Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
ailish
Earning My Ears

Question Half board option - please help, booking now and confused!

We are planning on going in June half board - 2 adults, 2 kids but one child is under 3 so isnt included when we select the half board option.

Does anyone know what happens when we go for meals as obviously she will need fed and dont want to go half board for rest of us and spend a fortune on her?

Thanks - booking tonight hopefully so a quick reply would eb brilliant.

Thanks again
ailish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Does "half board" mean the quick service dining plan?

Kids under 3 can eat off parents' plates, in general.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
MarkF0wle
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailish View Post
We are planning on going in June half board - 2 adults, 2 kids but one child is under 3 so isnt included when we select the half board option.

Does anyone know what happens when we go for meals as obviously she will need fed and dont want to go half board for rest of us and spend a fortune on her?

Thanks - booking tonight hopefully so a quick reply would eb brilliant.

Thanks again
I don't know I understand what you get for half-board, but that aside. Generally those under 3 can share of off plates at the table for no extra charge. But if you order a meal just for them it will not be covered by the plan.

If I am wrong I am sure somebody will jump in & correct me.

Disney's All-Star Sports / Disney Dream Cruise / Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - April 2015
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort - May 2014 | Disney's Old Key West Resort - May 2013
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - May 2012 | Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa - May 2011, August 2010, August 2008 | Bahama Bay Resort - August 2006
Resident's Inn - August 2002 | Double Tree Resort - August 2004, August 2001, August 1999, August 1997 | Fantasy Villas - August 1996, August 1993, April 1991
MarkF0wle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

"Half board" is not a term that is used in the US or at WDW. You will have to explain what that includes (as you understand it) compared to the QSDP or the DDP. Then we can help you with more definitive answers.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Are you planning to book a trip to the United States (Disney World or Disney land in California) or a trip to Disneyland Paris. I know Paris has the half board plan, but as minnie mum says - it's not a term used in the United States so we would need a clearer description of what meals would be included.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The "half-board" at Disneyland Paris has no equivalent at WDW, especially as the Paris entitlements are affected by the Hotel you are staying in.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

As it appears this post is regarding an option available at Disneyland Paris, moving to the Disneyland Paris board.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
HFJohnson
DIS Veteran

If you eat at buffet restaurants then your 3 year old can have their own plate for free. For table service restaurants what you get seems to vary though, with under 3s mostly being offered something like a plate of chips or rice. I've never done it though so don't speak from experience.

BTW the hotel you stay in doesn't affect the dining plan you have. You can stay at the DLH and have a standard or plus dining plan if you want to, or vice versa.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Are you sure you want a dining plan at DLP? They are restrictive and they're not really good value for money anymore.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
disney_rocks_86
Seeing Disney through the eyes of our very own Disney Princess

We have used to half board plus option last year for adults and our 2 year old at the time - they get some food for free some Just chips and a drink - but in cafe Mickey a full children's meal
For free, we got half board last time and now for our next trip in march as it means that all food is paid for pretty much as that's what costs a heck of a lot when you get there. On the meal plan its a full 3 course meal (half board plus) plus drink and is a lot of food so we use them most for lunch (late - after a big SL breakfast) then had a snack for tea. They don't work for everyone but they work for us!

disney_rocks_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
mickeymouse11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
Are you sure you want a dining plan at DLP? They are restrictive and they're not really good value for money anymore.
Dont you think there good value? i was thinking about getting the plus meal plan. The must places i want to eat are Inventions, Cafe Mickey and Auberge and i'll use them at face value there.

Is the current price still 31E half board plus?
mickeymouse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse11 View Post
Dont you think there good value? i was thinking about getting the plus meal plan. The must places i want to eat are Inventions, Cafe Mickey and Auberge and i'll use them at face value there.

Is the current price still 31E half board plus?
if you're using them at face value, you'd be better just not bothering and paying for the whole meal when you're there, wouldn't you? I mean you're not saving a penny doing that are you ?

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 01-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

I'll jump on the band wagon here and say I think they are good value.
Its great to have your meals already paid for and lets be honest that is the most expensive part of a holiday at DLP.

I find if you use them at face value then you arent restricted to having to eat off the set menu and also having to eat 3 courses. Yes you will have to put money with them at the dearer places but they are as cost effective as you make them.

I find I'm watching the pennies if I havent got meal vouchers, saying that this time we have a meal budget plan done out (with huge help from Disboards restaurant review threads) and we'll see how this works out. I'm an impulse spender though anyway so it'll be interesting!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

kizzabel don't you have an AP, so you'd get meal discount of 10% anyway ? Or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

eta - are you a shareholder too? Isn't your 15% shareholders discount better than any meal plan vouchers saving?

Elaine
Old 01-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Yes I do Elaine (and a SHC thats getting its final use far too soon for my liking ) but I meant before I had the AP I found the meal plans were great, especially if you are budget conscious or going for the 1st time. I remember the initial shock at meal prices
I think it gives you more freedom with your spending money.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: