Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
emerald51362
Mouseketeer

OKW studio vs BC studio

DH and DD14 and I from June 9-13 which one would you pick and why? Restaurants and Pools? Have never been to either one. Transportation to the parks?
emerald51362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Beach club hands down that time of year! We're headed down for our first trip to BC in July, and we cannot wait for Stormalong bay!

From the BC you can walk to Epcot (less than 5 minute) and to DHS if you're feeling motivated (Just shy of a mile/15-20 minute walk) Bus to MK and AK, but if you have hoppers you can cut through Epcot (and enjoy a drink or snack along the way) and take the monorail to MK.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!

Last edited by stargazertechie; 01-13-2013 at 05:30 PM.
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I own at BCV but I honestly don't care for the pool for adults. Very crowded and hectic. The quiet pool is nice enough and I prefer it to SAB if the younger kids aren't with us.

Personally, I will not stay in a studio with more than 2 people except at OKW. Once you open that sleeper you lose all room space. I'd get a hotel room before using the sleeper in a studio. OKW studios have 2 beds and the space is nicer.

For location, BCV wins. It's why I own there.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

My 9 year old DD hated sleeping on the sleeper sofa at BCVs even though she loved SAB. The next year we stayed at YC so that we had 2 queen beds which she liked much better. I'm not sure how comfortable your 14 year old will be on that sleeper sofa. When my DD was much younger we stayed at OKW, we liked the resort pool, the large bathroom, the theme and the boat to DTD but the lack of an indoor food court was definitely a drawback. As far as transportation, being able to walk to DHS and Epcot from BCVs is a huge plus but we did find the buses from OKW to be adequate. Are you renting points and that is why you're staying at a DVC property and not a regular WDW resort?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
AndyFL
This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my color will change!

Location: Panhandle of FL just north of Panama City...basically the armpit of FL

OP, my family and I really like OKW....HOWEVER, that is because we can usually stay there very reasonably. The location of BC is the best in my opinion. Being able to watch Illuminations and then stroll around the world and then casually walk across the bridge to BC is hard to beat. Besides that, my family and I really love strolling around the lake and walking out to the lighthouse. We will be there in two days and I can't wait.
AndyFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: