Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
disneyfan13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse

We went back on a cruise for our 2nd anniversary in summer of 2011, and yes, we got some special perks. Very similar to what we got on our honeymoon, actually. Again, part of the fun was not knowing exactly what to expect...but you can expect some magic
I agree, I definitely am looking forward to the surprises/not knowing what to expect. It's part of the Disney MAGIC!!
disneyfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan13 View Post
Thank you for the clarification! Any suggestions of resorts to stay around or in the WDW area?
This really depends on your budget and specific interests. Are you willing to splurge on a Deluxe, or is a Moderate more your style? The only thing I will say is for that for your honeymoon I would avoid the values...we actually stayed at All-Star sports for the three days of our honeymoon (we were able to add on those three days very cheaply for a few reasons, and we wanted to keep with the theme of keeping costs down)...and we regretted it. We were right by the pool, and it was NOISY. I didn't expect our choice of hotel to really affect our level of romance, but it really did.

On the other hands, I will throw a slightly controversial recommendations out there for the Swan/Dolphin. In many, many visits to WDW throughout my childhood and adulthood, these resorts had never come up for consideration until my most recent visit a year and a half ago. The Dolphin will be my go-to resort from now on. The location cannot be beat, and the rooms are truly deluxe-style rooms at moderate prices. You are able to walk to both Epcot and DHS. With the many discounts the Swan/Dolphin offer separate from Disney, we paid less for a room there than we would have for one at Port Orleans Riverside. Additionally, when I mentioned we'd be staying for our anniversary, the front desk upgraded us to a BEAUTIFUL alcove room that featured two balconies and a view of the Boardwalk and Epcot fireworks. (All I will say about that experience is WOW.) The pool is ridiculous, to say the least. The restaurants in both resorts are fantastic. Cannot speak highly enough of that particular choice.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

I've got a few pictures of what they did for our room for our honeymoon, I can post them here if you want, just let me know
mrkyyyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #19
disneyfan13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyyyle
I've got a few pictures of what they did for our room for our honeymoon, I can post them here if you want, just let me know
Yes, please! I would love that
Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

ok here ya go

They also put rose petals all over the rest of the room, in the jacuzzi tub, sinks etc haha

They asked us which night on the cruise we wanted to celebrate it officially on during the first day on the ship, and that evening at dinner we got a chocolate cake
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #21
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

Can you get the bridal party to help you spread the word without the bride knowing?

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #22
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

mrkyyyle - was that part of the romance package? For our HM 3 years ago we would have had to pay extra for the champagne, rose petals, bathrobes, etc.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse
mrkyyyle - was that part of the romance package? For our HM 3 years ago we would have had to pay extra for the champagne, rose petals, bathrobes, etc.
Yeah, that looks and sounds like the Romance at Sea package, which I tried to book for our honeymoon in 2011 and they said they don't do it anymore.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #24
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
We didn't book anything extra, granted we were in concierge so I don't know if they have extra leeway in doing stuff for guests etc.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkyyyle View Post
We didn't book anything extra, granted we were in concierge so I don't know if they have extra leeway in doing stuff for guests etc.
Ah, concierge - that explains it! For a moment I felt like I was getting cheated - twice

Love,

Your lowly fellow cruiser who won't even splurge on a verandah room...
Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #26
mrkyyyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
Ah, concierge - that explains it! For a moment I felt like I was getting cheated - twice

Love,

Your lowly fellow cruiser who won't even splurge on a verandah room...
haha nothing lowly about it! a cruise is a cruise in my book

I blame my mom for spoiling me with cruising in concierge one time a few years back and now I am hooked!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #27
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL yeah, they have a bit of extra leeway for doing things for guests. So you did pay for it, but with your base fare as opposed to adding it on as an extra thing. I'd love to sail concierge one day but it would have to be on a classic ship for me to even think about the price, and I doubt DCL will keep those prices once both classics go through the extended updates in the long dry dock.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #28
disneyfan13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
ok here ya go

They also put rose petals all over the rest of the room, in the jacuzzi tub, sinks etc haha

They asked us which night on the cruise we wanted to celebrate it officially on during the first day on the ship, and that evening at dinner we got a chocolate cake
That's Saaaaaweeet!! Thanks so much for sharing! Seeing those pictures makes me super stoked to go now! do they do the towels like that every night? What's the difference between a Concierge package and a regular package? (I'm new to cruising and want this to be special and unforgettable)
Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #29
disneyfan13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlerzx4
Can you get the bridal party to help you spread the word without the bride knowing?
I'm not quite sure how I could handle that one. No matter what I think I'd be too excited and slip the word, haha. I need a good trick to play on her...
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #30
disneyfan13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron

Yeah, that looks and sounds like the Romance at Sea package, which I tried to book for our honeymoon in 2011 and they said they don't do it anymore.
Do they do a Romance at Sea package anymore?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: