Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #1636
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Oh no, time to play catch up again! You girls get chatty at the most inconvenient times

Jeanette - hope you had a good day of running around and maybe are home resting tonight, but knowing you, you are most likely at work

[
I was recovering from work I think Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
It's Disney Diet time!!!

Well, I will be starting said diet on Sunday...and hope to lose 30 pounds (about 2 lbs per week) by the time of my trip! Wish me luck, or join in if you will!
I'm with ya Candace, Week 1 I am 4 lbs. down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Don't give-up on the Deluxe room - no one knows better than us that people cancel and change all the time
Very true!!! Still at the Cabins??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Happy Friday RCers! Hubster flies home today, yay!
Hope you had a FAB weekend with DH home!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I like your itinerary, wookie, but it did make me feel like I might need a nap at some point!
My goodness..ME TOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Just stopping in for a quick hello and a hug for all of you. Yay for your hubs coming home, Ginny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACamm View Post
Sooooooo is this board for people who cant make up their mind with which resort to stay at???
This would be the place!!! CSR gets rave reviews here! Although I am not a mod lover...I enjoyed Pop much more than CBR..WL and AKL are just

Quote:
Contemplating an epic change.....

Sometimes I hate it when I mention something and hubby just says YES....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Keep us posted....

And I am sorry, I didn't mean to use the "B" word!!

Jen the Poly pic...if that doesn't get Candace....WOW

And I am glad the visit with Nana went well. It will help everyone to find peace, (even if not with one another) if they can say their goodbyes and spend some time with her before she passes

Quote:
The funny thing is that I was actually considering Poly for our April trip depending on the AP discounts I say go for it. You ever know gay tomorrow will bring and the is what you really wanted since the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
True, true, very true!

My apologies to everyone, I can't believe I was 5 pages behind, I am slacking off....but never fear I am constantly thinking of vacation....A big to all, and if I missed a post (I am sure I did) it was not intentional...PROMISE!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #1637
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Happy Sunday!!!

So, I called CRO and they only had LV CL at the Poly (as has been the case for awhile now). I wasn't crushed though, so it's all good.

Still contemplating YC CL possibilities though...of course.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #1638
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Sunday!!!

So, I called CRO and they only had LV CL at the Poly (as has been the case for awhile now). I wasn't crushed though, so it's all good.

If it is meant to be, it will be right?? Have a wonderful Sunday all, we are off to swimming lessons.

Oh I just wanted to share, I dropped my middle DD's snowpants off to her at school the other day. Before I had a chance to knock on her portable door, she opened it and said "Oh Hi Mommy!". I asked her how she knew I was there, and she said she could read my mind. DH said "Ok, read Mommy's mind right now, what is she thinking??"

She stared hard up at the ceiling with huge wide eyes, and said "Chewbacca....Mommy is taking me back to Disney to meet Chewbacca!"

Sometimes my children freak me out.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #1639
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Sunday!!!

I was disappointed, but also relieved that I wouldn't be spending more money. I know that statement only makes sense to a RC'R.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #1640
padawans
DIS Veteran

Ok I got my GV CL room at Poly. I had to push things back a day, but I got 4 nights at Poly Cl GV and 6 nights at YC GV Cl. The vacation feels perfect nowIt's the opposite of last May which was 6 at Poly and 4 at YC. Should I switch from RPR to HRH?????

I haven't added up the cost yet, but I think I'm done. Probably should have picked up that OT shift today., but it's church day.

I'm off to church now. Everybody have a happy Sunday.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #1641
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Ok I got my GV CL room at Poly. I had to push things back a day, but I got 4 nights at Poly Cl GV and 6 nights at YC GV Cl. The vacation feels perfect nowIt's the opposite of last May which was 6 at Poly and 4 at YC. Should I switch from RPR to HRH?????

I haven't added up the cost yet, but I think I'm done. Probably should have picked up that OT shift today., but it's church day.

That does sound perfect!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #1642
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sounds great!! Congrats on CL Poly!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #1643
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Good morning! (well just about afternoon here)

Jen – I love the pic of DD in the hammock! It is simply Poly perfect! As for DD reading your mind, OH MY! That is TROUBLE, LOL!

Wookie – I sent you a FB message with my friend’s response, she said basically the same as what you read that it is a lot of camera that most don’t need. I hope you find the one you want. I haven’t even been bringing my camera lately just my phone, but I think I will bring my point and shoot for this trip for balcony pictures

Jeanette – so what are the latest plans for the summer vacation

Candace – sorry Poly wasn’t available, but you never know what will pop up

Padawans – YAY! Glad you got the split you wanted!!! Sometime perseverance pays off!

I_heart – how has your weekend been so far?

Well hoping for a quiet day here today, DS is doing homework, DH and DD are outside and I am waiting to start some baking until DS is done, he needs 100% quiet

And of course our house will turn into a crazy football home at 4:30pm…GO PATS

Melissa

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 01-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #1644
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
If it is meant to be, it will be right?? Have a wonderful Sunday all, we are off to swimming lessons.

Oh I just wanted to share, I dropped my middle DD's snowpants off to her at school the other day. Before I had a chance to knock on her portable door, she opened it and said "Oh Hi Mommy!". I asked her how she knew I was there, and she said she could read my mind. DH said "Ok, read Mommy's mind right now, what is she thinking??"

She stared hard up at the ceiling with huge wide eyes, and said "Chewbacca....Mommy is taking me back to Disney to meet Chewbacca!"

Sometimes my children freak me out.
That's too funny!!!! You haven't told them yet, have you???
Quote:
I was disappointed, but also relieved that I wouldn't be spending more money. I know that statement only makes sense to a RC'R.
I know exactly what you mean!!! Had there been a room, I know I wouldn't have had the willpower not to book it. At least I don't have to dish out anymore money!!!

Quote:

Congrats!!!!! We just got back from church....I may or may not have added a prayer for a Poly GV CL room to pop up for me too...

Quote:
Good morning! (well just about afternoon here)

Jen – I love the pic of DD in the hammock! It is simply Poly perfect! As for DD reading your mind, OH MY! That is TROUBLE, LOL!

Wookie – I sent you a FB message with my friend’s response, she said basically the same as what you read that it is a lot of camera that most don’t need. I hope you find the one you want. I haven’t even been bringing my camera lately just my phone, but I think I will bring my point and shoot for this trip for balcony pictures

Jeanette – so what are the latest plans for the summer vacation

Candace – sorry Poly wasn’t available, but you never know what will pop up

Padawans – YAY! Glad you got the split you wanted!!! Sometime perseverance pays off!

I_heart – how has your weekend been so far?

Well hoping for a quiet day here today, DS is doing homework, DH and DD are outside and I am waiting to start some baking until DS is done, he needs 100% quiet

And of course our house will turn into a crazy football home at 4:30pm…GO PATS

Melissa
GO PATS!!!!!!!!.

4:30 can't come soon enough!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 01-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #1645
pas130
DIS Veteran

Janet is back!!! Landed safely about an hour ago. Sorry ladies I've been at work
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #1646
padawans
DIS Veteran

Pas Work is nuts right now. It's the busiest winter I have seen in a while. We are short everyday. Than nurses call off because they're physically exhausted, and then we're short again....and the cycle continues. Friday we had to close the ED completely.

MM I have the advantage of being able to move things up or back a day or two. Sometimes that's all it takes to get what you want. I would keep calling. People will cancel or they will open up more rooms at a discount if they are not being filled. I have had pretty good luck 1 to 2 months out. YC and BC club levels are good. The lounges are just small. Poly and Wl were better. I give the edge to Poly because of location, and the kid options. They have a section just for the kids with PBJ, chicken nuggets, corn dogs etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #1647
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pas Work is nuts right now. It's the busiest winter I have seen in a while. We are short everyday. Than nurses call off because they're physically exhausted, and then we're short again....and the cycle continues. Friday we had to close the ED completely.

MM I have the advantage of being able to move things up or back a day or two. Sometimes that's all it takes to get what you want. I would keep calling. People will cancel or they will open up more rooms at a discount if they are not being filled. I have had pretty good luck 1 to 2 months out. YC and BC club levels are good. The lounges are just small. Poly and Wl were better. I give the edge to Poly because of location, and the kid options. They have a section just for the kids with PBJ, chicken nuggets, corn dogs etc.
There is a BC CL available (GV) but I had read somewhere that there are only 5 of those and that one is handicapped accessible so has an awkward layout and then the others are loud, because they are adjoining....do you know if that's the case???

PAST TRIPS:
Old 01-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #1648
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is a BC CL available (GV) but I had read somewhere that there are only 5 of those and that one is handicapped accessible so has an awkward layout and then the others are loud, because they are adjoining....do you know if that's the case???
Our room was adjoining and loud. We were in SV CL at BC. BC is probably my least favorite resort. Do they have SV CL at YC? I really don't think the view is that big a deal. You will be at the park or the pool most of the time. I would choose a SV at YC over GV at BC. The only time I have used my balcony is when we have been upraded to a LV.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #1649
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our room was adjoining and loud. We were in SV CL at BC. BC is probably my least favorite resort. Do they have SV CL at YC? I really don't think the view is that big a deal. You will be at the park or the pool most of the time. I would choose a SV at YC over GV at BC. The only time I have used my balcony is when we have been upraded to a LV.
There is nothing CL at YC right now, but typically yes, they do have SV. I just can't get excited about BC CL because all of the main issues I have read about it would be issues for me.

I'm just going to hold onto my YC GV room because I'd prepare tone at YC and I'll call and if something opens up than yay! But if not, my wallet won't be mad.

The only two CL's I would be interested in is YC or POLY.
I could do a YC GV and Poly LV CL split....

PAST TRIPS:

Last edited by Mousemommy1; 01-13-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1650
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Sorry but I have to interrupt for a minute....Candace get off the Dis....the Pats need you right now

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: