Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Girlie1
DIS Veteran

Stateroom near Elevators on Dream

I am a first time cruiser and will be travelling with my DS13 and DS9. We were assigned to stateroom 9543 for our cruise in late June. There was one review which said the room was quiet (which is great) and close to elevator. When I looked it up on the stateroom map it looks like it is right across from the elevator. I was wondering if anyone stayed in a stateroom in a similar location on any deck and if being that close to the elevator was a problem (meaning noisy). I am a light sleeper and once stayed at VWL in a room right next to the elevator and could not stand listening to it all night. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Jane1967
Disney Dreamer

Have always chosen a room away from elevator for the same reason as you...light sleeper. It actually doesn't matter where I am, I can hear the noise. We have brought our sound machine every cruise to drown out the hallway noise. May want to think about using one of those. It REALLY helps out!

Disney Wonder February 2009
Disney World February 2009
Disney Wonder June 2009
Disney Dream June 2011
Disney Fantasy March 2013
Disney World May 2014
Disney Fantasy May 2015
Jane1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I just sailed on the Fantasy in December, and my cabin was *right next to* the opening for both the elevators and the Enchanted Gardens MDR. I never heard a thing. It always shocked me when I got out of the very short corridor between my cabin and the common area, just how *noisy* the area was, and just how *little* of it I ever heard. Seriously. Now maybe deck 2 is the only one they sound-proofed like that, but I have my doubts. (The corridor was short, but S-shaped, and I guess that made all the difference!)

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
tallygirl
Mouseketeer

We were in 10524 on the Dream last fall, which is right at the opening for the forward elevators and didn't hear a thing. Loved the location.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
faith&ali'smom
Earning My Ears

On our first Disney cruise several years ago on the Magic, our room was by the elevator and we didn't hear anything! It was a great experience. We have since been on 4 other Disney Cruises and loved them all!
faith&ali'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

We were on 6542 on the Dream, right by the elevators. The rooms are set back from the elevator waiting area so we never heard anything. Loved the location!!
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

We intentionally choose cabins right at the elevator lobby. One cuz we like the convenience, and 2 cuz we decorate our door and every time we get turned around, like walking fwd instead of aft, port side instead of starboard, so our door decorations remind us we're going the right way.

Occasionally I've heard people talking in the hallway but it wasn't during sleeping hours so it was no big deal. Maybe if I planned to nap every day or went to bed before 9 I'd feel differently.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Girlie1
DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the responses and easing my mind. I am so excited for our first cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: