Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
mickeymouse11
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Yes I do Elaine (and a SHC thats getting its final use far too soon for my liking ) but I meant before I had the AP I found the meal plans were great, especially if you are budget conscious or going for the 1st time. I remember the initial shock at meal prices
I think it gives you more freedom with your spending money.
ahh you've made me doubt now. I like the idea of paying upfront then i wont worry about money budget when im there but then again i dont want to be out of pocket and eating at the most expensive place so i get the most from my vouchers.

So you rekon you can easily eat a dinner (apart from inventions,auberge, cafe mickey) for 31E or less. Were staying 7 nights so will need eating recomendations for 4 of these nights
mickeymouse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,295
DISboards Moderator

so do you mean its value as in budgeted in advance, rather than a saving in monetary terms? I can understand that, but would it be a more flexible option to put the dining plan money on a pre-paid travelcard instead and use that to pay for your meals wherever you've planned for at DLP?
__________________
Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
mickeymouse11
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
so do you mean its value as in budgeted in advance, rather than a saving in monetary terms? I can understand that, but would it be a more flexible option to put the dining plan money on a pre-paid travelcard instead and use that to pay for your meals wherever you've planned for at DLP?
a bit of both, will have a talk with all parties see what they rekon. thanks for your help
mickeymouse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #19
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,295
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse11 View Post
ahh you've made me doubt now. I like the idea of paying upfront then i wont worry about money budget when im there but then again i dont want to be out of pocket and eating at the most expensive place so i get the most from my vouchers.

So you rekon you can easily eat a dinner (apart from inventions,auberge, cafe mickey) for 31E or less. Were staying 7 nights so will need eating recomendations for 4 of these nights
An adult can have a main course and a drink at Cafe Mickey for about 25 euros (the portions are generous).

There are quite a few better value options for dinner, off the top of my head -
Cafe Mickey as above
La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village (all you can eat buffet)
Annettes Diner - they have a menu for less than 20 euros for a main and a dessert.
Rainforest Cafe again, main course and a drink (again generous portions as I recall) for around 25 euros
Plaza Gardens in the main park (may be open for dinner if you're there when the main park closes at 8pm or later).
Beaver Creek Tavern in the Sequoia Lodge hotel, here you can choose a full 3-course, or a 2-course, or just a main course, the main courses are under 20 euros.
If you're staying at the Santa Fe or Cheyenne, they have their own buffet dinner restaurants, again well under 31 euros per adult.
If you want a big lunch rather than a big dinner, you have more choice - Agrabah Cafe in the main park and Restaurant des Stars in the studios, both around 25 euros per adult, full buffet and soft drink. Walts and the Blue Lagoon do express lunch menus for around 20 euros per adult, includes one main course and a Cafe Gourmand (coffee or tea of your choice plus 3 mini-desserts). The Silver Spur steakhouse in the main park also has a set menu for less than 30 euros per person I believe.
__________________
Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #20
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86
 
kizzabel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
so do you mean its value as in budgeted in advance, rather than a saving in monetary terms? I can understand that, but would it be a more flexible option to put the dining plan money on a pre-paid travelcard instead and use that to pay for your meals wherever you've planned for at DLP?
Yes! Thats what I mean! I'm not putting my thoughts into words very well tonight sorry! (Just started packing so I think thats why I'm addled!) Thats a great idea. I suppose at the time we first went my bank here didn't offer debit cards and there was only one prepaid card only after being released so I wouldn't have thought to do it that way. That could be a good idea for our next trip though. Thanks for the tip. That would be a better option then the meal plan too although the last card I had was hard to check balances on (needed to have internet access) so you would have to be taking note of how much you'd spent.
__________________

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May *** Disneyland Hotel - November

Upcoming Trips:
2015 Kyriad/Newport - March 2016 Sequoia Lodge - January
kizzabel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #21
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,295
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Yes! Thats what I mean!
I'm not putting my thoughts into words very well tonight sorry!
(Just started packing so I think thats why I'm addled!)
Thats a great idea. I suppose at the time we first went my bank here didn't offer debit cards and there was only one prepaid card only after being released so I wouldn't have thought to do it that way. That could be a good idea for our next trip though. Thanks for the tip. That would be a better option then the meal plan too although the last card I had was hard to check balances on (needed to have internet access) so you would have to be taking note of how much you'd spent.
yey I saw your SDD . Have a fabulous time!
__________________
Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun, December 14 HNY
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.