Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer
 
CrawfordMomof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gate City, Virginia
Posts: 216

Changing an age on a Reservation?

Hi Everyone!

We booked our cruise for May of 2014 about 2 weeks ago. I was online getting ready to make a payment, when I realized that I messed up.

My kids will be 8 and 4 when we cruise, but Disney has them down as 8 and 8.

I'm sure with all of the excitement I probably either put the wrong age or DOB down for my youngest child.

Can I call Disney and have that updated? And if I do is there going to be a penalty? I really don't want to have to re-book. I'm going to call them tomorrow (Monday), but I thought you guys might be able to at least give me a heads-up of what to expect before then.

Thanks for your help!
CrawfordMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
brianvdb
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: California, USA
Posts: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We booked our cruise for May of 2014 about 2 weeks ago. I was online getting ready to make a payment, when I realized that I messed up.

My kids will be 8 and 4 when we cruise, but Disney has them down as 8 and 8.

I'm sure with all of the excitement I probably either put the wrong age or DOB down for my youngest child.

Can I call Disney and have that updated? And if I do is there going to be a penalty? I really don't want to have to re-book. I'm going to call them tomorrow (Monday), but I thought you guys might be able to at least give me a heads-up of what to expect before then.

Thanks for your help!
Shouldn't be a problem... You can change passenger names/DOBs all you want up until 30 days prior to sailing (with the possible exception of the "lead name" on the reservation).
brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We booked our cruise for May of 2014 about 2 weeks ago. I was online getting ready to make a payment, when I realized that I messed up.

My kids will be 8 and 4 when we cruise, but Disney has them down as 8 and 8.

I'm sure with all of the excitement I probably either put the wrong age or DOB down for my youngest child.

Can I call Disney and have that updated? And if I do is there going to be a penalty? I really don't want to have to re-book. I'm going to call them tomorrow (Monday), but I thought you guys might be able to at least give me a heads-up of what to expect before then.

Thanks for your help!
This far out there's no penalties for changes. Just call DCL and tell them you need to fix the age on one of your kids.

__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
CrawfordMomof2
Mouseketeer
 
CrawfordMomof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gate City, Virginia
Posts: 216

Thanks!

Thanks for your answers!

I tried to call Disney just to get it over with, and the anticipated wait time was " over 15 minutes ". I figure it probably doesn't help that it's Sunday evening either. But I will call them in the morning.

Thanks again!
CrawfordMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 View Post
Thanks for your answers!

I tried to call Disney just to get it over with, and the anticipated wait time was " over 15 minutes ". I figure it probably doesn't help that it's Sunday evening either. But I will call them in the morning.

Thanks again!
Probably have a skeleton crew on tonight. There will be no problem--call in the morning.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
neg58
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,664

They would catch it at check in anyway. I made a mistake (my first one ever) and entered my daughter's birthdate as 1/26 instead of 1/25. When they swiped her passport - ERP ERP ERP! The CM just looked down and said 'wrong birthdate' and that was it. I asked if it could be permanently changed and the response was 'it just was.'

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 18,093

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
They would catch it at check in anyway. I made a mistake (my first one ever) and entered my daughter's birthdate as 1/26 instead of 1/25. When they swiped her passport - ERP ERP ERP! The CM just looked down and said 'wrong birthdate' and that was it. I asked if it could be permanently changed and the response was 'it just was.'

Nancy
Yeah, but that was only by one day. OP has a problem with the age difference by several years. That's something DCL like to know to keep track on the numbers in the Club/Lab space.

__________________


13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 AM   #8
shburks
DIS Veteran
 
shburks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 1,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Yeah, but that was only by one day. OP has a problem with the age difference by several years. That's something DCL like to know to keep track on the numbers in the Club/Lab space.

That's true but regardless if the child is 4 or 8 he/she would be in the club/lab.
__________________

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.