Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #16
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
It's not going to help the OP now, but I have always heard that the best way to lodge a complaint to DCL is to put it on the Guest comment card before you leave the ship.

Sayhello
We've actually gotten a more personal response by writing a letter after the fact. The comment card is something they get from 90% of cruisers, and there is very little space on it for comments. It is far less common for a guest to take the time and effort to send a letter after the cruise.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #17
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoney
I'd like to know the outcome. This is concerning bc my husband has a shellfish allergy and I know that shrimp is served frequently
I do as well. I told them the first night and they substituted without my asking for the rest of the cruise.
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #18
hawaiian mickey
hawaiian flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
We've actually gotten a more personal response by writing a letter after the fact. The comment card is something they get from 90% of cruisers, and there is very little space on it for comments. It is far less common for a guest to take the time and effort to send a letter after the cruise.
aloha,
I just ask GS for a letter size paper. I had such a great experience, I did not want to miss anyone and their great deeds they did throughout the cruise. I know the comment card has very little space for writing any good/bad comments.
I just attached it to the comment card and handed it of to GS.
I got a personal letter from DCL thanking me for my comments.
aloha,
hawaiian mickey
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #19
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoney View Post
I'd like to know the outcome. This is concerning bc my husband has a shellfish allergy and I know that shrimp is served frequently
I have the same allergy. I have never had a problem on any of the ships or in Remy.
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
Dizzyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
time for travel
Earning My Ears

Allergies

My daughter is 7 and has allergies to many foods....and while this was our 3rd Disney cruise.....they were very careful about all foods...and fixed special meals for her....and once Luis saw me start to give my daughter some of a roll and he ran over and said...no, we can't be sure about it!!! So, for us.....they were great! They seemed to have it in our file that she has allergies, because when we booked the last cruise...they knew all about it!

Last edited by time for travel; 01-17-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: We were just on the Disney Magic January 4th sailing
time for travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
ladyandthetramp2
Mouseketeer

Hi
I also had a very bad experience with guest services on the Wonder. I filled out my comment card and they called me at home 2 days after the cruise. I also sent an email to:dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com
and got a response back the next day.
Good Luck!
ladyandthetramp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #22
sarahandgreg
Earning My Ears

I have to agree with the OP. Mum and I went on the 3 day bahama cruise. Mum is in a chair and on oxygen - DCL were AMAZING with this. However they were NOT amazing with the allergy issue - mum is ceoliac.
After checking and rechecking with waiters we eventually got it right but the advice was flaky at best.
Another girl on the boat had nut allergies - i heard her actually saying to the waiter " please, can you re check this as my allergy is serious and I think you are mistaken on the ingrediants of this dish" To which the waiter tried to brush her aside.
Dont get me wrong, I dont think they mean to be like it but with some of the different nationalities on the boat( esp dining room staff) it can be difficult to make your point clear.
Just my experience of DCL - on everything else they are first class - in my opinion
sarahandgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
disneyfan'08
Earning My Ears

Can you please share your experiences with me? If you don't want to share it publicly, can you PM me? I'm sailing on the Fantasy in March and I'm kind of worried about how they're going to handle our allergies. I have Celiac Disease with extreme sensitivity to gluten and cross contamination, my mom has Celiac Disease and a soy allergy, and my brother has a peanut allergy.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #24
DVCisME
DIS Veteran

I have Celiac also and would like to know, if you could please post. We are cruising for a special occassion and this is our first cruise. I would hate to be terribly ill the whole time
DVCisME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #25
chimpwars
Earning My Ears

I suspect for gluten free you will be fine!! They kept giving her gluten free food (which is not her issue). I know there is gluten free rolls, many different pastas too, and I think GF free pancakes.
We got a call from DCL before I even contacted them

I can not say any more it's between DCL and us for now, sorry

But thanks for everyone's help!!

Magic Cruise 1/13
chimpwars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #26
DVCisME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpwars View Post
I suspect for gluten free you will be fine!! They kept giving her gluten free food (which is not her issue). I know there is gluten free rolls, many different pastas too, and I think GF free pancakes.
We got a call from DCL before I even contacted them

I can not say any more it's between DCL and us for now, sorry

But thanks for everyone's help!!
Thank you and sorry you didn't have a magical time.
DVCisME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #27
Tinksfriend2006
Earning My Ears

I just recently sailed on Dcl and I too have a food allergy. Our servers were very concerned and let me know everything on the table which contained my allergy. I felt very comfortable eating knowing they were on top of it.

On the other hand, I have a complaint of unruly children. They have deck 5 to run around and be loud and crazy. The rest of the ship is for everyone! Guests should not have their cruise "ruined" because parents can't control their children during shows, dinner, and stop them from running up and down the hallways at times of night. And, why are children allowed in the 'adult only' areas?

Anyone else notice these problems?
Tinksfriend2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinksfriend2006 View Post
I just recently sailed on Dcl and I too have a food allergy. Our servers were very concerned and let me know everything on the table which contained my allergy. I felt very comfortable eating knowing they were on top of it.

On the other hand, I have a complaint of unruly children. They have deck 5 to run around and be loud and crazy. The rest of the ship is for everyone! Guests should not have their cruise "ruined" because parents can't control their children during shows, dinner, and stop them from running up and down the hallways at times of night. And, why are children allowed in the 'adult only' areas?

Anyone else notice these problems?
If there are kids in the adult only areas, a word to the closest CM will do. I understand that kids in the adult pool area on the Dream is a big problem, mostly due to the layout of the elevators and the area surrounding the pool. I agree about controlling the kids in the shows, it bothers me that those parents don't seem to think it'll impact others when their "darling" wants to run up an down the aisles, or bounce up and down on the seats in front of others.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 01-17-2013 at 09:07 PM.
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #29
Tinksfriend2006
Earning My Ears

Yes, the shows are in a theatre and should be treated with respect to the cast and audience! If children cannot be controlled, then they should watch the show on the tv in their staterooms.
Tinksfriend2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #30
anniemck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpwars View Post
Not sure where to post this, but where should we send a formal complaint? (we were on the Magic). Things did not go well at all regarding dd's allergies.
We even went to guest services multiple times and no one even called us regarding the problems and concerns!! Just very disappointed
WDW was so much better!!! we did use a TA do I contact her? or DCL?
Yes you would contact the TA, as she is responsible for your booking, and by DCL paying her commission she is the one that is the contact.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: