Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #631
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
We bought direct too. I don't love the limitations or possible limitations on resale either though if the GCV price were right, I'd hop on it. I like fully loaded and available immediately as well. I just saw a great GCV resale for 160 I think which would be perfect but sad for me, I don't have an extra $16,000 laying around.
I so hear you there! I don't imagine they have much available even direct for GCV do they? I'd probably suck up a studio there to be honest, much as I love having the kitchen, the trip just doesn't need to be as long so a studio could be livable for 3 nights if it was just the 4 of us, though certainly not ideal.

Quote:
I'm happy for you! You get to make your New Years reservation in just a couple of weeks.
I do! Very excited about that. Have had some drama about it already with the family, hopefully it will be resolved before then. Flight prices are freaky, I am hoping with enough prior tracking we can make it work but they are scary.

Quote:
I'm going to Club 33 for my birthday!!!

A sweet friend made us a reservation for the day after my birthday! It'll be them and my friend Sadee and myself. Lunch! Can't wait. It's a bucket lister for me.
I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!!!!!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #632
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I so hear you there! I don't imagine they have much available even direct for GCV do they? I'd probably suck up a studio there to be honest, much as I love having the kitchen, the trip just doesn't need to be as long so a studio could be livable for 3 nights if it was just the 4 of us, though certainly not ideal.

I do! Very excited about that. Have had some drama about it already with the family, hopefully it will be resolved before then. Flight prices are freaky, I am hoping with enough prior tracking we can make it work but they are scary.

I am SOOOOO jealous!!!!!!!!

I am super duper excited! Like I could hardly sleep last night. I'm waitlisted for the night before in a Studio at the GCV. They had a 1 bedroom but I just couldn't swallow spending 52 points for one night for 2 people. Maybe I'll see what the DLH costs points wise? I was thinking it would be cool to wake up at Disney before heading to Club 33 for a fabulous lunch with awesome friends.

The Studio would be easy with 4 for sure and the points are so high for a one bedroom, I'd totally ne happy with a Studio for 4.

Family drama regarding NYE? Already? I'm sorry. I hope it all works out. It sounds like you're planning an amazing trip. Boardwalk at midnight? Unreal!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #633
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
We bought direct too. I don't love the limitations or possible limitations on resale either though if the GCV price were right, I'd hop on it. I like fully loaded and available immediately as well. I just saw a great GCV resale for 160 I think which would be perfect but sad for me, I don't have an extra $16,000 laying around.

I'm happy for you! You get to make your New Years reservation in just a couple of weeks.

A sweet friend made us a reservation for the day after my birthday! It'll be them and my friend Sadee and myself. Lunch! Can't wait. It's a bucket lister for me.
Congratulations!!! What awesome friends indeed.

I hope you have a great time at the Club. Take lots of pictures so we can live vicariously.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #634
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Congratulations!!! What awesome friends indeed.

I hope you have a great time at the Club. Take lots of pictures so we can live vicariously.

I agree, I feel very blessed. I will for sure, thank you! I'll bring the real camera so they're not all iPhone shots. I'll probably skip breakfast too. Or I'll have a Bengal BBQ skewer for breakfast.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #635
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Club 33 that is great ! Did hear of Club 33 before, but did not know much about it - so I did look it up and it says it is a private club.
So how do you get in ?
Yes, you will need your real camera not the photo camera.
When will you be going ?
Sounds fab !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #636
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:

I hadn't heard anything about Carsland in WDW. That'd be awesome! Who do you rent points through? I'm thinking I'm going to need to rent for the Dec. 2014 trip.
Talk to me in October or November 2013....I went crazy on the VGC points thinking that we would spend several weekends there during F&W. I still have 72 2012 points and my full allotment of 2013 points to come. Unless they bring back F&W I don't see me planning a lot of stays at the 11 month mark.

Quote:

I hope it's fun! Nice to tick things off your bucketlist!

Quote:
I agree, I feel very blessed. I will for sure, thank you! I'll bring the real camera so they're not all iPhone shots. I'll probably skip breakfast too. Or I'll have a Bengal BBQ skewer for breakfast.
You'll want to have a huge appetite, there is so much good food, and take plenty of pictures! I hope you get the waitlist. I've used my points to at the DLH and GCH for last minute visits. It's a lot more than for a villa, but at least you're staying at Disney!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #637
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
Club 33 that is great ! Did hear of Club 33 before, but did not know much about it - so I did look it up and it says it is a private club.
So how do you get in ?
Yes, you will need your real camera not the photo camera.
When will you be going ?
Sounds fab !

To get in you've got to either be a member or be basically sponsored by a member. Its been on my bucket list as long as I've had a bucket list. We'll be going in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Talk to me in October or November 2013....I went crazy on the VGC points thinking that we would spend several weekends there during F&W. I still have 72 2012 points and my full allotment of 2013 points to come. Unless they bring back F&W I don't see me planning a lot of stays at the 11 month mark.

Really? I'll check with you first then. For our trip in Dec 2014 I'm going to need the 11 month advantage for sure. I hope you get to use your points of course but I'll happily rent them from you if you've got them available. Are you ready for your trip??? I can't believe you leave so soon.

Quote:
I hope it's fun! Nice to tick things off your bucketlist!

This and Nantucket are/were right at the top.

Quote:
You'll want to have a huge appetite, there is so much good food, and take plenty of pictures! I hope you get the waitlist. I've used my points to at the DLH and GCH for last minute visits. It's a lot more than for a villa, but at least you're staying at Disney!

I looked into using points at one of the hotels. I'm not a PPH lover. The GCV is my favorite but I do like the DLH too. We did Christmas there in 2005 and it was fantastic. I think it's 30+ for a night the DLH. The site is down right now, I just checked. I do like the idea of sleeping near the magic and waking up to a magical day. My Disney loving flag is proudly flying high right now.

I'll be starving I'm sure. I'll skip breakfast which isn't abnormal for me. I don't know what the picture taking etiquette is and I don't want to hinder anyone's experience.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #638
franandaj

Quote:
Really? I'll check with you first then. For our trip in Dec 2014 I'm going to need the 11 month advantage for sure. I hope you get to use your points of course but I'll happily rent them from you if you've got them available. Are you ready for your trip??? I can't believe you leave so soon.

This and Nantucket are/were right at the top.

I'll be starving I'm sure. I'll skip breakfast which isn't abnormal for me. I don't know what the picture taking etiquette is and I don't want to hinder anyone's experience.
We should know if F&W is coming back in 2014 by October, if it isn't coming back we won't be planning any big advance trips for a while. So I might have points to rent, we'll see.

I am NOT ready for my trip. I haven't unpacked the clean clothes from my trip to my parents over Christmas. With three canceled trips, it's like I don't really believe that I'm going. I need to get those suitcases unpacked and start repacking them.

I normally skip breakfast, but you might want to do something just to have a little sumptin sumptin in your stomach in case you start off your lunch with a Bloody Mary!

Picture taking is encouraged, bring it on.
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #639
rentayenta

Quote:
We should know if F&W is coming back in 2014 by October, if it isn't coming back we won't be planning any big advance trips for a while. So I might have points to rent, we'll see.

I am NOT ready for my trip. I haven't unpacked the clean clothes from my trip to my parents over Christmas. With three canceled trips, it's like I don't really believe that I'm going. I need to get those suitcases unpacked and start repacking them.

I normally skip breakfast, but you might want to do something just to have a little sumptin sumptin in your stomach in case you start off your lunch with a Bloody Mary!

Picture taking is encouraged, bring it on.

You haven't unpacked? You're going, get packing or unpacking and then packing. Fran's healing nicely now right? Do you have a ton to do before the trip? It's 17 days away!!!

I do love a good Bloody Mary. With extra olives and spicy.

Glad to hear about the photos. I think I took 30 just today of the kids sledding. And they sled often.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #640
franandaj

Quote:
You haven't unpacked? You're going, get packing or unpacking and then packing. Fran's healing nicely now right? Do you have a ton to do before the trip? It's 17 days away!!!

I do love a good Bloody Mary. With extra olives and spicy.

Glad to hear about the photos. I think I took 30 just today of the kids sledding. And they sled often.
We have to buy batteries for my scooter, and then pack.

We got our ME tags for the trip home today...it's getting close!

Old 01-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #641
rentayenta

Quote:
We have to buy batteries for my scooter, and then pack.

We got our ME tags for the trip home today...it's getting close!

ME tags make it so real.

Do scooter batteries last long?

I'm looking forward to your report.

Last edited by rentayenta; 01-13-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #642
franandaj

Quote:
ME tags make it so real.

Do scooter batteries last long?

I'm looking forward to your report.
I know! I did a happy dance when the tags arrived ev Re n if tj Re y were for vBulletin us leaving.excuse. the previous typos please. I love/hate my new phone.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #643
rentayenta

Quote:
I know! I did a happy dance when the tags arrived ev Re n if tj Re y were for vBulletin us leaving.excuse. the previous typos please. I love/hate my new phone.

You should be really happy dancing today with only 16 days until your trip. What kind of phone do you have?

Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #644
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Club 33 for your birthday is going to be amazing!!!

I need to look into adding on GCV points. I'm hoping GFV price info is released soon.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #645
franandaj

Quote:
You should be really happy dancing today with only 16 days until your trip. What kind of phone do you have?
I'm having a hard time beliveing the trip will happen. I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Love your new ticker!!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: