Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #571
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Hello! My family and I have upgraded to BC Deluxe Room CL! We are so excited. I was reading the first page and noticed it stated that if you booked through a travel agent you would have to contact IPO yourself to let them know you are coming. We booked through AAA so I was wondering if that means I have to contact IPO? This is our first time staying CL. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #572
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Hello! My family and I have upgraded to BC Deluxe Room CL! We are so excited. I was reading the first page and noticed it stated that if you booked through a travel agent you would have to contact IPO yourself to let them know you are coming. We booked through AAA so I was wondering if that means I have to contact IPO? This is our first time staying CL. Thanks!
I would contact them first, IPO is helpful. Just include your confirmation number & the dates you will be arriving. They can answer any question you have.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #573
The Marsons
Port Orleans Crazy!

Hi all,

I just wondered would it be the IPO that you would send your room request to or would it be the main resort fax?

thanks!
October 2008 - POR
February 2011 - GF
August 2011 - AKL, AKL CL, POR

Old 01-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #574
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marsons View Post
Hi all,

I just wondered would it be the IPO that you would send your room request to or would it be the main resort fax?

thanks!
The preferred way to make a request is through CRO, but IPO can take those requests as well.

The resorts, with the exception of the Port Orleans resorts, don't take faxed requests anymore.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #575
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

What toiletries do you get at the Beach Club as a concierge guest?
Old 01-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #576
The Marsons
Port Orleans Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

The preferred way to make a request is through CRO, but IPO can take those requests as well.

The resorts, with the exception of the Port Orleans resorts, don't take faxed requests anymore.
Thanks for that!!
October 2008 - POR
February 2011 - GF
August 2011 - AKL, AKL CL, POR

Old 01-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #577
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
I would contact them first, IPO is helpful. Just include your confirmation number & the dates you will be arriving. They can answer any question you have.
Great. Thanks. I'll try contacting them.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #578
Karebear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
I would like to know this as well

Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #579
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

New to club level- is there any reason to contact IPO if we have already planned all of our vacation? Just wondering if there were any benefits we might be missing. Also does it make sense to only use 1 CS and snack (a few TS dinners) and rely on CL food for the rest?

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 01-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #580
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Pretty much the same as a regular room. I think lotion & solar gel are the only extras you get. Years ago they had things like a toothbrush, shower cap etc, but not anymore.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #581
focusondisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyfor4 View Post
New to club level- is there any reason to contact IPO if we have already planned all of our vacation? Just wondering if there were any benefits we might be missing. Also does it make sense to only use 1 CS and snack (a few TS dinners) and rely on CL food for the rest?
You can definately use the lounge for breakfast. Afternoon is only a few snacks, nothing that would make a meal, except for some peanut butter & jelly. If you have a big lunch, you might be OK with the evening appetizers, if you think a few bite sized meats, some cheese, crackers & fresh veggies is enough to fill you. Of course, a few hours later, you can get some small deserts too. I think it might work some nights but not others. You may not even like all the evening offerings. Personally, I don't plan on the lounge replacing dinner.

As for contacting IPO, it's good to let them know about what time you'll be arriving at least. They do try to have a room ready if they can.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #582
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

I told ipo when I was arriving and still had to wait until almost three for my room.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #583
focusondisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
I told ipo when I was arriving and still had to wait until almost three for my room.
Of course there is no guarantee your room will be ready if you arrive before official check in. Especially if you are traveling at a busy time of year. But if they know when you're arriving, they will try to get you in a room ASAP.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #584
Aidanself
Earning My Ears

IPO Adventures - take 2

Hello everyone! First, I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my first post regarding the Beach Club IPO. You really helped me out!

I called today and talked to a very nice cast member. I explained how my sister and I would be celebrating our birthdays and we haven't seen one another in a long time. My request was simple - could I get some rice crispy Mickey heads in our room. (Now, mind you, at this point I also had a list of a few other things like choclate bars, and Chip and Dale or Marie pin prepared just in case.)

I was told they could do a card and balloons and for everything else I'd have to call the florist. I confirmed that they could NOT get the other treats, and again was told no, but she then asked me if I was coming with my sister or if we were arriving at different times. We're coming together, so she'll see me pick anything extra up. I'm assuming they would put something I purchased myself in the room, but since we're coming together that's not an option. (I know this makes it sound like I was being snarky, but really we had a nice conversation. That's not how I am.)

So instead of a cute YAY DISNEY BIRTHDAY package, she'll be getting a card and balloons. Don't get me wrong, it will make the trip a little more special, but I thought the IPO was supposed to help with stuff like that. I could have gotten a card and a balloon from the front desk.

Regardless of this little glitch, I'm positive we'll have a wonderful time at the BC!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #585
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidanself
Hello everyone! First, I'd like to thank everyone who commented on my first post regarding the Beach Club IPO. You really helped me out!

I called today and talked to a very nice cast member. I explained how my sister and I would be celebrating our birthdays and we haven't seen one another in a long time. My request was simple - could I get some rice crispy Mickey heads in our room. (Now, mind you, at this point I also had a list of a few other things like choclate bars, and Chip and Dale or Marie pin prepared just in case.)

I was told they could do a card and balloons and for everything else I'd have to call the florist. I confirmed that they could NOT get the other treats, and again was told no, but she then asked me if I was coming with my sister or if we were arriving at different times. We're coming together, so she'll see me pick anything extra up. I'm assuming they would put something I purchased myself in the room, but since we're coming together that's not an option. (I know this makes it sound like I was being snarky, but really we had a nice conversation. That's not how I am.)

So instead of a cute YAY DISNEY BIRTHDAY package, she'll be getting a card and balloons. Don't get me wrong, it will make the trip a little more special, but I thought the IPO was supposed to help with stuff like that. I could have gotten a card and a balloon from the front desk.

Regardless of this little glitch, I'm positive we'll have a wonderful time at the BC!
That's ridiculous. Is this a new rule. I had no issues with IPO and the cl cms helping me with getting surprises for my dd
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: