Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #811
DisneyDreamingInMI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantu View Post
Okay, this sounds stupid.. the day before I won.. I found a brand new penny face up at the grocery store. I picked it and DH laughed at me. I told him our luck cant get much worse! I keep that penny on all the time now!
So I was leaving Target tonight with my family and found a penny face up near the door.

I grabbed it and yelled to my husband - I am going to get my call about the Disney vaction contest on Monday!!! The woman on the Disney boards who won a vacation also found a heads up penny at the store the day before she won!!!

Hubby just smiled and kept walking to the car!!! Is it bad that I wouldn't let my 3-year old have my lucky penny?!?!?! I'll hold onto it until I get my call!!!

CBR - March 1997, CBR - May 2004, Off-Site - August 2008, Poly - February 2012 (First Family Trip!), GF - February 2014

DisneyDreamingInMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #812
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
So, no more Dis-Winners? Bummer! Hopefully soon
I wish they'd post the winners names on the website like they did for the OMDD contest last year. That way we'd at least see they are drawing names as opposed to hoping that the lady is out with the flu and they haven't notified any winners since January 3rd and we may still have a chance of already being winners that just haven't been notified yet
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #813
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22

I wish they'd post the winners names on the website like they did for the OMDD contest last year. That way we'd at least see they are drawing names as opposed to hoping that the lady is out with the flu and they haven't notified any winners since January 3rd and we may still have a chance of already being winners that just haven't been notified yet
I saw on Facebook that someone won on Jan 3. The poor woman got attacked by someone calling her a liar after she posted it. People are so funny! So that's 2 that we know of! Good luck
EmmaMagsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #814
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
I saw on Facebook that someone won on Jan 3. The poor woman got attacked by someone calling her a liar after she posted it. People are so funny! So that's 2 that we know of! Good luck
Seriously!! People are so rude!! In the end though she has the last laugh because she'll be getting a free trip to WDW or DL
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #815
suevr
One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Winner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaMagsMom View Post
That happened with some of us who won OMDD last year. People here on the DIS boards told us there was no way that we had actually won since we weren't contacted by phone or e-mail first, only Fed Ex. I guess there's always haters.
~ July~ Disneyland Hotel~ One More Disney Day Sweepstakes trip
2011~ January, May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2010~ May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2009~ October~ Fort Wilderness Cabins
suevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #816
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22

Seriously!! People are so rude!! In the end though she has the last laugh because she'll be getting a free trip to WDW or DL
This happened to me when I won OMDD last year. I was so excited after getting the call from Ventura and I posted on Facebook how incredibly lucky and happy I was. There were a few people that questioned it and said that the contest wasn't real; I iun-friended them and figured that if they couldn't be happy than they weren't a true friend anyway! No big loss here... I enjoyed my trip that they didn't believe was real.

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #817
suevr
One More Disney Day Sweepstakes Winner :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
This happened to me when I won OMDD last year. I was so excited after getting the call from Ventura and I posted on Facebook how incredibly lucky and happy I was. There were a few people that questioned it and said that the contest wasn't real; I iun-friended them and figured that if they couldn't be happy than they weren't a true friend anyway! No big loss here... I enjoyed my trip that they didn't believe was real.
And they lost you as a friend because of the contest and I gained you as one because of it!
~ July~ Disneyland Hotel~ One More Disney Day Sweepstakes trip
2011~ January, May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2010~ May, October~ Fort Wilderness Campground
2009~ October~ Fort Wilderness Cabins
suevr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #818
camsmama
"One More Disney Day" Sweepstakes winner 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suevr

That happened with some of us who won OMDD last year. People here on the DIS boards told us there was no way that we had actually won since we weren't contacted by phone or e-mail first, only Fed Ex. I guess there's always haters.
Am I rembering correctly that someone actually wanted one of the winners to post their letter saying that they won to prove that they won? For some reason, that is sticking out in my mind...

WDW - Too many times to count since we live so close
DL - OMDD Trip Grand Californian - August 2012 (first time to DL & California)
camsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #819
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama

Am I rembering correctly that someone actually wanted one of the winners to post their letter saying that they won to prove that they won? For some reason, that is sticking out in my mind...
Yup I remember that too!
HeatherLassell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #820
cerilene
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmama View Post
I had some jerk questioning my win because FedEx just showed up at my door. I think he may have asked to see my letter.

I really want to hear of some more Dis winners! I had so much fun last year coming on here and hearing about other winners!

cerilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #821
HadesTX
Whoa. Is my hair out?

1.) Disneyland (Never been there!)
2.) Probably Grand Californian, but I've never really looked at the deluxe DL resorts.
3.) Romance package
4.) Depends on my school schedule, but I want to go while the Christmas decorations are up.

WL 12/13
POR 9/11
POR 10/10
CBR 06/07
GF 02/98
Off site 7/87
HadesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #822
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

Up & At'em people!!! Listening to Fantasmic and I just entered. Today is the day!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #823
taigirl87
Resident Pixie Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneshome View Post
Up & At'em people!!! Listening to Fantasmic and I just entered. Today is the day!!!
I'm up and at'em today too! Not listening to awesome disney music though, as I am at work.

I DID enter already today though too! If I win today cool, but really if I have a slow day at work, then today would be awesome
taigirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #824
MagicalPix
Disneyaholic

I am excited about this contest! I wish they posted the names online somewhere too.... I enjoyed checking that every day last time. I guess we just have to be more patient this time!
Good luck everyone

----------------------------
June/2000 Off Prop, Nov/2003 Off Prop,Oct/2007 All Star Movies, Nov/2008 Caribbean Beach, Nov/2009 POR French Quarter, April/2010 Hilton DD,
June/2010 Pop, April/2011 Pop, Oct 2011 Poly, June 2012 All Star Movies & Disney Dream, Jan 2013 POR Riverside Royal room
, Oct 2013 Art of Animation Lion King Suite, Feb 2014 Off Prop , Aug 2014 Pop
MagicalPix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #825
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

All I can say is I'm getting pretty good at entering my name, email, address, phone number and birth date.

Thanks, Disney, for the typing practice!

larryz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: