Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
Pretty Poly
Relaxing with a mai tai

We leave tomorrow and our dog ran away today

I am absolutely beside myself.. I don't know what to do. We leave early in the morning for Miami, and tonight our beloved husky got out while my father was taking the trash out. My parents are staying at our house to dog sit, and she snuck out on him. We've been looking for hours, but when she gets out. she just runs. It's pitch black out there now. She just took off and no one saw which way she went. She's gotten out once before and got hit by a car. I'm sure that it will happen again if she makes it out to the main road.

I have no idea what to do. I'm so upset. We're going to two 5-day B2B cruises, and there is no possible way that I'm going to enjoy myself with her missing. I'm at a complete loss.
Pretty Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Oh no, I can't imagine I'm praying you find her soon!

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Poly View Post
I am absolutely beside myself.. I don't know what to do. We leave early in the morning for Miami, and tonight our beloved husky got out while my father was taking the trash out. My parents are staying at our house to dog sit, and she snuck out on him. We've been looking for hours, but when she gets out. she just runs. It's pitch black out there now. She just took off and no one saw which way she went. She's gotten out once before and got hit by a car. I'm sure that it will happen again if she makes it out to the main road.

I have no idea what to do. I'm so upset. We're going to two 5-day B2B cruises, and there is no possible way that I'm going to enjoy myself with her missing. I'm at a complete loss.
I know it is difficult. One time we left our dog with a friend and dropped her off a couple hours early. She ran away from our house only to be returned to us by a stranger. I solved that by butting a temporary tag with there address on it. And then we have another dog that constantly runs away given the opportunity. Even when she is the fenced in back yard she digs out. Does she have a tag on? I am sure she will be back home soon. When mine runs away she stays out for hours but when she gets tired she comes back to the front door. We finally fixed that problem though with a cable, stake and padlock. (long story) LOL

I am sure she will be okay.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #4
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm so sorry. I totally get where you are. We had a friend of my sisters watch my dog while we went to Europe a number of years ago. We dropped her off the afternoon of the night we were flying out. She ran away 2 hours later. It wasn't one of my happiest trips. I'm hoping for a better outcome for you.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
HowFun
The Howard Family=Fun!

I'm so sorry! Hoping for the best

Disney Magic Cruise 3/19/13
Disney World Pop Century 12/11/10-12/20/10
Disneyland 8/2008
Disneyland 10/2006
Disneyland 7/2005
HowFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #6
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Any update? I'm so sorry...I hope. I hope your baby is home!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
mae5731
Mouseketeer

We have a husky baby as well. Yep, they're runners. Pixiedust that it turns out fine and hugs .
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #8
barbarasc
CruiseCrazy

So sorry......she will come home think positive! Maybe she has a boyfriend she wanted to say hello too Maybe she knows a good pizza joint and was hungry Don't worry it will be OK!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Ptwolfman
Mouseketeer from CA

I can imagine what you're going through. Please update us WHEN she comes home. Our prayers are with you
Ptwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
HippieChickadee
Mouseketeer

I hope you have some dedicated family and friends to look for him/her

I'd be a wreck too.

keep us updated
HippieChickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
fitmom0f2
Mouseketeer

Lots of pixie dust and prayers coming your way, hoping for your dogs safe return soon so that you will have peace of mind on your trip.

Our Dis-tory:
2005 off property
2012 ASMu/Dream/POPc
2013 Coronado Springs Princess half wknd
2014 Wonder from Miami to Bahamas
2015 Fantasy to W.Caribbean and first Home resort stay at SSR
fitmom0f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #12
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptwolfman View Post
I can imagine what you're going through. Please update us WHEN she comes home. Our prayers are with you
Very well put Wolfman!

I can't imagine how hard this must be, but try to stay positive. You can call home from the ship, and when you find out she has returned then all is well! I'm praying for you and for the puppy.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #13
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:

My heart goes out to you. We've had several huskies, they are free spirits...love to run. Hopefully, you've been unable to update and she's back home.

I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy.
I'll think about that tomorrow.....After all, tomorrow is another day"
Scarlett O'Hara
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
Mitzzie
Mouseketeer

Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #15
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this! I hope he returns home safely.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: