
2011 Still unemployed 99 weeks & done

10/11 Temp @ Quicken Loans
Mamalisa58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #20
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I just want to say I really don't have a problem with mouse keeping in general. I've not noticed any issues anywhere else. I know thy don't clean those spreads, and don't usually use them, but the fact that he urine was lying against my sheets (that I pulled up to my face area) grossed me out.
My issue was the lack of response by housekeeping (of course it was nearly midnight). But it took 4 calls and a march to the front desk to get the bed remade.
When they did call, try were very nice and very apologetic. I was just exhausted and we have an early day today.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #21
caper4
Earning My Ears

YUCK....you are correct, the covers are not washed every time a new guest checks into the room. I push them down to the bottom of the bed, so they don't touch me. As we just got back from Disney and we drove 3 days to get there, we stayed a few hotels along the way. We don't use the glasses either except when they come sealed individually. Yes, one hotel HIE I think it was had plastic glasses that were sealed one to a pkg...I used those for sure. Getting back to the mouse keeping issues, I'm afraid our trip last year and this year we had some issues. Last year it was a very dusty room and we are talking killer dust bunnies. This year, the shower did not get wiped down the whole 14 days we were there but the biggest issue was the condensation on the windows. Which ran down to the window sill, then down the wall onto the carpet. The carpet was soaked and you could see black mold around the edges where the wall met the carpet.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #22
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info I arrive at CR on the 21st and I will definitely be checking the linens
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
No it's not. That's a myth.
Not a myth. Urine is sterile if taken directly from the bladder. Unfortunately, the stuff on the OP's bedspread had to pass through the body before it got there, making it definitely not sterile and generally really gross.

When we arrive in any hotel, the beadspreads come off the beds and are never touched again. I don't care if they are covered in a thin sheet; they are still disgusting. We also travel with our own blankets so something clean is up by our faces!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #24
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

Yes comforters/blankets are generally NOT washed between guests. I worked as a house keeper (not at Disney) for 3 years and generally comforters were only washed twice per year or if there was an obvious spot on it. This is why whenever we stay at a hotel I being our blankets from home.
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
The Wise One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #25
Megsie1000
Mouseketeer

They should do away with the covers. When we stayed at the Beach Club we had the duvets with the sheets over them. I liked that a lot better than the nasty covers at POP. Liked POP but did not like the covers. Same at POFQ.
Megsie1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #26
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

My family thinks I'm nuts but I take my own sheets & blankets & yes, pillows & cases too.

First thing I do when I enter the hotel room is check the beds for bed bugs. If it's ok (and luckily it always has been) I take off the bedspread/comforter and leave it on a chair then put on my sheets & blankets.

OP, I'm curious as to what happened. Did the housekeeping manager come to speak to you? How long did it take for you to receive a new bedspread? I'm sorry this happened to you, it's so gross!

For those who have commented that you don't think housekeeping at WDW has gone down because all your rooms have been ok, count yourselves lucky you have been blessed with clean rooms. Some of us haven't been so lucky. Even multiple times at different resorts. I don't personally think it's totaly gone down but, I do think (from experience) dirty rooms are occuring more often.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #27
Desnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megsie1000 View Post
They should do away with the covers. When we stayed at the Beach Club we had the duvets with the sheets over them. I liked that a lot better than the nasty covers at POP. Liked POP but did not like the covers. Same at POFQ.
From what I was told by a housekeeping manager at WDW going forward, when a textile refurb is done, they will not be using the duvet with sheets over them. It's become too combersome to clean & change out. They will be doing the triple sheets with blanket in between.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #28
FancyNancy
Princess

Finding bodily fluid like that on any bedding is really gross. If they are not going to change the covers they should at least be checking to make sure that there are not stains like that and if there are removing the cover and replacing it with a new one should be the procedure!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
disadventurer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
From what I was told by a housekeeping manager at WDW going forward, when a textile refurb is done, they will not be using the duvet with sheets over them. It's become too combersome to clean & change out. They will be doing the triple sheets with blanket in between.
Just stayed at CSR. Had the sheets with the blanket in them. It was cold over Christmas and we froze one night. Called Housekeeping and they brought us the duvets for the beds. Made all the difference.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #30
Desnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by disadventurer View Post
Just stayed at CSR. Had the sheets with the blanket in them. It was cold over Christmas and we froze one night. Called Housekeeping and they brought us the duvets for the beds. Made all the difference.
Funny you mention this cause when the housekeeping manager told me about this I said to her, those aren't warm enough! This is another reason why I'm glad I bring my own blankets! Some nights got down to 30 when we were there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: