Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #31
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

What will our Limited Time Magic weeks be?

I am so curious what our Limited Time Magic Weeks will be!

I have been curious about several things:

#1 - What will our Limited Time Magic Weeks be (We are there for the last 2 weeks of June) ?

#2 - Will the RFID Annual Passes be ready at this time?

#3 - Will Fastpass + be available at that time to Annual Pass Holders or DVC Members?

I am looking forward to seeing how all of these play out. I am also curious about how far along the construction will be on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It will be interesting to see how things progress. I love the constructions time lapse videos!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #32
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

PTR Plans for Pre-Disney Saturday 6/15/2013!

PTR Plans for our Pre-Disney Stay at DTD - Saturday 6/15

After our full day of driving from Indiana to Disney on Friday, 6/14

We have plans to sleep in at the Hilton Garden Inn that we checked into the day before; we will be staying the night again.

The Plan is to let everyone catch up on sleep. Get dressed and head to Downtown Disney!

In the event one of the members of our family gets the grumpy ugly monster hunger pains, we have snacks and I believe the hotel has a small breakfast with cereal and milk.

We have plans to have lunch at:

Cooke’s of Dublin:

We have never had lunch at Cooke’s of Dublin. I have wanted to give it a go several times. Aaron & Allison love fish & chips. I really like everything on the menu at Cooke’s of Dublin. Shawn wants to try the battered burger. Fried yumminess!

I was originally planning to do a bit of window shopping at DTD. I really think this will not work out for us. I am assuming we take our time waking up and getting dressed. I do not think we will make it to lunch until around 1pm. There will be no time for DTD shopping!

After we eat lunch, the plan will be to head to the TTC. Where we will park our van in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and head to TTC to get our DVC PAPs and our TIW card.

Then, it will be time for a ride on the Ferry!
I can’t wait to see my favorite place in the world. Disney World! I love the seven seas lagoon. The view of the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and the Monorail! It is gorgeous!

I am assuming that by the time we arrive at the Magic Kingdom it will be around 3:30pm.

We have 3 goals for this evening!

#1 Ride Pirates of the Caribbean – POTC will be closed for a few days during our vacation for a quick rehab from 6/17/2013 - 6/20/2013. I want to get a few rides in before it closes down for those days.

#2 Eat at Casey’s Corner – We love the Ball Park Nachos and the Corn Dog Nuggets. Add Plastic Cheese and we are in heaven! I am sure there will be a few sweet treats along the way.

#3 Watch Wishes and take in the night time brilliance that is the Magic Kingdom. I love to see all the glory of all the beautiful lights, buildings, lamp posts and most of all Cinderella’s Castle in colorful twinkling lights! There is no place on earth I would rather be in that moment in time. I really can’t wait to potty in the Tangled theme bathroom at night!

After we are finished here, we are heading back to the Hilton Garden Inn to catch some Zzzzs.......!

More PTR plans to come......!!!

Good-Bye for now!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013

Last edited by AlohaAnnie; 03-28-2013 at 01:27 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I just followed your link and I'm really curious about the Limited Time Magic...

Also will be really curious about your trip... & what those beginning weeks of June are like...

I probably won't be able to do the first week of June but the second would be a possibility for us...

You got some really great ADRs

Love Via and Raglan and Boma... haven't done Crystal Palace at all but going to try it for Breakfast next July and possibly Yachtsmen...

So you did really well... great variety...

Funny that you had to tell the CM that you couldn't make ressies till the next day...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #34
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I just followed your link and I'm really curious about the Limited Time Magic...

looking forward to receiving more information about Limited Time Magic!

Also will be really curious about your trip... & what those beginning weeks of June are like...

I probably won't be able to do the first week of June but the second would be a possibility for us...

We have gone several years end of May beginning of June and it is wonderful. We have been the third week of June and it is really starts to heat up. We do not have a choice but to go the last 2 weeks of June 2013 because of DS Marching Band Commitments, I would rather go the last week of May first and/or second week of June (Our favorite time to go).

You got some really great ADRs - Thank You!

Love Via and Raglan and Boma... haven't done Crystal Palace at all but going to try it for Breakfast next July and possibly Yachtsmen...

So you did really well... great variety...

Funny that you had to tell the CM that you couldn't make ressies till the next day...

Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #35
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

~~ Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is having a Merry Magical Day! ~~

Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #37
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hope your christmas was magical for you and your family too...
Thank You! and Happy New Year 2013!

Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #38
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Disney Planner and 30 day countdown chain

June 2013 Disney Planner & 30 day Countdown Chain!

In the past I have just used a plain white binder, notebook, or clipboard as our Disney Planner for our trip. It has always worked. Well, I came across the crafty side of this board and WoW! There are some really crafty people, who gave me some wonderful ideas. Thank You!

A little back story on this:

My son plays the trombone in his High School Marching Band. This past fall was his second marching season. I received a call asking me if I wanted to be what they call a Box Mom.

Box Mom is defined as this for DS High School Band - We keep the uniforms and kids organized. We make sure they have the right color of socks, shorts, tshirt, and their marching shoes on dress days. We also assist them at Band Camp and practices, food, supervison, water, medical assistance. One of our Box Moms is a Nurse, which is very helpful and comes in handy. We supervise them at Contests and we travel with them on buses.

Here is the part that relates to how I became a bit crafty! A Box Mom also makes encouraging cards for the kids. These cards are like scrapbook pages. I was schooled in this by my fellow Box Moms. At first, I was so scared that I actually cried! Haha! Now, I can laugh at this because Thanks to those wonderful ladies, I am now capable of being a bit crafty myself.

Here is one of the cards us Box Moms made for the marching band kids for encouragement:
Front

Back

I covered up the words of encouragement on the back (tells too much information for a public message board). These cards are laminated, cut out with cricuts, there are a total of 20 Box Moms just for the Marching Band and More for the Guard. 4 of them get together and plan these cards. Amazing to me!

Anyway, to get onto what I want to show everyone!

I decorated my Planning Binder and made a Countdown Chain! Here are some photos:

Front of The 2013 Planning Binder:

Back of the 2013 Planning Binder:

The Spine of the 2013 Planning Binder:

The Whole 2013 Planning Binder Spread out:

Here is the countdown chain:

I haven't finished it yet, I ran out of double-sided tape. Below are my supplies waiting for double sided tape to finish the countdown chain.

I just realized, I can be crafty after years of thinking I can't be crafty!

Yay!

Last edited by AlohaAnnie; 02-05-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #39
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I am excited about Limited Time Magic, The January Sweepstake, and Year of the Ear!

DD and I had planned to buy Ear Headbands to wear to every park durning this trip and maybe a few extra. We really enjoyed wearing our Animal Ear Headbands during our last trip.

Bring it on!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #40
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

List of Supplies for our Trip

This morning I decided to start my packing list. It is just a start and I am sure I will add more items to it.

Cleaning Supplies

Antibacterial (bleach) Wipes - check
Lysol Spray - check
2 Small bottles of bleach
4 Trash Bags - check

Beauty Supplies

Antibacterial Wipes for Hands & Face
Sunscreen - check
Sunburn Spray
2 bathroom wipes
toothpaste
toothbrush - check
mouthwash
flossers
shampoo/conditioner
Shaving Cream & Razors
2 bars of soap
Hair brush/Styling brush - check
Hair bands/clips/barrettes - check
hairspray - check
face cleaning supplies (proactiv) - check
cotton pads
make-up - check
nail polish & remover - check
nail clippers/nail file - check
Feminine Products (Just in case) - check

Medications

Prescription - check
allergy meds - check

pain relief
Tums

Electronics

Laptop - check
cameras - check
cell phones - check
all chargers & cords - check

Clothing

Since we have a washer & dryer our entire trip we are bringing less clothing.
laundry soap - check
fabric softner sheets - check
color catching sheets - check

note: all items per person

4 shirts - check
4 shorts - check
1 jacket - check
socks and other things - check
flips flops - check
sneakers - check

swim trunks - check
swim suits - check
crocs for pool - check
cover ups - check
hangers for swim suits - check

Breakfast & Snack Items for Room

individual cereals - check
toast - bread
peanut butter
goldfish
pringles
cheezits
mini vanilla waffers
twizzlers
5 - (24 pack) cases of water - 2 per day per person

Comfort Items

pillows & blankets - check
stuffed animals - check

I am sure the list will grow

Update:

I forgot Pool Fun Items:

2 buckets with shovels
small pool balls for throwing
and Pool Noodles!
Because we are driving I can buy these before we leave.

Last edited by AlohaAnnie; 04-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #41
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Hi! I followed your over here from my PTR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
It is official!!!

We are staying at BCV-1 bedroom villa for the first half of our holiday 6/16-6/22

&

We are staying at BLT-1 bedroom lake view villa for the second half of our holiday 6/22-6/28

Congratulations on getting the resorts you wanted. Extending days and getting the 1br!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
On Friday, June 14, 2013 we are leaving our Indiana Home for Our Disney Home in Orlando, Florida.

We will be leaving early in the morning and driving straight to Orlando. We will be staying at an off-site hotel in DTD. DH job requires travel, he builds up hotel points through Hilton. These points allow us to stay at Hilton Hotels for free. We use these points for vacation travel or for a weekend get away. We have also used them for our anniversary stays. It is a nice perk!

DS recently turned 16. He did not take a Driver's Education Class, we have downloaded all the books from the Indiana BMV for him to study. He has not studied one book and appears uninterested in driving. We do not get it.

With some encouragement, we are hoping he will get his permit or license before heading to Disney, so that he can practice driving on the interstate.

We will arrive at Disney this day! So excited! The next morning we have to move to another DTD Hotel Resort!

My son didn't have any interest in getting his license either. At least it saves on insurance money until then!

Love your countdown chain and the book. You are very creative!

I cringed when I saw you cancelled an ADR for BOG. We loved eating there! Ate there for lunch and dinner during a passholder preview. That restaurant is just beyond words. The whole New Fantasyland is just amazing.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #42
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

One... Love that you're a box mom...I don't have any experience with Marching Band but a plethora of other activities and I know how much work goes into keeping these activities going for our kids...

Two...I may steal your packing list and personalize it for my family... So thanks for posting that...

Three...I love your countdown chain and planning binder... Good Stuff...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #43
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Hi! I followed your over here from my PTR.

Congratulations on getting the resorts you wanted. Extending days and getting the 1br!

Thank You, so excited about this one. I have been doing too much daydreaming about how beautiful both are but it is good daydreaming.

My son didn't have any interest in getting his license either. At least it saves on insurance money until then!

I guess I can look at it as saving insurance money, that is a positive.

Love your countdown chain and the book. You are very creative!

Thanks!

I cringed when I saw you cancelled an ADR for BOG. We loved eating there! Ate there for lunch and dinner during a passholder preview. That restaurant is just beyond words. The whole New Fantasyland is just amazing

I am a bit disappointed but we are returning to Disney year after year so we will eat there eventually.

Welcome & Thanks for Joining me!

Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #44
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One... Love that you're a box mom...I don't have any experience with Marching Band but a plethora of other activities and I know how much work goes into keeping these activities going for our kids...

Thanks, I really enjoy being a box mom, it is not always easy because it is a lot of time but it is very rewarding helping the band members and being there for them.

Two...I may steal your packing list and personalize it for my family... So thanks for posting that...

I am sure I forgot something for the packing list and I will add to it, in fact just added Shaving Cream and Shavers. Please steal it, I can't help but make lists.

Three...I love your countdown chain and planning binder... Good Stuff...

Thank you! It was fun making it and picking out the paper and items needed to make it. I am thinking about decorating another binder just for the fun of it.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #45
curlyq7171
Earning My Ears

Love the countdown chain and planning binder.

It must be something with the kids these days. My son had no desire to drive either when he got his license. Preferred to just ride his bike or walk over to friends in town. Not complaining...

We are an Indiana family heading down this June too. We are going down for my son's graduation from HS trip. First time in June, first time at any mod resort, CBR (for first part of trip, ?? for second part so far), and for 2 weeks. Wanted to make this a long trip because we figure it will be the last for quite some time as my son starts at Purdue in the fall.

Me (Marnie), DS (Dakota) (18)

Mar '94 - Off Site, Mar '95 - Off Site, Nov '98 - DTD: Grosvenor Hotel, Jan/Feb '00 - ASMo, Nov '02 - ASMo, Nov '07 - ASMo, Oct '10 - Pop, Oct '12 - Pop, Jun '13 - CBR/??/ASSo/POFQ
curlyq7171 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: