Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
dswatik2001
Earning My Ears

Dream Cruises

I found a lot of the criticisms and complaints here on the DisBoards to be simply exactly that one persons opinion.

Sometimes and with some people there is just no pleasing them.

We've been on the Dream twice and I must say there is nothing to complain about. All cast members are wonderful and treat you as if you are king or queen.

Both times we went our room host and dining room cast members were fabulous.

Everything was just perfect.

So don't believe every complaint or criticism you read on these boards as they are just one person's opinion nothing more.
dswatik2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #17
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I didn't think Crush himself was too loud, but the background music they played in the dining room at Animators Palate was way too loud. At least my dad will be able to hear it.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
sarbah77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
1. I didn't find the Dream or Fantasy to be TOO big. However, I avoided the pool deck whenever possible due to the crowds.

2. My Feb. 2011 Dream cruise was a month after its maiden yoyage, and our servers were trainees. However, the servers on my Dec. 2009 Wonder cruise were also pretty mediocre, so sometimes the quality of service you get amounts to pure luck.

3. I don't remember much about the show with Crush on the Dream, and I ate in Palo the night of Crush's show on the Fantasy. I will say that the general level of noise during early seating was quite high in all 3 dining rooms.
We went on the second sailing after the maiden voyage and our servers were really great and definitely not new or trainees. I suppose that simply proves the point that everyone's experience is different!

(We also avoided the pool deck, but we weren't interested in the pool, so it never occurred to us to look for places to sit!)

sarbah77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #19
DLW8
DIS Veteran

I totally agree with you. We had sailed on the Wonder and the Magic and went on the Fantasy this past September. I was worried that the ship would seem too big and I would miss the classics. We absolutely LOVED the Fantasy. My kids are not into the kids clubs, so the extra features (mid ship Detective Agency, Aqua Duck, mini golf) were fantastic additions to the ship for us.

DD likes to spend time at the pool and I never had trouble finding a place to sit at any time of the day. We also didn't think Crush was too loud, but overall the noise in the dining rooms seemed loud because they are so much bigger.

We fell in love with Enchanted Garden, and that was our favorite restaurant decor-wise.

While I would love to do another 7 night on the Fantasy, we may do a 4 night on the Dream to finish out the series of ships.

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
OrcaPotter
Lucky to be local to the Mouse

Glad you had a great time on the Dream--I loved her and am so excited to be able to return onboard in 2 weeks!

The thing with discussion boards is that what people post is their opinion. So, anyone should board a cruise ship (of any line) with an open mind, excitement for a fantastic vacation, and knowledge of criticisms with a grain of salt.

I agree with all but one of your comments. Personally, I did find the Crush show to be way too loud. My table was not near a screen; it was primarily the intermittent "stand up and dance" type moments when the fish would play guessing games, they'd ask people to stand and do whatever, etc. My family has not done Disney with small children (yet) so that honestly had no appeal to us and talking over the loud announcements and music was challenging at times. I'm looking forward to the Classic AP on the Wonder with the changing walls. That, and eventually getting to experience the different version on the Fantasy one day.
OrcaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: