Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #286
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
You can add me to your list. Just started planning my trip nov. 9-16 to celebrate my mothers 70th b-day not sure weather to stay at POFQ or POR. Since my mother needs a scooter, which is the best as far as transportation goes? Hoping for FD since it looks like you might need to be staying at the moderate/deluxe resorts
Welcome! I'll get you added to the first post. I've never stayed at POFQ, but there is a great website portorleans.org and there's a Port Orleans thread on the Resorts page. You can ask that question there and get great answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclairesmom View Post
Hi, I'm kicking around specific dates, but was thinking of Nov 27-Dec 4th. We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach. I think we'll arive though on Nov 26 and stay offsite for one night. Does anyone know why Disney doesn't have MVMCP during Thanksgiving week?
Just let me know once you solidify things! As for the MVMCP, I'm not sure. Maybe because of the crowds? Although it's a hard ticket event, so it's not like that's not controllable. I'll have to look back at some historical data.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #287
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
You can add me to your list. Just started planning my trip nov. 9-16 to celebrate my mothers 70th b-day not sure weather to stay at POFQ or POR. Since my mother needs a scooter, which is the best as far as transportation goes? Hoping for FD since it looks like you might need to be staying at the moderate/deluxe resorts
I would vote for POFQ. We stayed there 2 yrs ago during Nov. and sometimes shared a bus w/POR, but POFQ was always the 1st pick up which would guarantee that you and your mother would always be able to get on w/her scooter. A nice compact layout and imo quieter. The hot tub is also kind of secluded away from the pool. And I second looking at port orleans.org. Lots of excellent info. If you choose POR, I would recommend paying the extra for a preferred room because some of the rooms are very far from the lobby/food court/restaurant area! Have fun!!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #288
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

We booked for November 23 through the 29th. A little nervous, first time going with a large group, used to just the five of us. One family member traveling has already said how much he can't stand crowds...it'll be fine and fun, we're going to be in Disney, right?
DonaldnDaisy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #289
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Thanks for the info. I will look into the POFQ. As far as the walking goes, since my mother will have the scooter I don't think she will complain about the walk. But for me and my son I guess we could use this as a way to work off all the food we will be eating
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #290
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5
We booked for November 23 through the 29th. A little nervous, first time going with a large group, used to just the five of us. One family member traveling has already said how much he can't stand crowds...it'll be fine and fun, we're going to be in Disney, right?
Congrats and give the one member a Disney guide book so he can learn about it. Rope drop will be your best friend.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #291
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So many wonderful celebrations! I prefer the grounds at POR. We stayed at POFQ, and I wasn't that crazy about it. We also love CBR though, and that is considered the worst moderate because of the size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post
We usually go with a large group. I enjoy it that way. Just be sure not to plan touring together continuously. That gets very difficult with a large group, being it is unlikely you will all have the same interests.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #292
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

Add me in on the fun! Kristin here- traveling with DH- Steve and our two kids Sophja who when we arrive will be 11 and our new baby Lucy who will be 11 months on her first trip. We have yet to nail down the dates or resort. But it will be somewhere between 11/10 and 11/23 . We definitely want to stay on site. MK area would be ideal but Art of Animation looks very cool, DH wants Polynesian (he hasn't been since he was about 10 and that's where they stayed).

I would love to be added to the Facebook group if I can!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:11 AM   #293
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd View Post
Add me in on the fun! Kristin here- traveling with DH- Steve and our two kids Sophja who when we arrive will be 11 and our new baby Lucy who will be 11 months on her first trip. We have yet to nail down the dates or resort. But it will be somewhere between 11/10 and 11/23 . We definitely want to stay on site. MK area would be ideal but Art of Animation looks very cool, DH wants Polynesian (he hasn't been since he was about 10 and that's where they stayed).

Welcome aboard! Just let us know once you nail down your date and resort. I would love to stay at the Poly, but it doesn't fit my budget. lol

I see you are from Conway....I grea up in Kingston (near the Mass. border) and my dad and & grandfather helped build Seabrook (that's why we moved up there - they built the local plant here, too).

Old 01-14-2013, 05:23 AM   #294
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd

Send me a pm and we can add you to the fb
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #295
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Welcome Kristen!!!!!
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #296
pokanos
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd View Post

Hi Kristin, I've heard the Poly is really great! My name is Christine. We have only stayed at moderates so far and are planning to stay at Coronado Springs this trip. Mostly because of the pool for dd(10) and the hammocks for me(42), lol!! Maybe we can chat on FB about having girls 10 yrs apart as we will be adopting our dd's biological sister when she is born in May! We have a busy 10 months to get through before our trip!
pokanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #297
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokanos View Post
Maybe we can chat on FB about having girls 10 yrs apart as we will be adopting our dd's biological sister when she is born in May! We have a busy 10 months to get through before our trip!
My oldest girl and youngest girl are ten years apart
Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #298
Pills
Mouseketeer

We'll be there in November. The dates and hotel are TBD.

We're saving money by not hiring a maid and cleaning the house ourselves. We put money in a WDW account every week. At least, this is how it started - Sandy screwed us up, and we hadn't restarted. I did move a chunk of money into the account, though, so we are about where we should be.

With the three day weekend coming up, I think it's time to re-start.

The hotel and dates are TBD because it depends on how much money we save, AND if there's free dining (likely). Saved money also goes to spending money. We're likely to want to stay in CSR because we liked it so much last time, so more money could be an extra day. Our goal is a solid week.

11/13 - POFQ
Pills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #299
binab
Mouseketeer

Please add us to the list. We'll be coming with my BFF and her family. They are first-timers; hope I don't overwhelm them. We're staying at Boardwalk Villas from the 2nd - 9th and then since school is out on the 11th, DD and I will be staying another couple nights at AoA.

Happy planning, all!
Mar. 2012 - HarryPotterWorld followed by the DCL Dream (10th cruise, but first time on DCL)
Nov. 2010 - POP
Aug. 2009 - BCV
1987 - Offsite
and Disneyland too many times to count.
binab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #300
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Welcome Pills and binab!!!

I've added you to the first post. Keep us updated on your plans.

Tags
november 2013, november vacation, trip thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: