Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
mitros
I'm not nuts, I just appear to be
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Online dining reservations

Looks like the Disney dining reservations online reservations system is down.....AGAIN. Been 2 days now. Every time I log in, I get the message "Server is busy" Anyone else having a problem with this?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I just logged in and was able to make a dining reservation.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
mitros
86 miles from the magic
The Tag Fairy will retire when people don't want anymore tags or she's asked to, whichever comes first :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I just logged in and was able to make a dining reservation.
Do you mean just now?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

yup. When I saw your post I logged in and checked for breakfast availability for 5/25 - came right up. Are you getting that far? I can go and try to book something and see if that works?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
mitros
86 miles from the magic

Quote:
yup. When I saw your post I logged in and checked for breakfast availability for 5/25 - came right up. Are you getting that far? I can go and try to book something and see if that works?
I get all the way up to the last page of what appears to me to be a new server for making reservations. I get as far as the last page, and I keep getting "the server is busy". I tried a few other random restaurants to see if the same thing occurs, and it does. Not sure what is going on here. Maybe I'll just call the dining number.......

The date I am making the reservations for is January 24th....
Old 01-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitros View Post
I get all the way up to the last page of what appears to me to be a new server for making reservations. I get as far as the last page, and I keep getting "the server is busy". I tried a few other random restaurants to see if the same thing occurs, and it does. Not sure what is going on here. Maybe I'll just call the dining number.......

The date I am making the reservations for is January 24th....
I don't know....are you looking at the new website or the old?
I am on the new website and have no problems making reservations. I wonder if you don't need to clear the cookies on your computer? I am sooo no computer skilled - I hope you can fix it soon!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
mitros
86 miles from the magic

Quote:
I don't know....are you looking at the new website or the old?
I am on the new website and have no problems making reservations. I wonder if you don't need to clear the cookies on your computer? I am sooo no computer skilled - I hope you can fix it soon!
Hey, thanks for the advice. I'm going to try the cookies clearing, but I do not believe that's the problem here. Not sure what's going on. But thanks again!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
mlittig
DIS Veteran

I can't believe that such a huge company like Disney can have such horrible websites

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
mitros
86 miles from the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
I can't believe that such a huge company like Disney can have such horrible websites
Yea, tell me about it.........
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

I just made a reservation on the old website, and have been making them over the last couple of days, no issues here.

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 PM   #11
mitros
86 miles from the magic

You know what? Disney should stop playing around with their computer reservation system. Every time they do, they wind up messing something up badly that sometimes takes them weeks to correct.
I tried to make dining reservations on line, to no avail. The site started sending me to old dining reservations from last year! Does Disney hire high school drop outs to run their computer systems?
Anyway, I finally got the reservations by calling the automated system which was still unresponsive to certain queries.
Very frustrating, I have to say.
I guess I should have waited til tomorrow morning and called the Vacation club, and made my reservations that way, as I usually do.......

I don't know, maybe it's just me..
Perhaps I need to go to computer remedial training!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
mitros
86 miles from the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSea12 View Post
I just made a reservation on the old website, and have been making them over the last couple of days, no issues here.
How do you make reservations at the "old" website? When I was looking for Disney Dining reservations in the search engines, they all bought me to the new site.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

I haven't been able to get to the old site in a couple of weeks, even after clearing cookies and internet history. I was not able to make a reservation in the new website earlier today and had to call - it was saying my zip code and address were wrong with the credit card I entered. I was making a credit card backed ADR.
I did make another one successfully a few hours ago - did the same thing as earlier and didn't have a problem.
I really don't trust this new site - it pulled over several reservations that I cancelled and they are showing up as being booked. I called to confirm that they were in fact cancelled, but I don't have much confidence with all the issues arising.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
mitros
86 miles from the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiggieFan View Post
I haven't been able to get to the old site in a couple of weeks, even after clearing cookies and internet history. I was not able to make a reservation in the new website earlier today and had to call - it was saying my zip code and address were wrong with the credit card I entered. I was making a credit card backed ADR.
I did make another one successfully a few hours ago - did the same thing as earlier and didn't have a problem.
I really don't trust this new site - it pulled over several reservations that I cancelled and they are showing up as being booked. I called to confirm that they were in fact cancelled, but I don't have much confidence with all the issues arising.
THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one with these problems. Doesn't Disney run tests on their systems BEFORE they open it to the public??
Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #15
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer

The website is next to useless these days it seems. However, I did have luck making and cancelling reservations using the My Disney Experience app on my phone. If it's a credit card hold reservation though, I don't think you can do it. Hope that helps someone
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: