Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #1171
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Hurricane Hannah's update!
DH and I booked a last minute weekend trip. We booked and 19 hours later flew out to use up our expiring free air tix. We are staying at the swan on points so no BC but we went to crew cup lounge last night and asked about HH. The bartender said the work is done and they are in the process of stocking it. He said sometime this week is what they are hearing !
On a side note we watched some of the marathon today.... Amazing

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 01-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #1172
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy
DH and I booked a last minute weekend trip. We booked and 19 hours later flew out to use up our expiring free air tix. We are staying at the swan on points so no BC but we went to crew cup lounge last night and asked about HH. The bartender said the work is done and they are in the process of stocking it. He said sometime this week is what they are hearing !
Great news! Thanks for sharing. We leave in 5 days, so I'll cross the fingers!!

Can anyone tell me if the sofas in the BCV studios are full or queen sized?
GF- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF- December 2011, AKL & GF- February 2007, BWI- February 2006, AKL- February 2005, Polynesian- February 2004, WL & Polynesian- November 2002, BC- February 2002, CR- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #1173
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

What play is your daughter doing? My 11 year old son is doing his first middle school play, Pom Pom Zombies. The show looks really fun. Unfortunately, he won't be performing in the spring musical for our regular theatre group. They are doing Aristocats and although he didn't audition, he was cast as Napoleon the dog. But the rehearsal schedules were going to be too much, so he passed on that show

My daughter's school is doing the Wizard of Oz. The funny thing is that my daughter is really tall and she is also a girly girl who loves fashion, makeup, shoes and all things "pretty"....and she was cast as one of the tough kid munchkins in the lollipop guild. Remember those munchkins from the movie with the scowls who sing and do those funny little kicks? Yup, that will be her!! Needless to say, my 10 year old son is VERY excited to see his big sister play the role of a BOY in the play. My daughter, on the other hand, is convinced she can rock the striped tights and suspenders look! She is also a polisher in OZ, in charge of polishing the tin man before he meets the Great and Powerful Oz. Lots of rehearsals, but should be fun!

Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #1174
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

We loved GV CL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
So, I was wondering if going GV for BC CL is actually not desirable, as I have read that there are only 5 of them, and that one of those is handicapped accessible (thus, an awkward layout) and then the others are adjoining, thus noisy????

I understand that all BC GV CL rooms do have full balconies though....can someone clarify this???
We stayed in a GV CL in 2011 and loved it. If they are still the same rooms, they were down a short hall to the right of the concierge desks- short walk to the lounge. Our room was 5636 and it was next to a big suite at the end of the hall. Ours was not adjoining and it was not HC accessible. It had a large daybed. They all had dormer balconies at the time.

I would have picked GV CL this time but they are no longer allowing families of 5 in these rooms. I was pretty bummed.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #1175
Brit17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPantherfan View Post
We stayed in a GV CL in 2011 and loved it. If they are still the same rooms, they were down a short hall to the right of the concierge desks- short walk to the lounge. Our room was 5636 and it was next to a big suite at the end of the hall. Ours was not adjoining and it was not HC accessible. It had a large daybed. They all had dormer balconies at the time.

I would have picked GV CL this time but they are no longer allowing families of 5 in these rooms. I was pretty bummed.
What was the view like? ... Thanx
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #1176
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, ok!!! But, sounds like maybe the rooms are changed....because a dormer balcony is not a full balcony, right?

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #1177
eyes4eeyore
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Oh, I was going to call and ask to upgrade to GV since it's not that much $. I guess that's out since were a family of 5. Oh well. It's the Beach Club...
2013 Beach Club

My Happy Place? The Beach Club!!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #1178
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

to this thread and the DIS!!!

I hope you are able to convince the family to upgrade!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on page 1.

First time at US/IoA? Where are you staying? My family visited in 2011. If you want to read about it, the Welcome Foolish Muggles trip report in my signature is about that trip.

I'm glad some people responded to you about the beach.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so excited to a part of the DIS! I was able to convince my mom to upgrade to club level, but keeping it a surprise for my hubby! Only 132 days to go and I can hardly wait... So much planning yet to do.

We haven't decided where we are staying yet for US/IoA. This will be our first time there. Our travel agent recommended the Sheraton that is within walking distance, but we are also considering staying on site. Thanks for the trip report about your stay. I'm looking forward to reading it!

Thanks, also, to all those that responded to my questions about beaches. I'm thinking that we are going to have to check out several of them, since they all sound great!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #1179
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Is the website true for a garden or lagoon view club level it only sleeps 4 and an infant now instead of 5 plus infant. I can book a standard view club level for us but I really wanted a better view
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #1180
eyes4eeyore
Mouseketeer

Thanks for adding us to the guest list!!!!! SO excited!!!
2013 Beach Club

My Happy Place? The Beach Club!!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #1181
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
A standard room will give you two queen beds. Almost all the studios have one queen bed and a sofa sleeper. The studio also has a microwave, which the room does not. The standard room is a little nicer room. It is what we prefer. But if the idea of a sofa bed and microwave appeal to you, then go for the studio.
Thank you so much . I don't think we'd use the microwave and the sofa bed isn't important either, so I guess we'd be better in the standard room, are we allowed to visit the quiet pool at the villas or not?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #1182
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Lots of questions about the BC CL GV rooms.

This is the info I have. There are 8 or 9 rooms in this category. Either one or none have a daybed, which is why they can only be booked for families of 4 (plus child under 3).

As some of you have noted, this category can't be booked for families of 5.

I don't have any details in my notes about how many of these rooms are connecting or handicap-accessible.

Quote:
Oh, ok!!! But, sounds like maybe the rooms are changed....because a dormer balcony is not a full balcony, right?
This exchange was a few pages back. A dormer balcony refers to the roof over the balcony. I didn't know that until reading the response from Wood Nymph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
The second picture by Natebenma shows a full size balcony:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Those are perfect pictures of the three balcony types. :The dormer balconies are on the top floor with the dormer roof over them. The picture on the right is the dormer patio. You can tell by the solid front half wall. A regular balcony would have a rail. And the Juliette or princess balcony is just a rail in front of the door. For some reason they designed the building with a whole floor of Juliette balconies. I suppose it makes the building look less cluttered.

Quote:
So, I was wondering if going GV for BC CL is actually not desirable, as I have read that there are only 5 of them, and that one of those is handicapped accessible (thus, an awkward layout) and then the others are adjoining, thus noisy????

I understand that all BC GV CL rooms do have full balconies though....can someone clarify this???
See above.

All BC CL GV rooms DO have full balconies.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes4eeyore View Post
Oh, I was going to call and ask to upgrade to GV since it's not that much $. I guess that's out since were a family of 5. Oh well. It's the Beach Club...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
Is the website true for a garden or lagoon view club level it only sleeps 4 and an infant now instead of 5 plus infant. I can book a standard view club level for us but I really wanted a better view
As noted, unfortunately, families of 5 are no longer able to book the BC CL GV category.

And, BUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajfamily View Post
Any suggestions for garden view rooms? We have stayed at BC serval times and have been water/pool view. Have a favorite room for that level but no idea for garden view. Thanks!
Anyone have suggestions for Garden Room views at the Beach Club (I don't think necessarily only CL). I think I have heard others say they like the volleyball courtyard view. I think if you request a woods view, or facing EPCOT, you will be close to Secret Entrance/Exit location (around room 1501) and will be very close to EPCOT.

Input from guests who have stayed in garden view rooms appreciated! Pictures if possible

Last edited by natebenma; 01-14-2013 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 AM   #1183
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Thank you so much . I don't think we'd use the microwave and the sofa bed isn't important either, so I guess we'd be better in the standard room, are we allowed to visit the quiet pool at the villas or not?
Ziggy!

Yes, any guests of the Yacht & Beach Club resort and Beach Club Villas may use any of the quiet pools. There are quiet pools located at the villas, Beach Club and Yacht Club, plus Stormalong Bay, of course!

Let us know when you book a trip!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #1184
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Thanks for the update. We're coming down Thursday morning, and have set time aside for a pool day on Sunday. It wouldn't be the same without HH! My DD, Hannah, will be relieved that her favorite QS, cause of the name of course, will be open.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD dancing in XMas parade taping
Old 01-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #1185
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
My daughter's school is doing the Wizard of Oz. The funny thing is that my daughter is really tall and she is also a girly girl who loves fashion, makeup, shoes and all things "pretty"....and she was cast as one of the tough kid munchkins in the lollipop guild. Remember those munchkins from the movie with the scowls who sing and do those funny little kicks? Yup, that will be her!! Needless to say, my 10 year old son is VERY excited to see his big sister play the role of a BOY in the play. My daughter, on the other hand, is convinced she can rock the striped tights and suspenders look! She is also a polisher in OZ, in charge of polishing the tin man before he meets the Great and Powerful Oz. Lots of rehearsals, but should be fun!
Great show!!! That was actually the first community theatre performance my boys did, back in 2009. At the time, my older son was involved too. They were both flying monkeys.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: