Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #571
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,129

WBC looks beautiful, but how on earth do you know which building to request? My sister has me checking into this resort, but it is so big it is a bit overwhelming. We would need a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. I have one niece who loves pool slides, and one who would love the mini golf. And while we would have a car, we would probably split up at some point, so being close to a bus stop would be good too. Where do you start looking to figure out what building would be best?
maxiesmom is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #572
NHDisneyFan
Mouseketeer
 
NHDisneyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
WBC looks beautiful, but how on earth do you know which building to request? My sister has me checking into this resort, but it is so big it is a bit overwhelming. We would need a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. I have one niece who loves pool slides, and one who would love the mini golf. And while we would have a car, we would probably split up at some point, so being close to a bus stop would be good too. Where do you start looking to figure out what building would be best?
The walking path around the lake makes any pool or activity a very short walk from any other building. Don't stress it.
__________________
ASMu 2/98
WL (Honeymoon) 6/00
POP 3/04
WBC 2/11 and 2/13
POR 2/14
NHDisneyFan is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #573
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer
 
SYDCOLEMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
WBC looks beautiful, but how on earth do you know which building to request? My sister has me checking into this resort, but it is so big it is a bit overwhelming. We would need a 2 or 3 bedroom unit. I have one niece who loves pool slides, and one who would love the mini golf. And while we would have a car, we would probably split up at some point, so being close to a bus stop would be good too. Where do you start looking to figure out what building would be best?
It really doesnt matter what building you request. They rarely give request a second glance. We have never gotten anything close to our request and the check in desk has told us numerous times that they can not take requests. I have heard people that have gotten their building they hoped for but I think it was more of a fluke than actually having their request granted. But the path around the lake makes getting any place on property very fast. you wont be disappointed no matter what building you get. Its mere minutes walk to any pool and/or bus stop. You will Love it !!
SYDCOLEMOM is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #574
manhattanman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDCOLEMOM View Post
It really doesnt matter what building you request. They rarely give request a second glance. We have never gotten anything close to our request and the check in desk has told us numerous times that they can not take requests. I have heard people that have gotten their building they hoped for but I think it was more of a fluke than actually having their request granted. But the path around the lake makes getting any place on property very fast. you wont be disappointed no matter what building you get. Its mere minutes walk to any pool and/or bus stop. You will Love it !!
In my best Seinfeld voice " Anyone can TAKE requests, its the filling of requests that is the hard part".

I just spoke to the front desk yesterday and requested a specific tower/direction The agent was happy to note this request on my reservation. I told them I understood is was based on availability. I cant see why they would not grant someone's request if they could. My guess is that the earlier you check in, the more likely your request will be honored.
manhattanman is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #575
dcessford
Mouseketeer
 
dcessford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova Scotia,Canada
Posts: 97

Just looking for some info from ppl whom have booked this resort through Vacation Stratagy.I just asked for a quote and got a good price.I am not ready to book yet and was wondering from others experience if the price will change in 3-4 months by much. I got a quote for $981 for a 2 bedroom deluxe for 11 nights from Dec 15th through the 26th and wondering when I am thinking of booking in 3-4 months if that will change by much.

thanks
dcessford is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #576
carolynl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
How do you get free upgrades? I've never booked with BC, thinking about it. Thx!
the company we used just called and asked if we wanted the upgrade for free. So we have booked 7 nights in a 2 bedroom presidential for $549 taxes in.
carolynl is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #577
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcessford View Post
Just looking for some info from ppl whom have booked this resort through Vacation Stratagy.I just asked for a quote and got a good price.I am not ready to book yet and was wondering from others experience if the price will change in 3-4 months by much. I got a quote for $981 for a 2 bedroom deluxe for 11 nights from Dec 15th through the 26th and wondering when I am thinking of booking in 3-4 months if that will change by much.

thanks
I don't know if the price will change, but that's a really good price, especially for the Christmas holidays. I am paying $896.00 for a one bedroom deluxe for ten nights in May (which is not even a busy time). Per night you are paying a few cents less than me for a bigger unit ($89.18 vs the $89.60 I'm paying/night). If you know you are definitely going I would jump on that price. I can't see 2 bedrooms lasting long for that price during Christmas.

There was a lady on here about a month ago, who posted an undeserved bad review of Vacation Strategies. Apparently she had requested a quote, then changed her mind and requested a couple more quotes for different units or dates. When she finally made her mind up and sent them a deposit for the original quote, the unit was no longer available, so they had to refund the deposit right back to her. She was very angry that they had not held the original unit for her, until she made her mind up. However, when they sent my quote there was a comment in there saying something about inventory is limited and constantly changing. I was satisfied with the quote, so wasn't taking a chance of losing it.

Last edited by aubriee; 01-12-2013 at 01:23 AM.
aubriee is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #578
lolobug
DIS Veteran
 
lolobug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 631

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcessford
Just looking for some info from ppl whom have booked this resort through Vacation Stratagy.I just asked for a quote and got a good price.I am not ready to book yet and was wondering from others experience if the price will change in 3-4 months by much. I got a quote for $981 for a 2 bedroom deluxe for 11 nights from Dec 15th through the 26th and wondering when I am thinking of booking in 3-4 months if that will change by much.

thanks
I don't know much at all but I was quoted $1066 for a single room in jan. for 10 nights... You got a great deal!
lolobug is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #579
alootikki3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4

I just got a quote of $1525 for 6 nights in either a 2 bedroom presidential or 3 bedroom deluxe for the first week in April 2013- so about $250 a night. This sounds quite a bit higher than what others have been talking about! Is this a good deal? I suppose it could go down 60 days out, but there's no guarantee...would love experienced thoughts on this!

Last edited by alootikki3; 01-11-2013 at 12:01 PM.
alootikki3 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #580
Dawgfan81
Earning My Ears
 
Dawgfan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynl View Post
the company we used just called and asked if we wanted the upgrade for free. So we have booked 7 nights in a 2 bedroom presidential for $549 taxes in.
Do you mind PM'ing me where you booked? Cause that's one heck of a deal!
Dawgfan81 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #581
Bribrittmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canton,Ohio
Posts: 516

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We just booked a last minute ressie for a 2 bedroom 1/20-1/25/13 for $595 all taxes and fees included. I was very pleased. Got a confirmation receipt very quickly.
Bribrittmom is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #582
GinCar
DIS Veteran
 
GinCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: RMNP, CO
Posts: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by alootikki3 View Post
I just got a quote of $1525 for 6 nights in either a 2 bedroom presidential or 3 bedroom deluxe for the first week in April 2013- so about $250 a night. This sounds quite a bit higher than what others have been talking about! Is this a good deal? I suppose it could go down 60 days out, but there's no guarantee...would love experienced thoughts on this!
I think this is correct for April. I booked with Vacation Strategy, 7 nights in April, 2 bedroom Presidential, $1500.00.

It is all based on time of the year. April is our Spring Break, so I am stuck with our dates.
__________________
2003 All-Star Movies, 2005 Pop, 2006 Contemporary,
2007 W L, 2008 Port Orleans R, 2009 Contemporary
2010 HoJo's Disneyland, 2010 Grand Floridian
2011 Dolphin, 2011 POFQ, 2012 Beach Club
2013 February,Pre-Cruise- Polynesian, Fantasy
2013 Spring Break WBC; August- Pop, Contemporary
2014 Feb-BWI, April-FANTASY Cruising
GinCar is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #583
staceywj
Mouseketeer
 
staceywj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 181

July or Aug - when is it the cheapest???

I want to go back just to spend more time at the hotel. Does anyone know how much rates are for July or Aug? I am a teacher so I have the whole summer avail and would love to know the two most inexpensive weeks.

We stayed in Tower 2 in Nov and loved that it was so close to the bus stop. Def a plus for us when we are carrying sleeping kiddies.
staceywj is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #584
naturegrl36
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5

We have a reservation at chef mickey's on day we are there. Does the WBC shuttle stop at the contemporary resport? Or will that be a day we should drive?
naturegrl36 is offline  
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #585
SYDCOLEMOM
Mouseketeer
 
SYDCOLEMOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegrl36 View Post
We have a reservation at chef mickey's on day we are there. Does the WBC shuttle stop at the contemporary resport? Or will that be a day we should drive?
No, WBC shuttles run to the 4 parks only. You would need to take a shuttle to Magic Kingdom and take the Monorail over to the Contemporary resort.
SYDCOLEMOM is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.