Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #1291
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Megan, love the pics and want to see more! I wanna see the front of the dress too!

Lisa, just read it. WOW. I hope you are recovering. It's a bit scary b/c Savannah & I are headed down in 22 days...I hope I don't get the perfect storm too!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #1292
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ha! I ran across that picture I posted here a year ago in my goddess shirt and had Rey take another of me in the same shirt today (after running, so again, excuse the unkept look!). I WISH I hadn't cut off the bottom of the shirt in the first pic b/c the shirt was FITTED around my hip area and now it is CRAZYBAGGY! It's really fun to have the shirt really loose now when it was fitted before.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #1293
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Ha! I ran across that picture I posted here a year ago in my goddess shirt and had Rey take another of me in the same shirt today (after running, so again, excuse the unkept look!). I WISH I hadn't cut off the bottom of the shirt in the first pic b/c the shirt was FITTED around my hip area and now it is CRAZYBAGGY! It's really fun to have the shirt really loose now when it was fitted before.

WOW!!!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #1294
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Megan, love the pics and want to see more! I wanna see the front of the dress too!

Lisa, just read it. WOW. I hope you are recovering. It's a bit scary b/c Savannah & I are headed down in 22 days...I hope I don't get the perfect storm too!
You won't Karen. 70% of the issues are due to online booking coming to DVC. We have ability to add on days and but then they become separate reservations. The IT system hasn't figured out how to simply add them to the same reservation #. And WDW can't deal with all the nonsense this adds - yet. And most DVCers just phone in or make one reservation that they never add on to or change - so zero issues - so a lot of DVCers as you can see from my TR - have no idea what the issue is anyway because they are not doing high demand stays (NYE etc). You will have a wonderful time. I'm so excited for you!

And Karen - I will talk to you about the camera over there. I'm just wiped today. So if you don't come back over I'll just alert you here. Thank you!

Megan - I need to take the time to take in all the pictures. I will.

Quote:

FLIPPINFANTASTIC Karen. Good for you. You look fabulous.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #1296
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post

My niece and I waiting for the wedding to begin.

My brother and I after the wedding. Just seeing pictures of us together makes me so happy. I adore my brother. (This is also the only picture where you can see my scar on the back of my leg. I know no one would probably notice it but me.)

First, the one with your niece is so precious Megan. Look at her LOOK at you! Lovely.

The with your brother made me laugh. I'm taking in where you're looking out over and realized that I often see this area PACKED. Like packed PACKED and I clued in.

And then I laughed about your brother. He's cute Megan. I know "what are you talking about Lisa?". From behind?

Someone - your Mom - could totally *feel* our impatience with you around wedding photos and posted a family shot. He's cute. And young so I'll shut up.

Skinny Karen!

Thanks, I will get to it soon.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #1297
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Goddesses, you're running this year, right? Pretty pretty please post all about it, I need that last push to commit to training this year for next year's Princess. It's been too many years of me wanting to do it and too many injuries and that makes me hesitate b/c I don't want to fail again, but I really think if I train slow so I don't injure myself, I can do it next year. If I do it in 2014, I will still be 40, so I'll still be reaching that goal I set for myself a couple years ago when I started dreaming of doing a half.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #1298
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Karen -we are going! Finalizing the shirts now. AND we have a Team Goddess hoodie!!! Do you ladies want to see? Of course if you want one we will order it for you!

You look fantastic in the shirt! Fab difference. you should be proud.

Slow and steady is the only way to train, and to lose. Best way!

Megan - love the pics. :-) Your dress is a beautiful color!

Lisa - read your TR. shaking my head. You need a vacation after that!

Kelly, any update on your mom? Are they staging it yet? Any details you feel like sharing?

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #1299
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl

Kelly, any update on your mom? Are they staging it yet? Any details you feel like sharing?
Hi all!

Liz - no staging yet. Apparently, because the type if cancer she has is 'localised', if they caught it early enough the mastectomy should be all the treatment she needs. However, we won't know if it was caught early enough until she gets her results next week (23rd January).

She still has a chest drain in, which is still driving her mad! And, her dressing came off yesterday, which was both a happy and sad time in a weird way. Happy because it could mean she's cancer free, sad for what she has lost and what may be to come.

One day at a time, right!

I have been reading along, and I WILL post later with things that aren't all about me!

Hope you are all having a great day.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #1300
SeptemberGirl

I WANT you to post about things that are you. All you! You could tell me your day from start to finish and I would be happy. Never enough details!

I am so glad that your mom is NOT staged and that she is healing well. Keep me updated, okay? I know that drain is a pita. But it will come out soon! I think about your mom all the time.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #1301
SeptemberGirl

I am going to try to link the hoodies we made! In case you ladies want one. :-)

http://www.customink.com/designs/tea...txt-_-prehead1

Here is the sizing info in case you want to check it out:

http://www.customink.com/styles/gild...-hoodie/119700

We made it in our team colors! And you do not have to race with us to wear it!!! We are all Team Goddess!

Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #1302
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Hi guys,

Just a head's up I've asked a moderator to delete my TR.

It's simply depressing me to write about it in general. Even to look at it on there. (Plus to me honest DVC has us putting it in a new section - used to be DVC Mousellaneous where there is/was always a lot of traffic - some have tons of interaction because they used to write from the TRIP REPORT section on the DIS - so they have people coming over to DVC - and because they're fabulous TR writers! - so next time I'll simply post on the regular trip reports as it sucks not to have company like before). I'm sure everything at home is just adding to my feelings writing it.

And I'll post some of my pictures on facebook or on this thread - I have some lovely shots of Nathan, Annie and the kids. So that I will do!

So thanks for the company but I thought a positive spin would ease my frustration - it only adds to it to write it.

And Karen - I will get to camera thoughts and questions soon.
Be back soon to catch up.

Will catch up but just want to say Kelly - much love to you and your mom. And very proud of you with the quitting a la facebook quotes.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 01-17-2013 at 05:33 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #1303
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Sorry it was depressing you Lisa, I understand! Yes pretty please post more pics though, you have a fantastic eye and I loved seeing WDW through your lens!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #1304
SeptemberGirl

I get that, Lisa!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #1305
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Nancy!

First I'm so sorry about the first part. When you write anything difficult or stressful - well I know it's really difficult - because you're not me with your words and such. I'm so sorry. Especially about the deaths.

And I don't think I've missed you but have a wonderful time at WDW. Enjoy your time together and I hope he has a great race!
Thank you Lisa Life has it's challenges, and right now we're dealing with a doozy! I apologize for being cryptic, but I know you understand the need to keep sensitive issues private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
I'm going to share the few positives that came from the month
This little snippet right here. THAT'S what I'm going to focus on right now. Finding the positives and sharing them

Quote:
I'm down 39 pounds since last summer. Someone called me SUPERSKINNY yesterday! (which I'm not, not by any means, but she meant in comparisson of what I normally look like, I think. LOL) but that was a nice compliment since I've NEVER been called skinny...and I'm fairly sure that being in the 180s is not super skinny in most people's books!
Karen! That is SO awesome! And your picture is fabulous! I'm so happy for you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: