Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #16
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r4evr View Post
It looks like there is only 1 show they day we we are going. DD does not stand in line well. Even if we arrive right before the show, we are still guaranteed a seat, right?
No. If crowds are heavy, they will open up the reserved seating area to anyone a little before the show starts. I think you still beed to be there 30 minutes or so before the show. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a couple years for us.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #17
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Even if we arrive right before the show, we are still guaranteed a seat, right?
No.

About a half hour before showtime, they open up the reserved section and begin seating the public there. So to get the benefit, you must show up before then. It's suggested you get there at least 45 minutes before the show starts.

"Reserved seating" doesn't mean there is a seat waiting for you. They rope off a section, and for awhile before the show you must have a package voucher to sit in that section. But eventually they do open it up for guests without package vouchers. On crowded days, if you show up a minute before showtime even with a package voucher, you could wind up in standing room.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #18
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

The new website lists the F! package as this:

Select Your Restaurant and Meal

Dining packages for The Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano are available for lunch or dinner and include one (1):

Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

I know the new website is totally screwed up but did they really remove the appetizer from the package? This makes it appear less appealing, at least to us.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
The V Gang
The V Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered

Dining packages for The Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano are available for lunch or dinner and include one (1):

Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

I know the new website is totally screwed up but did they really remove the appetizer from the package? This makes it appear less appealing, at least to us.
Last time we were at MM for the fantasmic package was nov. 2011. It came with a n entree and dessert. I much prefer an appetizer (we enjoy dessert all day ...lol). Also, I thought I read a thread that said Disney came out with special limited menus for fantastic package customers.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #20
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
No.

About a half hour before showtime, they open up the reserved section and begin seating the public there. So to get the benefit, you must show up before then. It's suggested you get there at least 45 minutes before the show starts.

"Reserved seating" doesn't mean there is a seat waiting for you. They rope off a section, and for awhile before the show you must have a package voucher to sit in that section. But eventually they do open it up for guests without package vouchers. On crowded days, if you show up a minute before showtime even with a package voucher, you could wind up in standing room.

Glad I asked! I thought that you were guaranteed a seat, regardless. So if we show up 45 mins before, we will definitely get a seat though?

So is there still a benefit to this package? MM isnt my 1st choice of restaurants (I like the Sci Fi), but I picked it to guarantee us a seat for the show. Cant you get a general admission seat if you show up 45 mins before show time?

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
G8r4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #21
cajunprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad I asked! I thought that you were guaranteed a seat, regardless. So if we show up 45 mins before, we will definitely get a seat though?

So is there still a benefit to this package? MM isnt my 1st choice of restaurants (I like the Sci Fi), but I picked it to guarantee us a seat for the show. Cant you get a general admission seat if you show up 45 mins before show time?
Depends on how packed the show is and what time of year you are going.

I think the benefit is not having to really wait in line but just getting to go sit down even if you have to sit there 45 mins before. For me, there is a huge benefit because I can get anxious and claustrophobic and there can be soooo many people trying to get in at once it's overwhelming for me. So I think it all depends on you and your family's needs/preferences.
DCL Magic - February 2014
DCL Dream- February 2015
cajunprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
christinou
Is now a Tag Fairy believer and is a proud member of the Duct Tape Patrol!
Mickey is the only mouse for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post

Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

Has anyone done the package recentrly, I would like to know if the appetizer is included and if there is a special menu. Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #23
tb1972
DIS Veteran

We did the package in Sept. 2011 and there was both an appetizer & dessert included. Maybe that changed?

We like the food at MM and will do the Fantasmic! meal for our next trip in May.

tb1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
GeorgiaHoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

Be interested to know this as well. Don't know that it would change our mind on whether to do the package but it might make it less appealing to some.
GeorgiaHoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #25
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Entrée
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

Here's a link to another current thread on the same question:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054544
Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #26
Keith
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you show up 45 minutes before the showtime with your fantasmic dinner package voucher, you will definitely get a seat for everyone who had the package, as long as they are all with you at that time. If you all show up 30 minutes before the showtime, you "might" get a seat.

Last edited by Keith; 01-30-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
It looks like there is only 1 show they day we we are going. DD does not stand in line well. Even if we arrive right before the show, we are still guaranteed a seat, right?
They start releasing seats 30 minutes prior to the show. With your Fantasmic ticket, they tell you to arrive 30-40 minutes before the show.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: