Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #16
lfran
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the information. It's very helpful. Do you happen to have Navigators for this cruise? Can you please send to me? leefrancescone@gmail.com
lfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
polynor
Mouseketeer

You got most of your answer already (I've been sick and haven't been able to respond):

Quote:
Originally Posted by I❤MICKEY View Post
What are the temps like in Galveston in February? We couldn't get flights out for the day we return so we decided to stay the night.
Temperatures in Galveston/Houston are highly variable in February -- you could be in the 40's, you could be in the 70's. You won't really have a good sense until about a week out when they're making predictions.

Quote:
Dressing up for dinner has been a struggle for us. My DH view is that we are on vacation and he wants to be comfortable. I got him to agree to eating in the dining room only one night as a result. I've read on other posts that if you don't want to dress up you will be asked to leave MDR - and that shorts were a definite no-no. Would you say adults could also wear shorts? Perhaps a nice polo shirt and nice shorts?
We saw adults (and not unlike your case -- mostly the husbands of the party) wearing shorts -- with the exception of the the formal night. On formal night, while some people didn't get in the formalwear -- they were wearing pants. We ddin't see anyone asked to leave. Knee length shorts and a polo wouldn't make you stand out.

Quote:
Do you have to sign up in advance for the dine and play?
You saw another respondents about the dine and play for the nursery. Otherwise, for those that can go in the club, we just let the server know we want to do this - their food came out really quick. The trickier thing was making sure we caught the kids club counselors -- they are wearing bright yellow shirts -- but sometime they would wear a black sweater on top that we almost missed them one day when they did their room sweep. They get them around 9:15 -- so we just kept our eyes open for them.

Quote:
This one surprised me. Anyone have tips or ideas for how to make a "do it yourself" type latch.
Unfortunately we didn't comeup with a good solution. This was only a problem when it was DH in the room with the kids and the little one (attached more to me) wanted to go find me. We just had to re-emphasize to the kids that they couldn't leave the room without one of us.

Enjoy your trip!
polynor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
polynor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfran View Post
Thanks for all the information. It's very helpful. Do you happen to have Navigators for this cruise? Can you please send to me? leefrancescone@gmail.com
I have the navigators, and was hoping to scan some (before I got sick). I would think our 6 day is going to be a little different than most because of new years but will try and post them soon.
polynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
jal417
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the helpful information!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
txblondie99
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all this information... as a first time cruiser, I can use any help I can get!!!
txblondie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #21
kimwhitt93
Mouseketeer

Were you on the Magic? If so, I didn't know they did spa services for young girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynch924 View Post
We just got off the same cruise with our 10 year old daughter... She wanted to be in shorts or swimsuit the whole time (even on the cooler days!), except she wanted to dress up more for dinner (apparently some alien invaded her sensibilities while on board, as I can barely get her to dress up for church these days, lol). Our first sea day was pretty chilly... In the 50's, I think, and pretty windy. The next day was nicer and DD spent several hours in the pool, which is set deeper than deck level, so she couldn't feel the wind. Cayman and Cozumel were both pretty warm (80's to 90). The last sea day was chilly and drizzly, which was out of the norm according to some crew I was talking to.

DD really enjoyed Villians, Twice Charmed and the comedian. Dreams, not so much, but we had seen it last year on the Dream. She didn't go to Oceaneer's Club at all, but did spend time in the Lab. She particularly liked Flubber, Gaga Ball and The Pasta Pigs. She also liked the arcade (air hockey) and the Princess Package (mani/pedi) at the spa. She also loved getting her hair braided on board. You can get your Mickey bands at the port... We had pre registered online, but they told us to go ahead and check in at port and they put her band on then.

The wave phone is about the size of a king size candy bar.

Have fun!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
jlynch924
Mousin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimwhitt93
Were you on the Magic? If so, I didn't know they did spa services for young girls.
Yes, we were on Magic. They had a Princess Package for girls (DD is 10) that included mani/pedi and pixie dust in the hair. It was $65. For an extra charge ($10, I think), they'd have done an updo, but since she had just gotten braided, we didn't do that part.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #23
jlynch924
Mousin' Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynch924

Yes, we were on Magic. They had a Princess Package for girls (DD is 10) that included mani/pedi and pixie dust in the hair. It was $65. For an extra charge ($10, I think), they'd have done an updo, but since she had just gotten braided, we didn't do that part.

It also included a leg and arm rubdown with some chocolate smelling lotion.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #24
dkfogt
Mouseketeer

First Disney Cruise in March

Thanks so much for posting this. Our first Disney Cruise will be on the Magic, leaving March 9th. Our girls are 4, 11 and 14 and we got late seating for dinner. I am trying to soak up all the tips now - we cannot wait.
dkfogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 AM   #25
kimwhitt93
Mouseketeer

Wow, I guess I should of gone to the spa and looked. I didn't see anything on line about kids. But, I have seen the newer ships have the boutique like DW
Old 01-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #26
Sam Carre
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by txblondie99 View Post
Thanks for all this information... as a first time cruiser, I can use any help I can get!!!
When in April is your cruise? We are cruising for the first time on Magic on the 6th April. Very excited. Have a wonderful cruise.
Sam Carre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #27
suziesas
Earning My Ears

We are on the same cruise! I can't wait!!!
suziesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #28
HollandmillerFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This one surprised me. Anyone have tips or ideas for how to make a "do it yourself" type latch.
We dragged the coffee table in front of the door. It was kind of a pain but since we hadn't planned ahead (we were surprised there were no built-in prevention locks, too!), that was our work around. He probably could have moved it or climbed over it but by that time we would have figured out he was trying to leave.

Good luck!
HollandmillerFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #29
pchyjewels
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for your response. I have been reading everywhere for this response. I am cruising with a 2 year old and a 3 year old. I was planning on sending the 2 year old to the nursery when the 3 year old left for Dine and Play. This may not work based on your response that the Dine and Play is only for the late dining

Would you or anyone have any tips/advice for cruisers with toddlers?

Thanks!

**This refers back to post #13 about sending babies to nursery during dinner. I'm knew to the forum and am learning how to respond and post

Last edited by pchyjewels; 01-24-2013 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to put quote in message
pchyjewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #30
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your experiences and tips.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: