Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Need help picking a value

So DH and I have some unused air travel funds that *have* to be used by 2/28... so I figured why not surprise him with a trip to Disney. We've had a rough year personally, and just had to cancel our big winter cruise trip (we take annually with our best friends) because our cat was diagnosed with cancer and his vet bills make Disney look cheap

That being said, I have access to a 40% off discount at the value resorts. We're going down for a quickie 4-day/3-night trip.

We could get Music or Sports for $222, or Pop Century for $244. The $22 difference certainly doesn't break the bank, but the thrifty/cheap/Dutch part of me says "well, that $22 could pay for lunch for 50% of your trip"

Music is my last choice option. I've stayed there twice before, and that's two too many times

If it makes a difference, DH has always wanted to stay at Pop, but this obviously won't be our last trip ever. He's also suggested staying at ASSP before when we travel for the marathon, so I know he would be happy with either choice.

I was originally looking at renting DVC points since the cost would be comparable to the spring room-only offer... but then miracle of miracles I got a discount offer! So I'm trying to re-adjust my line of thinking back to value and I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it.

So sell me- Pop? All Star Sports? All Star Music?

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
stargazertechie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: