Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #826
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
All I can say is I'm getting pretty good at entering my name, email, address, phone number and birth date.

Thanks, Disney, for the typing practice!
I keep the Thank You page loaded on my phone. Chrome is great about keeping multiple pages or tabs. Every morning I just go to that tab, hit BACK and then the Enter button.

Auto-fill is also a great tool for this.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #827
Pammy jo
DIS Veteran

I can't possibly go through all the posts so could someone please answer a quick question? Are they pulling a winner each day or do they pull just one time a week and then people get notified . . .I mean I need to know when to expect my package afterall!!
Pammy jo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #828
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammy jo
I can't possibly go through all the posts so could someone please answer a quick question? Are they pulling a winner each day or do they pull just one time a week and then people get notified . . .I mean I need to know when to expect my package afterall!!
In the rules it states winners are contacted within a day or 2.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #829
monkyby87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammy jo View Post
No one is for sure when exactly the names are pulled. It says they're notified within a couple of days of winning, but they might pull 3 or 4 names at a time...I know that's how they did the contest last year, so it's really hard to know at this point. But basically winners are notified soon after the day they won for has occured.

WDW - 2011
WDW - 2012
monkyby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #830
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Wow. Still no more Dis winners. I keep telling myself I will get a call on the 22nd since that is my birthday and my birthday will bring me good luck. Gotta have some kind of dream to hang on to. Plus the other day I found two coins in the parking lot. First a nickel and then a dime. Are those just as good as finding a penny? My luck usually stinks so I need all the help I can get.

For now I will just mozy along and hum.... "when you wish upon a star"
Old 01-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #831
Maleficent53
Have fun storming the castle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfans View Post
Wow. Still no more Dis winners. I keep telling myself I will get a call on the 22nd since that is my birthday and my birthday will bring me good luck. Gotta have some kind of dream to hang on to. Plus the other day I found two coins in the parking lot. First a nickel and then a dime. Are those just as good as finding a penny? My luck usually stinks so I need all the help I can get.

For now I will just mozy along and hum.... "when you wish upon a star"
NOPE---it has to be a penny! Plus, you just won 15 cents, so you used up your luck...... sorry to tell you I will now be winning the trip

1979-1983-1988-1989-1992-1993-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000---and at least once every year since!
Maleficent53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #832
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent53 View Post
NOPE---it has to be a penny! Plus, you just won 15 cents, so you used up your luck...... sorry to tell you I will now be winning the trip
Oh please say it isn't so!! I went from no luck to a little luck of winning 15 cents?? And that eats up my luck?? Guess I will have to hide in your luggage then. Get a real big suitcase... I am not petite.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #833
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevr View Post
And they lost you as a friend because of the contest and I gained you as one because of it!
You are a much better friend!

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #834
disneynan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
You are a much better friend!
You guys are so sweet. I am sad that Gantu doesn't have another winner to bond with. I volunteer!!

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #835
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynan View Post
You guys are so sweet. I am sad that Gantu doesn't have another winner to bond with. I volunteer!!
That's funny! 19 of the 60 OMDD winners formed a special friendship and we all talk daily! Even though we all live in different states, most of us have managed to actually meet. Since I live real close to WDW, I' m able to meet up with the winners who chose WDW when they take their trip.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #836
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
That's funny! 19 of the 60 OMDD winners formed a special friendship and we all talk daily! Even though we all live in different states, most of us have managed to actually meet. Since I live real close to WDW, I' m able to meet up with the winners who chose WDW when they take their trip.
That's pretty cool! How'd you all connect - was there some big event as part of the contest or just through social media networks like FB and Disboard type places?
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #837
JessiePride
Earning My Ears

Has anyone from last year written a trip report yet?
Old 01-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #838
camsmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
That's pretty cool! How'd you all connect - was there some big event as part of the contest or just through social media networks like FB and Disboard type places?
We first connected through here on the boards, and then one of us started a Facebook group for the winners because the thread herewas getting so long. As we communicated about our trip planning through Facebook, we just really got to know each other and became friends. We helped each other out a lot through the planning and waiting process so when the trips came up, if anyone had a chance to meet, we did.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #839
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post

I do have one question. I heard they sometimes send emails to the winners that may go into your spam email. If you didn't respond to the email, would they contact you another way? Or you would you lose your prize?
No answers to this so far...anybody know?

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #840
disneynan
Mouseketeer

That is amazing and quite a testament to the fact that Disney lovers are great people!

4/78 camping off-site; 6/89 honeymoon Big Red Boat + Hilton; 5/95 ASMu; 11/99 ASMo + CB; 2/03 ASMo; 11/03 POR + Wilderness Cabins; 9/04 POP(no kids); 8/05 POP (free dining); 10/06 POP (free dining + MNSSHP); 8/08 camping at Ft Wilderness; 11/09 3 night Wonder (no kids); 8/11 POP (free dining); NASN conference 6/13
disneynan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: