Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

BWI or AKL - 4 day trip

Trying to decide between BWI (standard view) or AKL (Savannah view) for a 4 day trip. Never stayed at BWI, but have been to AKL and LOVE IT.

I'd say at this point AKL is our favorite hotel in terms of atmosphere and dining options.

But, we also spend a lot of time in Epcot (especially for snacking/meals), and I feel like for a short, 4 day trip, we should be some place that is closer to the parks (like BWI).

The price difference is relatively minimal (AKL Savannah view is about $200 more in total for the duration of our stay). AKL standard view would actually be the cheapest deluxe option for us ($200 less than BWI - $400 less than Savannah view), but I feel like I'd be so disappointed to be at AKL and not see the animals outside our window.

We would likely have a car, so theoretically getting to the parks is going to be simple for us because we will have the additional freedom of our own car. But, there is something very appealing about just taking a boat or walking to two of the four parks (from BWI). We stayed at BC on a prior trip, and loved how easy it was to get to World Showcase.

Just looking for some thoughts -- feeling really indecisive.
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal kingdom lodge, boardwalk inn

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: