Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #31
Kassidysdad
Mouseketeer

I sent you a PM SugarPlumFairyUK
Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #32
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarPlumFairyUK
Hi Li Li I called up the restaurant direct to try and make a reservation (I was transfereed by Dis dining as apparently reservations are made direct with V&A, expect it's because V&A is not on the DPlan) and was advised of the closure by the cast member at V&A's ..... it probably hasn't been formally announced. He said they were updating the kitchen so it is temp, but unfortunately when we wanted to go!
Oh, ok. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry about that for you and best of luck!
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #33
littleolliesmom
Earning My Ears

The newly remodeled senses spa is open at GF. Im a therapist there and the couples massage is wonderful. The spa is beautiful. You have that option
littleolliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:06 AM   #34
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleolliesmom View Post
The newly remodeled senses spa is open at GF. Im a therapist there and the couples massage is wonderful. The spa is beautiful. You have that option
Hi littleolliesmom - yes they said that as the Saratoga Spa and gym facility is closed we could use those at the GF. It is just so much more convenient to have them close by though. Apparently they are providing additional transport to ferry guests wanting to use the gym. However, it means that a 30 minute workout will probably use up 90 to 120 mins taking into consideration the return journey and any wait time. This for me is a waste of valuable Disney time!
SugarPlumFairyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #35
brucerob62
Mouseketeer

me and my wife had olive garden on honeymoon night...great food...didnt have dessert until later...and alot cheaper..her choice not mine,,its the company not the atmosphere that counts. Good luck in whatever you choose.
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #36
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

Our wedding dinner was at Bistro de Paris in EPCOT. Very romantic.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #37
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
me and my wife had olive garden on honeymoon night...great food...didnt have dessert until later...and alot cheaper..her choice not mine,,its the company not the atmosphere that counts. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Thanks brucerob62
Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #38
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
Our wedding dinner was at Bistro de Paris in EPCOT. Very romantic.
Hi mattsdragon I looked at that option but it is no longer bistro de Paris it is Monsieur Paul's and the reviews are not good sadly....
Old 01-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #39
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerob62 View Post
In all the years we've being going to Orlando (and the US generally) we've never tried OG! I understand it's part of the Red Lobster chain? and we love the RL! Not as up market as OG though? We particularly like the one at the Crossroads in Buena Vista
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #40
blueiis99
It's Disney Magic, you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by massmickeypal View Post
We had a similar experience a few years back. Several of our venues were unavailable. We spoke with reservations and they made arrangements for alternative special moments. While not our vision, they were truely special. For us it was diner at Bistro de Paris in France and special viewing of illuninations.

If you can swing the money we think nothing is more magical than a boat cruise to watch "Wishes". For an elegant experience The Grand 1 serves full menus or you can rent a pontoon boat and have desert and champagne while watching the fireworks. They even pump the music onto the boat and the view is amazing! These links provide a few details.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestb...e_grand_1.html
http://allears.net/btp/illum.htm

Hope this helps - good luck
I'm glad you posted this.. I was going to suggest to her that she call the reservations line, and tell them her situation, and see if there was something they could do. I'm sure that DSisney will assit in coming up with something that will be special for your special moment.

I wish you and your spouse to be a wonderful life together filled with many happy memories, and blessed times to come!

Me: Jeanne DH: Jay DD 27 Sydney DD 25 Jessica DD 14 Aliyah
blueiis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #41
Phil Cirrone
Mouseketeer

Victoria & Alberts

Thanks for the heads up.I also was planning on a special dinner there in the begining of June.
I feel that nothing compares to Victoria & Alberts
Phil Cirrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #42
kungaloosh22
Mouseketeer

SugarPlumFairy, I do hope you find a suitable replacement for your V&A meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Cirrone View Post
Thanks for the heads up.I also was planning on a special dinner there in the begining of June.
Phil, you should still try for that. I was a bit confused by this thread because I made reservations for V&A only a few days ago (online reservations) for early May.

As it's too late right now to be calling V&A tonight to learn more about the closure dates, I poked around with online reservations and found tables available for lots of random dates in May and June. However I can't find anything available from June 30 through July 24 (though I didn't try every single evening), and the calendar is grayed out after July 24 (6 months out).

My guess is that the planned closure starts June 30.

Last edited by kungaloosh22; 01-26-2013 at 01:56 AM.
kungaloosh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #43
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungaloosh22 View Post
SugarPlumFairy, I do hope you find a suitable replacement for your V&A meal!

Phil, you should still try for that. I was a bit confused by this thread because I made reservations for V&A only a few days ago (online reservations) for early May.

As it's too late right now to be calling V&A tonight to learn more about the closure dates, I poked around with online reservations and found tables available for lots of random dates in May and June. However I can't find anything available from June 30 through July 24 (though I didn't try every single evening), and the calendar is grayed out after July 24 (6 months out).

My guess is that the planned closure starts June 30.
Thanks for checking this out - we were told that the restaurant closes June 30th and that there's a full kitchen refurb. As I have a reservation with Disney I'm able to check ahead and know that V&A is unbookable right up to at least July 24th ....
Old 01-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #44
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiis99 View Post
I'm glad you posted this.. I was going to suggest to her that she call the reservations line, and tell them her situation, and see if there was something they could do. I'm sure that DSisney will assit in coming up with something that will be special for your special moment.

I wish you and your spouse to be a wonderful life together filled with many happy memories, and blessed times to come!
Thank you Blueiiss99 ... we managed to book private dining on the advice of Kassidysdad. To be honest I would have preferred V&A as was looking forward to the opulence and surroundings (private dining is outside) but figure I'll work on our first anniversary meal being at V&A's .....
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #45
SugarPlumFairyUK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Cirrone View Post
Hey Phil - it is still open until June 30th .....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: