Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 AM   #2611
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10
Ok, a couple of questions here..

We are coming to AOA march 4th-March 8th.

Our flight gets in at 12:40, its a 4 hour flight, my kids are 11 and 5. Do you think we should go to the hotel first to change clothes?? or head straight to the park off the bus? I have us planned for Disney Hollywood studios this day because we are only wanting to do muppets 3d and star tours...we have park hopper.....

NOTE: we HAVE to be in magic kingdom around 8pm because we have ADRs at cinderellas royal table at 9pm....(time difference, it will only feel like 7 to us)

I know this is alot for the first day, but trying to maximize our time, and not do more than 2 differnt places per day.

How long will it take once our plane lands to get to WDW??
We normally go to the hotel have lunch pool while we are waiting for luggage maybe nap if time permits and then head to the parks for the evening. Trying to flight, dhs, and a mk ressie may have to a little exhausted to fully enjoy (especially with a 5 yo. With none that would equal meltdown without a doubt...lol).

Good luck with whatever you decide!!
5 or 6 times as a kid, no idea when I went or where I stayed NYE 1999 Coronado Springs October 2005 Old Key West November 2006 Pop Century September 2007 Pop Century August 2010 Pop Century August 2011 Pop Century April 2013 AoA LM
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #2612
DisneyATlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013 View Post
Hey
We were rushed at chef mickeys because the luggage service ended up coming 20 minutes late - had they not we would have had 20 more minutes to spend at cm
Oh, okay. I thought you meant the restaurant staff was rushing you....but I guess you were rushing to stick to your own timeline. I just wasn't sure if some of the character dining places had an unspoken time limit since they handle reservations. I hate being rushed at meals and we like to linger a little....especially when exploring and using restaurants as a resting spot.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #2613
ndpeirce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie10
Ok, a couple of questions here..

We are coming to AOA march 4th-March 8th.

Our flight gets in at 12:40, its a 4 hour flight, my kids are 11 and 5. Do you think we should go to the hotel first to change clothes?? or head straight to the park off the bus? I have us planned for Disney Hollywood studios this day because we are only wanting to do muppets 3d and star tours...we have park hopper.....

NOTE: we HAVE to be in magic kingdom around 8pm because we have ADRs at cinderellas royal table at 9pm....(time difference, it will only feel like 7 to us)

I know this is alot for the first day, but trying to maximize our time, and not do more than 2 differnt places per day.

How long will it take once our plane lands to get to WDW??
I recommend you just go to MK with your timing. Transportation (from the airport and within Disney) always takes longer than planned. You will have to check in at the resort to get your Key to the World card (or RFID bracelet) which will have your tickets embedded if you're doing a package. We were just there, our flight landed at 8:30 and we were in the parks about 11:15 by the time all was said and done. That's pretty typical of our experiences give or take 30 minutes.

I think you will be able to maximize time best just going to MK on that first day since you already have a reservation to attend. Good luck!
1980, 1984 Contemporary, 1992 House Off Site, 1995 Honeymoon Dixie Landings, 2006 Off Site, 2010 Wilderness Lodge, DVC Owners August 2010, First Visit Home BLT August 2011, October 2011 Food and Wine Getaway , August 2012 Pop Century/Disney Fantasy 40-Palooza, December 2012 BLT Christmas Surprise, August 2013 AOA Just Me & the Kids , SSR Food & Wine Getaway October 2013

Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #2614
JM1226
Mouseketeer

Override for Thermostat

I thought I read a post on how to override it but now I can't seem to find it. Can anyone post the thread or tell me how to do it? TIA!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #2615
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1226
I thought I read a post on how to override it but now I can't seem to find it. Can anyone post the thread or tell me how to do it? TIA!
I tried all the tricks I've seen posted and none of them worked, so I called the front desk to complain and they sent maintenance over to do something to my thermostat.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #2616
dizzycrazy
Earning My Ears

Question Suite/shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14 View Post
Countdown to AoA Cars Suite...96 days! So close! Going to start making some trip tshirts this week for the family.
Trying to book my trip! Love the idea of the suites! How did you like yours? Where do you make your trip T-shirts?

DH DW DS 10 DD 6 DDog

July 2000 ~ First Trip with DH! Celebrated Second Anniversay! ~ POR
July 2007 ~ First Family Trip to Disney! Celebrated 9th Anniversary! DS 4, DD 9 mo ~ Pop

Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #2617
bpesch
DIS Veteran

I'll apologize up front here if this is somewhere on the thread already, but I can't find it. We stayed in November, had a LM room, Bldg 7. The one thing that absolutely drove me crazy was the bathroom fan that came on if anyone even got close to the bathroom. And it stayed on for 20 minutes every single time before shutting off. Not a problem during the day, big problem in the middle of the night. And there is no switch to turn it off. Is this standard in all the LM rooms. Anyone know?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #2618
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
I tried all the tricks I've seen posted and none of them worked, so I called the front desk to complain and they sent maintenance over to do something to my thermostat.
yeah, I don't think anyone found a solution other than calling maintenance and having them override it. I intend on requesting this as soon as we check in. I need my room to have icicles in it for me to sleep.

omg, 88 days for us! Cannot wait!!!
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #2619
PrincessLilysMommy
Earning My Ears

Hello All!

Quick question: DH and I decided we will load up the car with DD4 and drive from Tulsa, OK to AoA for our May12-21 vacation. It is an 18-19 hour drive. We estimate me will arrive around 7am. If I make a room request a few weeks before we arrive, how likely is it that we will be able to check in early and get into our room?

I know we will be tired and want a shower. Just hoping we can get our room asap.

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #2620
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i dont think room request has anything to do with it being ready. you may be assigned a room that someone is checking out of that day, so who knows when those people will check out
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
Old 01-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #2621
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzycrazy View Post
Trying to book my trip! Love the idea of the suites! How did you like yours? Where do you make your trip T-shirts?
We looked through absolute_mandy's designs here on the DIS (Creative DISigns board) and asked for custom designs.

Then we printed them onto transfer paper, got matching t-shirts/colors from A.C. Moore, and ironed the transfers onto the shirts! They looked great and made for some awesome family photos!
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #2622
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
i dont think room request has anything to do with it being ready. you may be assigned a room that someone is checking out of that day, so who knows when those people will check out
we often get our room early, but 7AM is REALLY early! I kinda doubt it.

our last trip we used our room until the last minute 11AM. if we drive, we are usually out of our room by 6 or 7, but housekeeping still has to clean it, etc.

probably the only way you get your room that early would be if it was empty.. and at AOA, that's kinda doubtful..

sorry, just want you to be prepared. hopefully it will be warm enough for you guys to snooze by the pool for a while. we have gotten a room at other value resorts as early as 9 am, though! oh, you could snooze in the car!

you'll probably be so excited, that you could get some breakfast, look around a bit, and maybe by then they'll be a room ready. good luck!

Last edited by smidgy; 01-13-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #2623
ikeymakes3
Earning My Ears

Just returned from our stay in the Finding Nemo suite. Found it very discouraging that I had "no service" with my cel phone (AT&T and my friend has Virizon). Felt like the dinosaur ages having to head outside to make a phone call. Wi-fi was spotty and unreliable. In this day and age with a resort like this I find it completely unacceptable.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #2624
PrincessLilysMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
we often get our room early, but 7AM is REALLY early! I kinda doubt it.

our last trip we used our room until the last minute 11AM. if we drive, we are usuallyout of our room by 6 or 7, but housekeeping still has to clean it, etc.

probably the only way you get your room that early would be if it was empty.. and at AOA, that's kinda doubtful..

sorry, just want you to be prepared. hopefully it will be warm enough for you guys to smooze by the pool for a while. we have gotten a room at other value resorts as early as 9 am, though! oh, you could snooze in the car!

you'll probably be so excited, that you could get some breakfast, look around a bit, and maybe by then they'll be a room ready. good luck!
Thanks, I was thinking it was a bit of a stretch. But who knows? Besides with my four year old I'm sure the excitement of Disney nothing will be able to contain her in the room right after a long drive.

Breakfast and looking around the resort sounds like a good idea.

Thanks!!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #2625
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeymakes3 View Post
Just returned from our stay in the Finding Nemo suite. Found it very discouraging that I had "no service" with my cel phone (AT&T and my friend has Virizon). Felt like the dinosaur ages having to head outside to make a phone call. Wi-fi was spotty and unreliable. In this day and age with a resort like this I find it completely unacceptable.
i agree its unacceptable. do other resorts have this issue or it mainly AoA? i only r e ally read AoA threa ds
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: