Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #16
amyg1
Mouseketeer

The more weight, the faster you go. We ran a few experiments, and we all agreed. Two adults were super fast.

The best time to go is during dinner/shows - when there is a show you don't want to see. Then there is almost no line. Especially during the first seating's dinner.
amyg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink
Honestly, I was quite heavy on our last cruise, and did it with DH, who is probably about 30 lbs above average. My issue was it would hurt my butt when we'd hit a bump. The REAL issue though is the awkwardness of getting OUT of the tube. There is no "pretty" way to do it. I think if I'm as heavy on the next cruise, I'd have my DH go separately in front of me, so my bottom wouldn't hit so hard, and he could help me disembark.

Been eating healthier though and hope to be at better, healthier weight by next cruise though!
Ya I experienced this too! My DH helped me out, after the second time the cm at the bottom asked me if I wanted him to roll me out lol it wasn't that bad but they try to help! I preferred the DH to do some help! I could tell I wasn't the first one he asked! Definitely not stopping me from doing it again in sept!!!

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
pixiedixie862
Earning My Ears

I cannot wait to go on the aqua duck! I am soo excited. Never been on but I've been watching vids!
pixiedixie862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #19
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Ya I experienced this too! My DH helped me out, after the second time the cm at the bottom asked me if I wanted him to roll me out lol it wasn't that bad but they try to help! I preferred the DH to do some help! I could tell I wasn't the first one he asked! Definitely not stopping me from doing it again in sept!!!
You'd think they'd made it easier to get out, maybe made the water deeper, so you could step out and then a few steps to get out of the water. I know I had bruises on my knees from getting out.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

We rode singles, last trip and I was unsure, if there was a weight limit. I'm cruising with my baby brother, who has Down Syndrome. He wants to ride, but ONLY with me. I figure, if we can do Astro Orbiter, the Aqua Duck will be a breeze.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #21
Threehuggers
Earning My Ears

I am so happy to hear there is no weight limit. My DD 10 is a fish and DH does not swim so its up to me to do all the water activities with her. We have been watching videos and it looks like so much fun!! 😎
Old 03-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #22
Sailingpartyof10
Mouseketeer

Threehuggers, you don't need to be able to swim to ride the AquaDuck. The water is only a few inches deep, and you don't start or end in deep water. If your DH just doesn't like to get wet, that's one thing. But if it's just that he doesn't know how to swim, he could go on the AquaDuck if he wants to.
Sailingpartyof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #23
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threehuggers View Post
I am so happy to hear there is no weight limit. My DD 10 is a fish and DH does not swim so its up to me to do all the water activities with her. We have been watching videos and it looks like so much fun!! 😎
There is no deep water so no swimming involved. I looked at the videos as I do not swim and looks like non swimmers can do it.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
Donna M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
Ride 2 people and the person in the back leans back and lifts their butt off the tube-you will fly!!!!!!!

Linda
Thanks for the tip, we'll be flying!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #25
dharma517
Mouseketeer

My daughter and I went pretty fast and the two of us put together are 180lbs. I can't imagine the pooh sized ride...lol. Anyway...one word of warning. She is 12 and pretty tall but built like a reed...not quite 70lbs. She got STUCK! lol She didn't weight enough on one ride or something...shut that bad boy down for an hour..lol
dharma517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:58 PM   #26
klsteinhoff
Earning My Ears

Why is there a height limit if kids are with adults? My son is 4 but he was a micro premiee and still tiny. But he is ALL a 4 year old boy! Rough and tough.
klsteinhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #27
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Not sure in the height but I know that there's a weight suggestion for kids. Basically if your not heavy enough the floats were getting stuck in the ride. In which case you were asked to ride with someone heavier. This only applied to single riders.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #28
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if there is a min height/weight/age if riding with parents? We have an adventurous 2 year old (turns 3 next month) and 4 year old (turns 5 next motnth).
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #29
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews_dad View Post
Anyone know if there is a min height/weight/age if riding with parents? We have an adventurous 2 year old (turns 3 next month) and 4 year old (turns 5 next motnth).
I think it's 42 inch minimum to ride with an adult and 54 inches to ride alone unless it has changed.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
Jujubee727
Mouseketeer

I have read that the deck/stairs are hot and it is recommended to wear water shoes...Can you wear flip flops or crocs, or are only the mesh/rubber bottomed shoes allowed?

Also, I know this thread is about aqua duck but are there height requirements for the Mickey slide?
December 2013 - BLT & BWV
Jujubee727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: