Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
Momofone92
Mouseketeer

Cannot decide

I am driving myself nuts I am dying to go back to Disney ASAP. So far we have stayed at AKL pool view, AKL Savannah view, POR Royal room pool view and WL.

I am thinking of end of May I can go. If I had money to burn I would 100% love to stay Poly. I can't afford it. The trip is for myself and my 9 year old. We generally like to spend the day hanging at pool in the heat and go to a park later. I know others don't like it but we love resort time. Obviously with WL and AKL this has not been an issue.

I find AofA to be so tempting. I am worried I will hate it though. I did not like POR. I do like everything close. My daughters fav hands down was WL.

Here are my choices I considering;,

Beach club con- way pricey
Boardwalk
Art of animation con distance to everything
Carribean beach preferred room

Honestly my budget would work best with second two. Will I like them? Thoughts I think Cornado pool looks amazing but the size makes it a no.
Momofone92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #2
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

If you like spending time at hotel & in the pool I'd totally go with EPCOT area hotel as there's fun stuff to do there without being in park including walking the Boardwalk or going out on Crescent Lake in a ski racer or watch a movie on the beach in the evening while roasting marshmallows or watching EPCOTS fireworks from the pool!! My personal fav would be BC then YC as Stormalong Bay is awesome, it's a mini water park in itself! You can get a drink at Hurricane Hanna & just float in lazy river. It's so nice to walk over to the Boardwalk for a meal or pop over into international gateway for a meal & head back to hotel to relax. There's so many dining options by being in EPCOT area vs the stand alone hotels. I hate the buses! So having boat access to Hollywood Studios or EPCOT (which is super close to just walk) is awesome. I hope that you have a great trip!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

If money is an issue, why not stay offsite? You'll save a fortune and could probably roll those funds into another Disney trip.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: