Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
You don't? There's TONS of merchandise sales going on at WWOHP!! Ollivanders is basically a glorified sales pitch and it usually has an hour or longer wait.
~Exactly, the "tons" of merchandise sales cater to a captive audience and are specific to WWoHP. Ollivanders is the only place out of the entire Universal resort that sells the wands and other HP stuff -- not to mention, it's unrealistically small (to stay in line with the story) -- so of course, there would be an hour long wait.

~The same can be said for Disney, just imagine if mouse ears were sold in one tiny store out of the whole complex, you would witness the same "frenzy." My point is the crazy demand for Harry Potter items inside the parks does not reflect the demand for Harry Potter merchandise outside of the parks. Harry Potter is iconic but it's not all that relevant today -- there are no new books or movies in the works. HP has a strong fan base, that can carry Universal. Disney has a stronger fan base and can and will successfully carry Avatar.

~Anyway, it really doesn't have to be "one" or the "other." I'm not an Avatar or Harry Potter "fan." I'm a theme park fan and I intend to enjoy both. I feel confident in saying, I represent the "majority" outside of the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznefreek View Post
Revenue does not equal quality.
I am a SW fan but did not particularly care for them either.
~I don't understand this statement. It sounds like you're saying, Avatarland can not be successful because you don't care for the movie. I don't care for the movie either, but I know Avatarland has enormous potential to be every bit of fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
But I feel Harry Potter has a much bigger following. Avatar doesn't have that kind of Cult . I can see Harry Potter convention 10 years from now
~This statement is way way off. What would a convention, ten years from now, have to do with the success of Avatarland?!? "Harry Potters fan base" is too weak of an argument to demonstrate why Avatar not be a successful addition to Animal Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twebber55 View Post
avatar is just starting not really fair to compare to a franchise thats been around for 11 years...but i see your point...i just look at avatar as having a great appeal to a themed land

nothing to do with its story
***sigh*** Besides, sounding like a broken record, I totally agree with you! Harry Potter is done, there are no more books and no more movies in the pipeline & popularity of the franchise on the current market has significantly waned & will continue to diminish as time goes on.

~Universal is the only thing that keeps Harry Potter relevant or some would say, Harry Potter keeps Universal relevant, maybe it's a little of both. My point is -- none of this matters. Avatarland has the potential to be a huge success for Disney. We'll just have to wait & see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycake View Post
Exactly! IMHO. Disney is using there creative fake world of Pandora that would fit great in that park. When built Cameron will have basically free market ing for his next avatar movies. 20 years from now the land could be without the blue beings and just be. Pandora
~Pandora will be fabulous! There is so much Disney can use to create an amazing theme park experience. I am very excited to see what Cameron and Disney's Imagineers come up with!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: