Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
just2girls1
Mouseketeer

DCL Questions about making reservations for next cruise while onboard....

I am new to cruising and anytime we were at Disney World I did not book for future trips. I see that you can book for a future cruise while onboard at a reduced rate. A few questions:

1. How far out can you typically book?

2. We are going in April '13, could we book for December '14 then change the date to anytime and vise versa if we booked for April '14 can we make it Dec '14 at a later date?

3. I take it from what I have read that this does not exclude you from using a travel agent?

4. Can I book for 2 staterooms initially? We have 2 this time. What if I decide we only need one at a later date? If i book for one can we change to 2 with the same incentives at a later date?

5. Do you book for a specific cruise? i.e.: Alaska, Bahamas etc, Can this be changed to something else or do you have to go to the destination you first chose?

Sorry if this seems like simple questions but I am thinking if we really like it taking another cruise may be in the future. Thanks for any help.

August '08 here we come. We had a blast!

August '12 can't wait. Another great trip!!

April '13 First Cruise on the Wonder!

DH ME, Retired! DD21 DD15 DS14 DGD4

My best freind asked me to marry him in front of the castle on Friday, August 15,2008
We were married December 31, 2009!
just2girls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by just2girls1 View Post
I am new to cruising and anytime we were at Disney World I did not book for future trips. I see that you can book for a future cruise while onboard at a reduced rate. A few questions:

1. How far out can you typically book? As far out as DCL has announced cruises. Hopefully by the time you sail, they will have released the rest of 2014.

2. We are going in April '13, could we book for December '14 if those dates have been released by then then change the date to anytime and vise versa if we booked for April '14 can we make it Dec '14 at a later date? Yes.

3. I take it from what I have read that this does not exclude you from using a travel agent? No. When we booked onboard we used the same travel agent -- they had her contact info in their computer.

4. Can I book for 2 staterooms initially? We have 2 this time. Yes. What if I decide we only need one at a later date? If i book for one can we change to 2 with the same incentives at a later date?

5. Do you book for a specific cruise? i.e.: Alaska, Bahamas etc, Can this be changed to something else or do you have to go to the destination you first chose? Yes, you book a specific cruise, but the destination/date can be changed.

Sorry if this seems like simple questions but I am thinking if we really like it taking another cruise may be in the future. Thanks for any help.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just2girls1 View Post
4. Can I book for 2 staterooms initially? We have 2 this time. What if I decide we only need one at a later date? If i book for one can we change to 2 with the same incentives at a later date?
You cannot add a room to an existing OBB reservation and get the same benefits for that room. You could add a room, but not get any OBB discount or OBC on that room. If you book 2 onboard and later wanted to combine everyone into one room, that would first depend upon the muster capacity in that station if they would allow the number in one room. Also, the 3rd & 4th passengers would be charged at the rate applicable on the day you made the switch.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
just2girls1
Mouseketeer

Thank you both so much for your answers.

August '08 here we come. We had a blast!

August '12 can't wait. Another great trip!!

April '13 First Cruise on the Wonder!

DH ME, Retired! DD21 DD15 DS14 DGD4

My best freind asked me to marry him in front of the castle on Friday, August 15,2008
We were married December 31, 2009!
just2girls1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: