Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #286
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,184

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It's been a bit hectic here too. Can't imagine why? I am stil ltrying to catch back up once again on many TR's. I just did one long on this morning, and I felt like I accomplished something. I am in the middle of another and yours is on the list next!
You should have plenty of time on those trips of yours to try one, so no excuses next time!
Not much to catch up on on my TR, Jen, I didn't have that much time.

Just had to , when I read that the 60 day check in was announced on the DIS updates. So releaved I did not "miss" it.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #287
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,459

Awww, the girls were so excited about meeting one another and then go all shy on ya'll. That's the way kids are sometimes though. Heck, even us adults get that way.

Gosh what I wouldn't give to have one of those Dole Whips or Orange thingies right now! I'm going to make sure that I have at least two or three next trip.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #288
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Not much to catch up on on my TR, Jen, I didn't have that much time.

Just had to , when I read that the 60 day check in was announced on the DIS updates. So releaved I did not "miss" it.
Well that makes me feel better. I decided that my desk area needed organization so thats what I have been doing instead of reading today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Awww, the girls were so excited about meeting one another and then go all shy on ya'll. That's the way kids are sometimes though. Heck, even us adults get that way.

Gosh what I wouldn't give to have one of those Dole Whips or Orange thingies right now! I'm going to make sure that I have at least two or three next trip.
They are such silly kids. But at least this wasn't their only meet of the trip.

I could go for one too. I bought orange cream icecream last night and pineapple juice. It's good, but not the same! And probably doesn't help my diet.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #289
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
YES! I actually like the orange one slightly better. The first one I got last spring was the orange and Claire and I loved it. Then my husband took a bite and asked what it was, so he went off to get one, but he just asked for a float and got the pineapple, so we tasted his and it was really good too.
Now that I think about it, I have to run to the store. Maybe'll I'll get some orange icecream and pineapple juice and make one tonight. Not nearly as good, But Claire will LOVE it.
I'm curious to taste it that way. Maybe next time?

Sounds like a good treat for Clair. Enjoy!
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #290
Beth D
DIS Veteran
 
Beth D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northern Ohio
Posts: 676

Love the pics and halloween decorations! I'm not sure if I told you, but I had to go to LA for work in November, and we managed an evening at DCA & DL. We got to see all the XMAS decorations as it was right before turkey day. I'm going back out in 2 weeks, may have to snag another visit!

Do you use orange ice cream, or orange sherbert? DH makes shakes with the sherbert and OJ.
__________________
Beth D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #291
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,322

Great photos around AKL.
Claire has the same birthday as my brother.
The Disney on Ice show sounds like fun but Abbey would have been in the longest time out of her life. I cannot tolerate that behavior in public.
Your Christmas Eve was like eating at Teppan Edo. LOL. Looked good.
Nice view from the room.
Great pics of the decorations.
Sounds like you had a great Dismeet.
Dole Whips = YUM!!!
I am all caught up again. Really enjoying the report.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #292
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm curious to taste it that way. Maybe next time?

Sounds like a good treat for Clair. Enjoy!
It's pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Love the pics and halloween decorations! I'm not sure if I told you, but I had to go to LA for work in November, and we managed an evening at DCA & DL. We got to see all the XMAS decorations as it was right before turkey day. I'm going back out in 2 weeks, may have to snag another visit!

Do you use orange ice cream, or orange sherbert? DH makes shakes with the sherbert and OJ.
Ooh, you lucky bugger!
I use orange icecream

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great photos around AKL.
Claire has the same birthday as my brother.
The Disney on Ice show sounds like fun but Abbey would have been in the longest time out of her life. I cannot tolerate that behavior in public.
Your Christmas Eve was like eating at Teppan Edo. LOL. Looked good.
Nice view from the room.
Great pics of the decorations.
Sounds like you had a great Dismeet.
Dole Whips = YUM!!!
I am all caught up again. Really enjoying the report.
It's funny how my sister is, because with her other daughter, she would've been in so much trouble, and she was a much calmer kid, but Abby is miss wild chick and I guess my sister feels this was less wild than normal?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #293
PlumDragon
Earning My Ears
 
PlumDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 55

Hi, Jen! I'm a total newbie as far as posting, but I've been lurking on the trip reports board for awhile.

Just had to post and say that I love your trip reports and photos ... I went back and read your previous Dream trip report and it has me really excited for our cruise in Februrary! Can't wait to read the rest of this one!

Oh ... and I LOVE Claire's Mad Hatter costume in that first picture you posted!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me, DD13, DS5

WDW | ASMu | August 2005
DLR | offsite | August 2008
WDW | Pop | March 2012

1st Cruise ... February 2013
PlumDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #294
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumDragon View Post
Hi, Jen! I'm a total newbie as far as posting, but I've been lurking on the trip reports board for awhile.

Just had to post and say that I love your trip reports and photos ... I went back and read your previous Dream trip report and it has me really excited for our cruise in Februrary! Can't wait to read the rest of this one!

Oh ... and I LOVE Claire's Mad Hatter costume in that first picture you posted!
Welcome! Thanks for posting and reading along too. Hopefully I will be posting about my Dream stay here by Feb. I just seem to have a heck of a time getting pictures edited and posted. Plus I am writing a TR about my cruise on the Magic in Sept too. Two TR's at the same time is just not an easy thing to do I have found out. I am trying to devote a bit more time to the other one right now, so I can finish it up and be done with that and work solely on this one then. It's a good plan in theory!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #295
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,264

I'm gonna go off topic again. I'm gonna post a few pictures from Christmas day.

I woke up early, but Claire sure loves to sleep in. Paige and her boyfriend stayed the night as well and Paige was up fairly early as well. I made her wait to wake Claire up, which was hard for Paige to do. She's still a big kid at the age of 20. I walked outside for a minute taking garbage out and came in to find Paige in Claire's room. Paige sears she heard noises in there, but I am pretty sure she snuck in there and made the noises herself. LOL

Once Claire got up, she went right to the presents. I know people do Christmas differently at each home. Our tradition is a few gifts from Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve, but Santa comes overnight and brings the majority of things.





Legos were a big hit this year.



We just think Merida is so darn cute.



Early in the unwrapping Claire unwrapped a hat and accessory kit for an American Girl doll. I made the comment, "oh wow, now your new doll has a few more things." But Claire was too wise and told me that this stuff did not belong to Marie-Grace, but to her friend, so then she proceeded to look for any box that was the size of an American girl doll. And she hit the jackpot!





After Claire was done with all her goodies, Paige and Jordan opened their gifts from us.



A new Dooney purse for Paige. She is a bit of a purse-aholic.



We had a bit of a downer moment then. Paige was in charge of bringing rolls to my parents house and as her and Claire were playing a new wii game, she realized she never got them. She was so worried that she ruined Christmas. I told her all would be OK, but she took off and went in search of some. But of course hardly anything was open and she opnly could find a gas station open in the town near us, and they had none. All was fine, Christmas was NOT Ruined, but she felt bad. My one sister, Amanda, actually made these stuff crescents, so those worked out great as a replacement for rolls anyways.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #296
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

From Kadence;

I can't believe we were there at the same time!

We didn't get pictures either because it was too long a wait and I was ready to see if Claire liked my bracelet.

I didn't know what to say because I didn't know her. You guys talked all about Disney stuff before so we didn't know what to say.


Great Christmas haul! Kadence knew something was up at Grandmas, after opening every accessory the you can buy for McKenna and not have opened her yet.
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #297
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
From Kadence;

I can't believe we were there at the same time!

We didn't get pictures either because it was too long a wait and I was ready to see if Claire liked my bracelet.

I didn't know what to say because I didn't know her. You guys talked all about Disney stuff before so we didn't know what to say.


Great Christmas haul! Kadence knew something was up at Grandmas, after opening every accessory the you can buy for McKenna and not have opened her yet.
Awww. The hit it off later though. Took a little pushing, but it worked.

Claire was no dummy either. She knew there had to be another doll and she was right. I couldn't beleive how smart Santa was to get her the "friend" to Marie Grace.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #298
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,264

More off topic .....

After our morning, we headed over to my Moms house. Before most of the other guests arrived, we exchanged gifts with Michael, who actually arrived a bit later than I thought her would.





We got Michael a Kindle Fire and he was pretty darn excited about it.



Skip usually arrives right before we eat. he uses the excuse of working with the cows, but I think he just likes to spend as little time as possible over at my families house. LOL





I got Abby an American Girl doll too. She wasn't too excited, but the hat was a hit.





A new sleeping bag for Claire.



Claire and Alexis both got Kindle Fire HD's. Claire was slower opening hers because she was busy popping bubble paper. They were a big hit with both girls though. I am still not sure why the HD version is supposed to be better. it has a camera, but not a very good one and it only takes pictures if you are facing the screen. And the actualy tablet is bigger, but the screen itself looks to be the same size as my kindle fire. But it is still used quote a bit and we have a couple of happy girls.



This next picture from left to right has my Aunt Laura, (the one who thinks we are all foolsih for going on a Disney cruise), Aunt Mary (who went on the cruise with us), and a family friend, Mary G. Aunt Laura is opeing the photobook I made of the cruise/WDW vacation. Even though she and my sister Amanda didn't go, I made each one as well. She just rooled her eyes when se saw the cover photo of all of us in our matching shirts. Aunt Mary whipped the book out of her hands and her and mary G looked it over.



Later my Dad opened the one to my parents and so my Aunt Mary then knew everyone was getting one and she pulled hers out and said she wasn't waiting her turn and so everyone else opened theirs as well. I must say the book was a big hit. They loved the photo choices and the memories it had.
My sister Gail told me that she was hoping and praying that I was going to make something like this. I told her that I wanted to, and that was one of the reasons I had been pushing her for the cruise CD, as I knew I wanted the group photo for the cover. Her husband Rob just said "you guys need to communicate a little more". LOL

We had a great day, with lots of gifts (my family goes overboard) and it was long and tiring and I ate way too much.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #299
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,133

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib
I'm gonna go off topic again. I'm gonna post a few pictures from Christmas day.

I woke up early, but Claire sure loves to sleep in. Paige and her boyfriend stayed the night as well and Paige was up fairly early as well. I made her wait to wake Claire up, which was hard for Paige to do. She's still a big kid at the age of 20. I walked outside for a minute taking garbage out and came in to find Paige in Claire's room. Paige sears she heard noises in there, but I am pretty sure she snuck in there and made the noises herself. LOL

Once Claire got up, she went right to the presents. I know people do Christmas differently at each home. Our tradition is a few gifts from Mom and Dad on Christmas Eve, but Santa comes overnight and brings the majority of things.

Legos were a big hit this year.

We just think Merida is so darn cute.

Early in the unwrapping Claire unwrapped a hat and accessory kit for an American Girl doll. I made the comment, "oh wow, now your new doll has a few more things." But Claire was too wise and told me that this stuff did not belong to Marie-Grace, but to her friend, so then she proceeded to look for any box that was the size of an American girl doll. And she hit the jackpot!

After Claire was done with all her goodies, Paige and Jordan opened their gifts from us.

A new Dooney purse for Paige. She is a bit of a purse-aholic.

We had a bit of a downer moment then. Paige was in charge of bringing rolls to my parents house and as her and Claire were playing a new wii game, she realized she never got them. She was so worried that she ruined Christmas. I told her all would be OK, but she took off and went in search of some. But of course hardly anything was open and she opnly could find a gas station open in the town near us, and they had none. All was fine, Christmas was NOT Ruined, but she felt bad. My one sister, Amanda, actually made these stuff crescents, so those worked out great as a replacement for rolls anyways.
2ed grade must be the age for Legos. I remember being her age and being into then
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #300
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,133

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib
More off topic .....

After our morning, we headed over to my Moms house. Before most of the other guests arrived, we exchanged gifts with Michael, who actually arrived a bit later than I thought her would.

We got Michael a Kindle Fire and he was pretty darn excited about it.

Skip usually arrives right before we eat. he uses the excuse of working with the cows, but I think he just likes to spend as little time as possible over at my families house. LOL

I got Abby an American Girl doll too. She wasn't too excited, but the hat was a hit.

A new sleeping bag for Claire.

Claire and Alexis both got Kindle Fire HD's. Claire was slower opening hers because she was busy popping bubble paper. They were a big hit with both girls though. I am still not sure why the HD version is supposed to be better. it has a camera, but not a very good one and it only takes pictures if you are facing the screen. And the actualy tablet is bigger, but the screen itself looks to be the same size as my kindle fire. But it is still used quote a bit and we have a couple of happy girls.

This next picture from left to right has my Aunt Laura, (the one who thinks we are all foolsih for going on a Disney cruise), Aunt Mary (who went on the cruise with us), and a family friend, Mary G. Aunt Laura is opeing the photobook I made of the cruise/WDW vacation. Even though she and my sister Amanda didn't go, I made each one as well. She just rooled her eyes when se saw the cover photo of all of us in our matching shirts. Aunt Mary whipped the book out of her hands and her and mary G looked it over.

Later my Dad opened the one to my parents and so my Aunt Mary then knew everyone was getting one and she pulled hers out and said she wasn't waiting her turn and so everyone else opened theirs as well. I must say the book was a big hit. They loved the photo choices and the memories it had.
My sister Gail told me that she was hoping and praying that I was going to make something like this. I told her that I wanted to, and that was one of the reasons I had been pushing her for the cruise CD, as I knew I wanted the group photo for the cover. Her husband Rob just said "you guys need to communicate a little more". LOL

We had a great day, with lots of gifts (my family goes overboard) and it was long and tiring and I ate way too much.
Kindle fire is so cool I am sure both girls are loving it
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: