Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Online dining reservations

Looks like the Disney dining reservations online reservations system is down.....AGAIN. Been 2 days now. Every time I log in, I get the message "Server is busy" Anyone else having a problem with this?
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,930

I just logged in and was able to make a dining reservation.
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I just logged in and was able to make a dining reservation.
Do you mean just now?
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,930

yup. When I saw your post I logged in and checked for breakfast availability for 5/25 - came right up. Are you getting that far? I can go and try to book something and see if that works?
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
yup. When I saw your post I logged in and checked for breakfast availability for 5/25 - came right up. Are you getting that far? I can go and try to book something and see if that works?
I get all the way up to the last page of what appears to me to be a new server for making reservations. I get as far as the last page, and I keep getting "the server is busy". I tried a few other random restaurants to see if the same thing occurs, and it does. Not sure what is going on here. Maybe I'll just call the dining number.......

The date I am making the reservations for is January 24th....
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran
 
chocovrdmicears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,930

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros View Post
I get all the way up to the last page of what appears to me to be a new server for making reservations. I get as far as the last page, and I keep getting "the server is busy". I tried a few other random restaurants to see if the same thing occurs, and it does. Not sure what is going on here. Maybe I'll just call the dining number.......

The date I am making the reservations for is January 24th....
I don't know....are you looking at the new website or the old?
I am on the new website and have no problems making reservations. I wonder if you don't need to clear the cookies on your computer? I am sooo no computer skilled - I hope you can fix it soon!
__________________
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I don't know....are you looking at the new website or the old?
I am on the new website and have no problems making reservations. I wonder if you don't need to clear the cookies on your computer? I am sooo no computer skilled - I hope you can fix it soon!
Hey, thanks for the advice. I'm going to try the cookies clearing, but I do not believe that's the problem here. Not sure what's going on. But thanks again!
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
mlittig
DIS Veteran
 
mlittig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Massachusetts
Posts: 5,373

I can't believe that such a huge company like Disney can have such horrible websites
__________________

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
I can't believe that such a huge company like Disney can have such horrible websites
Yea, tell me about it.........
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!
 
CalSea12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Home of the cowboys baby!
Posts: 560

I just made a reservation on the old website, and have been making them over the last couple of days, no issues here.
__________________
DH-Stitch Me-Kitty DD-Boo

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #11
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

You know what? Disney should stop playing around with their computer reservation system. Every time they do, they wind up messing something up badly that sometimes takes them weeks to correct.
I tried to make dining reservations on line, to no avail. The site started sending me to old dining reservations from last year! Does Disney hire high school drop outs to run their computer systems?
Anyway, I finally got the reservations by calling the automated system which was still unresponsive to certain queries.
Very frustrating, I have to say.
I guess I should have waited til tomorrow morning and called the Vacation club, and made my reservations that way, as I usually do.......


I don't know, maybe it's just me..
Perhaps I need to go to computer remedial training!
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
I just made a reservation on the old website, and have been making them over the last couple of days, no issues here.
How do you make reservations at the "old" website? When I was looking for Disney Dining reservations in the search engines, they all bought me to the new site.
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran
 
FiggieFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,030

I haven't been able to get to the old site in a couple of weeks, even after clearing cookies and internet history. I was not able to make a reservation in the new website earlier today and had to call - it was saying my zip code and address were wrong with the credit card I entered. I was making a credit card backed ADR.
I did make another one successfully a few hours ago - did the same thing as earlier and didn't have a problem.
I really don't trust this new site - it pulled over several reservations that I cancelled and they are showing up as being booked. I called to confirm that they were in fact cancelled, but I don't have much confidence with all the issues arising.
__________________
Fort Wilderness Campgrounds: May 1992
Port Orleans French Quarter:Aug 1998, Jan 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013, Feb 2014
Wilderness Lodge: Dec 2015



FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)
 
mitros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: florida
Posts: 4,274

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
I haven't been able to get to the old site in a couple of weeks, even after clearing cookies and internet history. I was not able to make a reservation in the new website earlier today and had to call - it was saying my zip code and address were wrong with the credit card I entered. I was making a credit card backed ADR.
I did make another one successfully a few hours ago - did the same thing as earlier and didn't have a problem.
I really don't trust this new site - it pulled over several reservations that I cancelled and they are showing up as being booked. I called to confirm that they were in fact cancelled, but I don't have much confidence with all the issues arising.
THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one with these problems. Doesn't Disney run tests on their systems BEFORE they open it to the public??
__________________
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ..
..Edmund Burke
mitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #15
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer
 
showers2flowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 111

The website is next to useless these days it seems. However, I did have luck making and cancelling reservations using the My Disney Experience app on my phone. If it's a credit card hold reservation though, I don't think you can do it. Hope that helps someone
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.