Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
g8torphan
Mouseketeer

Tusker House lunch or Garden Grill dinner?

Will be there in May and can still get in at either during my trip.
Looking for a good character experience for my 3yo and good food would be nice!

Thoughts on either or both?

Magic Kingdom 2.2.13 Magic Kingdom 5.17.13 Epcot 5.18.13 Animal Kingdom 5.19.13
Magic Kingdom 2.25.12 Hollywood Studios 5.17.12Magic Kingdom 5.18.12 Animal Kingdom 5.19.12

DIS Dad's Club Member # 698
g8torphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
cruella23
Earning My Ears

I enjoy both, so I'm not much help... I prefer the character interaction at Garden Grill. The tables at Tusker house are close together and the characters "pause" for a picture, but don't always interact much. The last time we were at garden grill, Mickey sat down at our table and the chipmunks stopped a couple times. It was close to closing, so it wasn't super busy, though. I do like the variety of food at Tusker house. You can try something a little different but there is still items everyone likes.
cruella23 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

They are both good and you really won't go wrong with either. I would do either again!

I personally favor Tusker house a little bit more. I like buffets and enjoy being able to pick and choose what you want to eat. The day really worked out well for us, going for breakfast and then afterwards doing the Safari ride at AK.

Our Food was good at both, Characters spent good time with us at both. Waiters were good at both. Of course at Tusker house all they really had to do was bring our drinks. They take pictures at Tusker house and our wait for a table was a little longer than at Garden Grill.
At Tusker house the characters come around to each table and they also line up with the children (like a train) and dance around the room a little.

I think the one thing that hurts the Garden Grill for me, is that we usually eat at the Sunshine Seasons at the land. We wouldn't want to eat at both(lunch & dinner) in one day. Because it's alot of food from both places (for one day)and it would be in the same place again.

That being said my daughter liked the Garden Grill because she didn't have to worry about getting up with her son and fixing a plate. She hates buffets & she said it felt good to be waited on for a change! Our waiter did a great job!

I wanted to add you may enjoy the privacy the Garden Grill offers. When the characters and your waiter come around to the section your eating in(ours was more private) its just you and the characters. You have them more to yourself. No one is sitting on all four sides of your table like they are at Tusker house. I would compare siting at the tables at Tusker House like at Cracker Barrell and Garden Grill we were in a booth.

My grandson enjoyed the Breakfast at Tusker house(he likes breakfast food) and loved getting up with the characters. But he also enjoyed Garden Grill and the anticipation of what character was coming around the corner next to our table!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 04-22-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Tusker House

Old 04-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Tusker House

Old 04-22-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill

Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill

Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 AM   #8
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I agree that you really can't go wrong with either. I do prefer the food and atmosphere at Tusker House, but Garden Grill is not bad. I would do whatever fits into your schedule best.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
pugs05
Earning My Ears

I loved The character interaction at Garden Grill. At Tusker house I was scared to get up to get food scared we would miss the characters plus with a three year old I'm not a fan of having to take them through the buffet line. Too much don't touch the food for me.
pugs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #10
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Love both! Of course we prefer breakfast at Tusker House. So if you are choosing between lunch there or GG. I would pick GG.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: