Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #301
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
2ed grade must be the age for Legos. I remember being her age and being into then
yes, lots of kids in her class were asking for them this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Kindle fire is so cool I am sure both girls are loving it
The are having a ball with them.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #302
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! We tend to sleep in a bit on Christmas too now a days. My mom sleeps in the most and my brother and I have a new tradition of sending the dog in to wake her up, because she NEVER gets mad at the dog lol. Your Aunt Mary sounds like a riot being all impatient on getting her photo book. Such a wonderful gift idea. My mom always makes a photo calendar for his sister and all my cousins. It is always a hit as well.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #303
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Luvin all the pics
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #304
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! We tend to sleep in a bit on Christmas too now a days. My mom sleeps in the most and my brother and I have a new tradition of sending the dog in to wake her up, because she NEVER gets mad at the dog lol. Your Aunt Mary sounds like a riot being all impatient on getting her photo book. Such a wonderful gift idea. My mom always makes a photo calendar for his sister and all my cousins. It is always a hit as well.
Too funny, blame the dog for being impatient.
My Aunt Mary is great. She is very giving and funny and truely loves being with her nieces and grand nieces. She will take Claire and Alexis for playdates and overnight parties sometimes. And they come home loaded up with sugar and cranky from lack of sleep. Abby loves Aunt Mary too, and she calls her Murry. I laugh every time I hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Luvin all the pics
Thanks. We did have a good Christmas. The bad thing is, Claire has everything she could ever want, so I guess no more Christmas' for her!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #305
bitlerzx4
DIS Veteran

I always love your TR's!

March 2001(just us) October 2008 (as a family of 4) December 2011 Dream/WDW October 2013 Fantasy Cruise

bitlerzx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #306
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Hi Jen! I followed you over from my TR this morning and am now all caught up. What a great trip with Claire so far! I'll be reading along for sure.

Just me and my girlÖa very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #307
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Goodness, Santa really was busy with your extended family. I am glad that they loved their photo books. I know how much work you put into them.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #308
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlerzx4 View Post
I always love your TR's!
Awww. Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hi Jen! I followed you over from my TR this morning and am now all caught up. What a great trip with Claire so far! I'll be reading along for sure.
Hi and welcome to my slow going TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Goodness, Santa really was busy with your extended family. I am glad that they loved their photo books. I know how much work you put into them.

Corinna
Yep, I have spoled kids!
I wish I had more time to work on them, but for the time I did have, I am pretty happy with the books.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #309
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After our failure at trying to get the sword out of the stone, we moved on.

I did a quick check to see if we could get into the new Fantasyland, but it was still a no.

I did ask them for a shot though, as they had the cutest outfits on.

So we headed off to Storybook Circus.

We had been lucky to already visit parts of this last spring when we spent the day here on our Universal trip, but more has been added since then. Only 1 Dumbo was running and Barnstormer was up and going then as well. This time around it was pretty much completed, though I suspect that more may be added or enhanced in the next year or two.

We got in line for Dumbo. The wait wasn’t too long.

This was the first time we went into the tent with the interactive stuff, which we passed by and just glanced at.

I still haven’t gotten the gist of how this works. I guess you can ask to play and then you get a pager when it’s your turn to ride? Correct me if you know how this works exactly. Anyways, just passing by this play area, it was unimpressive to us. The first thing Claire said was that it looked like it was for babies. And I have to agree. It really seemed to be more geared towards younger children, not for the very mature 7 year old with me! LOL But again, we only glanced in and we might have missed something good.

The longest part of our wait was actually back outside, so in all the wait time in whole was not bad at all.

And then it was our turn.

Claire gave me strict instructions! She would be controlling the flying and I was not allowed to touch it at all. I told her she better get us up high, as I wanted to take pictures. She failed!

For some reason she just wasn’t getting us very high. I did find out one disturbing thing. They planted trees all around this ride. TALL trees!!!! It’s impossible to get any shots of the rest of the park with trees in the way. I gave up on that idea real soon.

When we got off we walked over near the new splash train.

I am not impressed with this either. Now on a very hot summer day, I am sure Claire would like it, but for the rest of the year, I could see her getting wet and then complaining all day long about being wet. If you plan to visit this area, bring along another outfit to change into as kids appeared to be getting soaked!

Claire wanted to ride Barnstormer next. I don’t remember the posted time, but I do remember the line looked longer than I cared for, but we still jumped in.

The theming in the queue is very cute.

We stalled out for a few minutes so I looked back and took another shot of the train.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #310
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

And we got moving again.

These would provide shade on a hot sunny day Ö.though not much.

I believe at some point in time I texted Carey and asked if they wanted to sit together and watch the late parade and she said sure.
Also another co-worker of mine, Stephanie, was at the World this week as well. She had spent the day at Epcot with her son and some friends. She was coming over for the party and had just arrived. So we were sending texts back and forth as well. We planned to meet up at some point too. We had never officially met in real life yet, as we both do our jobs from home and online, so though we talk daily, we have never seen each other face to face.

More theming.

And finally it was our turn.

I tried to get a few shots as we were rolling all around.

Itís fun, itís fast, and itís way too short.

As we walked off I got this shot of a car going up. I thought it was neat and I had a poser in there Ösee the guy smiling for me!

I am still kind of curious what they will end up doing with this area.

Right now it has fast pass machines for Dumbo and Barnstormer. But itís a big area for just that. And when the new system takes over I am not sure if it will be needed for that anymore either.

We headed towards Peteís Silly Sideshow and for a moment I had a brain freeze and couldnít remember what this area was for. Then it dawned on me Öcharacter meets!

And we came across some water art too.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #311
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Great update!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #312
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I love those American Girl dolls. I have two of them, Felicity & Elizabeth. Looks like Claire really cleaned up at Christmas. My grandaughters got bow & arrow stes from me. Merida made that impression on them. That's allright, they can shoot arrows with Grandma!

The Kindle will be fun for the girls. I've been playing with my iPad today, my son gave me his old one. His cat knocked it off the couch & the screen now has a hairline crack in it. It works fine & I'm happy!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #313
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Great update!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I love those American Girl dolls. I have two of them, Felicity & Elizabeth. Looks like Claire really cleaned up at Christmas. My grandaughters got bow & arrow stes from me. Merida made that impression on them. That's allright, they can shoot arrows with Grandma!

The Kindle will be fun for the girls. I've been playing with my iPad today, my son gave me his old one. His cat knocked it off the couch & the screen now has a hairline crack in it. It works fine & I'm happy!
What an awesome gift. That would be fun. We did archery in gym class in highschool and I loved it.

My Aunt Mary dropped one of their ipads and it cracked the screen too. Be careful because alexis was playing with it and got a glass sliver. Maybe put one of those clear screen covers on it.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #314
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I LOL'd at Claire saying it was for babies.
Kadence wasn't interested in going in at all, so maybe she had similar thoughts.

I see the tall trees and I know they out them there on purpose just to interrupt our photo taking!

We had discussed the barnstormer, but the circus area took all of her attention.

Nothing worse than a wet cranky child
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #315
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Jen even the ones taken on the non-high flying Dumbo. I love all of the new theming in the Storybook Circus area even if they did have to do away with my namesake portion of the park.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: