Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

? about the Fantasmic Dinner Package...

I just reserved the dinner package at MM, but it didnt give me any prices. Do we order from the full menu with the package, or is it a limited menu at a set price? Also, how much is the reserved seating for Fanatsmic add on? Im so confused.....I have no idea how much of our budget to reserve for this event. Thanks!

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
G8r4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The prices for the MM f. dining package can be found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

It is a set fee for the entire package. You order from the regular menu and will get an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. You will receive the voucher for your reserved seating at the end of the meal. I believe that a few months ago they changed the way dessert is served. Instead of ordering dessert from the menu, they bring a sampler platter for the whole table.

Just to be clear- you must reserve the F. Dining Package. You cannot make a regular ADR for a MM meal and then hope to pay extra for the seating.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 10:22 AM   #3
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I don't know if it's changed - someone else might be able to confirm - but when we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we had to book the package not just a reservation at the restaurant. We did H&V and it was a couple of years ago, but I don't think you just make a reservation, I think you tell them ahead of time that you want the package because they only have a set amount of the Dinner Package Tickets available.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
I don't know if it's changed - someone else might be able to confirm - but when we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we had to book the package not just a reservation at the restaurant. We did H&V and it was a couple of years ago, but I don't think you just make a reservation, I think you tell them ahead of time that you want the package because they only have a set amount of the Dinner Package Tickets available.
Im pretty sure I booked both online. I dont remember seeing it before, so maybe its new?

Mama Melroses Lunch Fantasmic
Date: Friday, January 25, 2013Time: 3:10 PMGuests: 3 Adults Modify Guests Location: Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano - Streets of America - Disney's Hollywood Studios®Guaranteed by Credit Card Opens tool tip. Beginning of tooltip contentEnd of tooltip content

Contemporary, All Star Sports, Swan & Dolphin, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Hilton Bonnet Creek & and coming soon: POP Century!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
The prices for the MM f. dining package can be found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

It is a set fee for the entire package. You order from the regular menu and will get an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. You will receive the voucher for your reserved seating at the end of the meal. I believe that a few months ago they changed the way dessert is served. Instead of ordering dessert from the menu, they bring a sampler platter for the whole table.

Just to be clear- you must reserve the F. Dining Package. You cannot make a regular ADR for a MM meal and then hope to pay extra for the seating.

Thank you so much! I didnt realize the Fantasmic ticket was included in the meal price? That makes me feel so much better about the cost. No wonder the menu looked so pricey. $$ So for 2 adults and 1 child. We will get a full meal + a reserved seat for $35-$50 a piece? Are the seats pretty good?

Old 01-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #6
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

The seating we had was to the right of the arena, it was the second block over from the right so you're not central but there isn't really a "bad" seat in there. As long as you booked the Dinner Package you should be fine.

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
The seating we had was to the right of the arena, it was the second block over from the right so you're not central but there isn't really a "bad" seat in there. As long as you booked the Dinner Package you should be fine.

So excited! I havent seen Fantasmic in 10 years! Really hoping our soon to be 5 year old loves it. Thank you!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8r4evr

Thank you so much! I didnt realize the Fantasmic ticket was included in the meal price? That makes me feel so much better about the cost. No wonder the menu looked so pricey. $$ So for 2 adults and 1 child. We will get a full meal + a reserved seat for $35-$50 a piece? Are the seats pretty good?
The seats arent great, but are ok if you show up at 30 minutes prior to showtime and try to get as close to the rope as possible.
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
SabresFan
Mouseketeer

The seating is to the far right of the amphitheater. The best views are from seats in the center, but to get those you have to get in line 2+ hours before the show starts. The biggest advantage of the Fantasmic! package is you can arrive 20 minutes before show time and still get a seat - not the best seat in the house but still a decent one (keep in mind the capacity of the entire place is about 10,000).

Of course, all meals at Disney are pricey - the Fantasmic! package is no more or less pricey than the other meals in the park. Personally, anything I can do to reduce my time spent standing in lines is well worth it, so I have never seen Fantasmic! without getting the package.

Also, Fantasmic! can be intense for little ones - just about every Disney villain that there ever was makes an appearance - so you may not want to sit super close to the action any way.

SabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

When we went in December the area was move closer to the center, so yes they were good seats. You still have to get there at least 45 minutes prior as it does fill up (well this depends on if there is one or two shows and the time of the year). Also at MM you DO NOT get to pick a dessert anymore. You are given a sample tray of the desserts they serve.

We ordered our meal off the regular menu and received an appetizer and entree.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:32 AM   #11
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Is this package on the dining plan or just OOP?
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #12
CalSea12
Desperately needs a dose of the magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
I was told my a CM that it is on the dining plan but not QSDP, and its 1 TS credit.

Several Trips as a child to DL and DW, 2008-All Star Movies ,2010-Honeymoon Caribbean Beach, November 2013 ASMu
CalSea12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #13
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
1 TS credit for MM or Hollywood & Vine

2 TS credits for Hollywood Brown Derby
Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
G8r4evr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun View Post
When we went in December the area was move closer to the center, so yes they were good seats. You still have to get there at least 45 minutes prior as it does fill up (well this depends on if there is one or two shows and the time of the year). Also at MM you DO NOT get to pick a dessert anymore. You are given a sample tray of the desserts they serve.

We ordered our meal off the regular menu and received an appetizer and entree.
It looks like there is only 1 show they day we we are going. DD does not stand in line well. Even if we arrive right before the show, we are still guaranteed a seat, right?

Old 01-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
Red_Rider
Mouseketeer

Wow, I didn't realize the package was only 1 TS credit, that's pretty good considering you get an appetizer and desert as well
2004 – Coronado Springs
2005 – Disneyland
2010 - All Star Movies
Red_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: