|01-13-2013, 05:02 PM||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2010
What are your favorites!?!
Hey everyone!!! Hubby and I are planning our December trip. We both have our favorites but want to try new places. we are also going for 9days/8nights so we want a variety! What are your favorites for signature, table services, quick services, snacks??? Thanks! Xo
|01-13-2013, 05:13 PM||#2|
My oh my what a wonderful day!
Join Date: Mar 2012
Signature: No favorites yet
1. Akershus! The food is fantastic and the staff is wonderful. The princesses are so wonderful here and, at least in my opinion, blow Cinderella's Royal Table out of the water.
2. Biergarten. This place is so much fun! I love the food and our waiter was great at suggesting various wines and beers that he thought we might like. Husband and dad liked that you could get a liter of beer here. Bavarian cheesecake and apple strudel are two of my favorite desserts in all of the parks and you can have both here as it is all you can eat! Love the polka band, as well.
3. Sci Fi. I do not think that there is a single restaurant on property that has better theming than Sci Fi. Food is pretty good, but the atmosphere is what always keeps us coming back.
4. Mama Melrose. It's mine and my husband's "place". It works for a romantic dinner for two or a nice restaurant for the family.
1. Tangerine Cafe inside the Morocco pavilion. Huge portions and great food.
2. Cosmic Ray's. Gosh help me, I love that little alien. Plus, there is such a huge menu that you are sure to find something that lights your fancy. The toppings bar really makes it excellent.
3. Tortuga Tavern. Good Mexican food for theme parks and like the atmosphere of Adventureland. Get the cookies and cream gelato because it is great.
4. Min and Bills. Hollywood Studios is seriously lacking on counter service meals. This is one of the few ones we have found that is more than just the generic foods with a pathetic excuse for a theme. There is no indoor dining, but the frank in a pretzel is very good. Husband really liked his sausage and peppers in a french roll, too.
1. Dole Whip! I get the float and I get the pineapple vanilla swirl
3. chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich
4. jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel
|01-13-2013, 05:48 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2011
signature: Jiko, Le Cellier
table service: Ohana and Yak N Yeti
quick service: Wolfgang Puck Express, Earl of Sandwich, Tangierine Cafe
snacks: Mickey Head ice cream pops and lots of stuff at: the Boulangerie Patisserie, Ghiaradelli Soda Fountain and Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.
DVC since 2006
Next trip(s): Jan 24-26 at HHI
Aug 1-8 at BWV
Last edited by lovin'fl; 01-13-2013 at 05:58 PM.
|01-13-2013, 06:37 PM||#4|
Join Date: Jul 2004
DD chose the restaurants for our stay last week:
Signature: Jiko, Teppan Edo
Table Service: Turf Club
Quick Service: Wolfgang Puck Express, Backlot Express, Mara
Snacks: Pastries and Cremé Brûlée from France, chocolate covered marshmallows from Goofy's Candy Co.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
|01-13-2013, 07:39 PM||#5|
Join Date: Sep 2011
Favorite stops for snacks are always the corn dog vendor in Frontierland and the Funnel Cakes in America in Epcot.
As for character meals, I always say it comes down to who is playing the character that day. We had a fantastic character experience at CRT - Akershus (aside from Belle) was forgettable.
'Ohana had an excellent Pluto when we went (and we loved the ambiance) but the rest of the characters were very much the 'stop for a picture, high five, and go' variety.
Garden Grill we had great characters who made multiple stops by the table in a 45 minute span.
As for food, we're easy to please, so it's very hard to disappoint us in Disney .
DH - ~ Me - ~ DS11 - ~ DS7 - ~ DD1
1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
|01-14-2013, 01:50 PM||#8|
Join Date: Jan 2008
Need some idea about who is going and what kind of experience you want.
We usually travel 3 generations to Disney so mix up the experience as well as the food.
In MK we have done Tony's but prefer Mama Melrose in HS for Italian. We have eaten at CRT but is it really worth 2TS? We do like Liberty Tree Tavern w& Ihich is family style turkey etc
EP we have done Biergarten which we liked but it can be loud. My DH & I love San Angel for atmoshere but not all like Mexican. We did try the Garden Grill last year and enjoyed the food and characters.
HS I hate SciFI, worst food anywhere and seating is odd. 50s Prime Time is great and we love Mama Melrose. We did the lunch at Hollywood & Vine and my 3 yr old GS loved it and the buffet was great.
We like to go to the different resorts so we have tried a lot of those. Chef Mickeys is great for characters, food is fine not goumet. Cape May is a buffet and if you like seafood you will like this buffet alot. We did not like Whispering Canyon food and found it very loud. We absolutely love Ohana for the food and the atmoshere. We also loved the HoopDeeDoo if you want a real fun time.
The hard part is finding new restaurants to try and to try to find food everyone will like. I find the menus on allears.net to be a great bit of help.
1983 FW, 1985 & 1986OFFSITE, 1987 FW,1988 DL, 1990 OFFSITE, 1992 CBR, 1994 POFQ, 1995 ASSp, 2005 ASMo, 2007 & 2009 POP, 2011 ASMu, 2012 ASMo, 2013 POFQ
Last edited by GrammyJudy; 01-14-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
|01-14-2013, 03:38 PM||#9|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Western Wisconsin
We love to eat, so, here goes:
Signature: Artist's Point and Jiko.
Basic Table Service: Crystal Palace because what's better than breakfast with Tigger?? Boma for the variety. Biergarten is sheer fun, and being from Wisconsin we know all the oompah songs
CS: Cosmic Ray's...the chocolate dessert....sigh
Snack: Pastries in France
Other idea: How about snacking at the bar? We had a great time having apps and a cheese plate at the bar in Animal Kingdom Lodge.
|01-14-2013, 04:14 PM||#10|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Here are my favorites:
Table Service: Narcoossee's (Signature) or Boma (Breakfast, AKL)
Quick Service: Riverside Mill (POR)
Snacks: Zebra Domes (Mara, AKL) or Mocha Cupcake (Boardwalk Bakery)
TS: LTT (lunch)
QS: Cosmic Ray's
Snack: Dole Whip Float (Aloha Isles)
TS: Le Cellier (Signature) or Via Napoli (Non-Signature)
QS: Sunshine Seasons or Pattisserie (haven't been since it re-opened)
Snack: Cloudberry Horn or Waffle (Kringla)
TS: Yak & Yeti
QS: Flame Tree
Snack: Zebra Cupcake (Kusafari Bakery)
Disney Hollywood Studios
TS: Brown Derby (Signature) or Sci Fi (Non-Sigature)
QS: ABC Commissary
Snack: Peanut Butter cupcake (Starring Rolls)
TS: Raglan Road
QS: Earl of Sandwich
|01-15-2013, 07:21 AM||#11|
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Charles Town,WV
quick services, snacks?
Yachtsmen Steakhouse (get the mac & chz!)
Brown Derby-DHS (Peachtree punch is my fave adult drink at WDW)
Primetime 50s (Ask for Marnie!)
Chef Mickey's bfast
Liberty Tree Tavern
Carrot cake cookie!!!!!!! DHS candy store by TOT or Writers stop
Storybook treats choc fudge sundae Fantasyland
Mickey ice cream bar
milk ch salted caramel-Germany
Dole Whip -Adventureland
Columbia Harbor House -MK
Kate WDWCP Spring 99-Spring 00
Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger
Check out my Disney blog!
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!
Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
|01-15-2013, 09:45 AM||#12|
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walker, LA
C/S @ Cosmic Rays - love the burgers with toppings bar
T/S @ Crystal Palace - my favs are the cold salads, salmon, and the DREAMY mashed potatoes!
Snack @ Storybook Treats - love the strawberry shortcake sundae
T/S @ Tusker House - the lunch buffet offers some yummy dishes that you don't see at the "typical" buffet
C/S @ Katsura Grill - love the Tsukemen and the azuki strawberry ice cream especially
T/S @ Rose & Crown - everything was delicious, but the stand-outs for me were the Scotch egg, the Trio of UK cheeses, and the cappuccino...one of the best I've ever had actually!
Snack @ Lotus Blossom Cafe - caramel ginger ice cream
T/S @ Sci Fi - GREAT atmosphere and the BEST fried pickles anywhere!
Snack @ Starring Rolls - the Red Velvet and Butterfinger cupcakes are HEAVENLY!
C/S @ Wolfgang Puck Express (MY ALL TIME FAV C/S) - I could comsume the Four Cheese Pesto Pizza every single day if my thighs would allow it! LOL! It's that good!
T/S @ T-Rex - although it is EXTREMELY loud, they have delicious ribs and chicken!
Snack @ Ghirardelli - Mint Bliss Sundae..."Hello Heaven! How did you get on my spoon?" Oh so good!
Just as a side note, my favorite WDW cocktail is the Pina CoLava which apparently can be purchased at numerous locations throughout the WDW. I tried one at Tusker House and fell in love
DH,DS,DD,DS,DS and Me! °o° 11/2014, 2/2014 , 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2003, 2001, 1996, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1975, 1971
|01-15-2013, 10:34 AM||#13|
Join Date: Jan 2013
QS- Columbia House
TS- Liberty Tree Tavern, for lunch or dinner
QS- Back Lot express
TS- 50's, its just a whole lot of fun!
TS- Le Chefs
It doesn't count as a snack, but I love the "adult" orange frozen drink at the France pavilion. the name escapes me...
TS- Love love love Tusker House! Especially lunch buffet
We always go with DxDDP, thats why I don't have a lot of QS recommendations.
Sept 2008- offsite, Sept 2010- Poly, Sept 2011- GF, Sept 2013-WL, Sept 2014- YC
|01-15-2013, 10:34 AM||#14|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Fave signature - Le Cellier. Love the cheese soup and pretzel bread.
Fave TS - Via Napoli and O'Hana
Fave CS - Earl of Sandwich and Riverside Mill at POR.
|01-15-2013, 10:58 AM||#15|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Illinois...Way too far away from the Mouse
Here are our favorites
- California Grill - all time favorite and a must do for each trip (sometimes we dine here twice in a trip)....love the view, service is awesome, and they have my favorite riesling wine up there .
- Narcoossee's - love the surf n turf
- CRT - this is more for the kids and even though it is a character meal, it is still considered a Signature restaurant when using the DDP. We prefer dinner over any of the other meals offered.
- Artist Point - the atmosphere is great and the food is really good too.
- Sci Fi - the atmosphere is great (love watching the cheesy old horror clips) and the burgers and shakes are awesome, one of the best on property
- Crystal Palace - have to eat here on our first MK morning before the park opens, it has become a tradition of ours. DH and I love the fact that there is a made to order omelet bar there.
- Le Cellier - Now that the lunch is going to 2 credits, not sure if it should actually be in the signature group. Anyway, love the filet, beer cheese soup with pretzel bread, and the Chocolate "moose" dessert. This too is a must do for us.
- Akershus breakfast - another tradition of ours is to have breakfast here before the park opens....the cheesy potato casserole is awesome and I really like the offerings at the cold bar
- Cape May Cafe breakfast - very quiet compared to some of the other character meals and they have a good offering of food too.
- Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian - this is a must do for my DDs and I to do while DH goes off and finds something else to do.
- Tusker House Lunch - the variety of food is great and sometimes different and the character interaction is good too.
- Columbia Harbor House - love everything about it
- Pecos Bills - both DDs and I really like the taco salad while DH likes the BBQ pulled pork
- Earl of Sandwich - everything here is wonderful and is a must do for our arrival day lunch.
- POFQ Quick Service - love the beignets there
- Dole Whip Float
- soft serve ice cream served in a waffle cone in AK (near EE)
- frozen chocolate covered bananas
- popcorn....there is something about Disney popcorn that makes it really yummy
- the chocolate/peanut butter cupcake from starring rolls cafe
- Cloudberry Horn from Kringla Bakery in Norway pavilion
- Chocolate covered strawberries from anywhere
- Frozen cokes from club cool and the ones from Goofy's Candy Co (so many flavors to choose from)
As you can see we love the food at WDW, and of course there are more TS places that we really enjoy but I didn't want to take up a whole page in your thread .
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|